List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schultz would be 2nd Band compensation next year if we can wait. If freo insist on being unreasonable wait till next year and watch them melt down

GW is up to something I reckon.

To let Adams go so easily before signing Schultz?

I don't rate Adams as highly as others. But he was our vice captain and still had a year on his contract so it does seem a bit odd?

I cannot imagine Sydney would have made our life that easy had Adams been a Swans player?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
-significant back-ended deal with 1-year to run >> '2024 cap saving
-beyond '24 likely offered 1-year on way less coin ..which may well have been received like lead-fart on the hiddenburg
-midfield minutes taken over by Mitchell / NickD
-residual mid minutes likely to be taken over by Finn ..no guarantees but appears as if he's been assured he will get a look in, in 2024
-squad demographic: 10 players in => 30 yo bracket ..need to progressively transition this cohort

Schultz would be 2nd Band compensation next year if we can wait. If freo insist on being unreasonable wait till next year and watch them melt down

The only problem with waiting until next year is that other clubs will be wanting him as well. We don't want the competition.

Risk is another club offering him more $ next year, and he’s likely to increase in value on his current trajectory. We’d want to get it done now hence the 5 year offer

Not sure why people are struggling to guess about when Adams became disenchanted. It has nothing to do with MacRae and it's all to do with getting Mitchell. Mitchell does everything Adams does, is around the same age. He is more durable and plays the role more effectively.
Yes,I think it’s more of a case of noses being out of joint,rather than the length of contracts that a lot of people are using as the reason for him leaving.

As others have mentioned, pick 33 was about par for Adams, especially given the back-ended nature of his contract.
I think pick 19 is about right for Schultz - if we wait a year, something like that is what Freo will get anyway, so they might as well take it now.
As for pick 33 and 38, Gold Coast have 6 picks in the 20s and 30s which will get chewed up matching bids, both of those will come in a bit.
There might also be a bid for Croft.
Pick 33 could end up a late 20s pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes,I think it’s more of a case of noses being out of joint,rather than the length of contracts that a lot of people are using as the reason for him leaving.
Think about what you're saying, if he's not 100% happy and then offered 3 years over 1, then it's mostly about the length of the contract. If he's only offered 1 then I'd be confident he would've stayed.

The only problem with waiting until next year is that other clubs will be wanting him as well. We don't want the competition.
While true, I think it's worth betting on ourselves as the primary destination if the compensation asked for is too high. We were the third oldest premiership list in about 80 years. I know Schultz is 25 and not old, but the number of promising players in the development age at this club considering the age of some of the players we are relying on is really really low.

Nah, you got as good as you gave. Stop playing the victim.
Yeah I gave back but they started on me no victims here buddy just facts don’t insult people then get your back up when they give back we can all defend ourselves from insulting comments but let’s just move on I don’t have any issues with anyone on here I’ve been reading this site for many years just joined a couple years ago because I love the views everyone has we shouldn’t be arguing amongst ourselves we are all part of this Collingwood family so hope that settles things and we can just focus on the club instead of each other

Is it just me or did Melbourne get a better deal for Grundy than we did for Adams? One guy couldn't get a game the other clearly in the best 22 and a member of the leadership group

Yes they did, they also aren’t paying any of his contract.

Oliver had heaps of potential and is a lot younger. Was also unfortunately out of contract. We got what, pick 25?

Feels like Karma to me.

I hope Port hang tough as the offer is reasonable for a player with a history of injury and one who has been tried and failed as a forward, as a ruck and remains a promising but in reality untested key defender across a full season.

Then of course he's uncontracted and could be persuaded to enter the PSD and be snapped up for free by Hawthorn prior to any Geelong selection or Port if Geelong and Mackie don't go full c*** mode.
Cats ended up throwing in Cooper Stephens.

Yeah I gave back but they started on me no victims here buddy just facts don’t insult people then get your back up when they give back we can all defend ourselves from insulting comments but let’s just move on I don’t have any issues with anyone on here I’ve been reading this site for many years just joined a couple years ago because I love the views everyone has we shouldn’t be arguing amongst ourselves we are all part of this Collingwood family so hope that settles things and we can just focus on the club instead of each other
Ingy had a point. That wall of text is incredibly difficult to read.

Is it just me or did Melbourne get a better deal for Grundy than we did for Adams? One guy couldn't get a game the other clearly in the best 22 and a member of the leadership group
It's largely irrelevant now - deals done, move on.
F**k the lot of them.
Lets go back to back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back