List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It would be cruel of another club to pinch a player who doesn't want to go anywhere while there is an agreement between player and his club.
I'd imagine in this situations, the players manager makes it clear to all clubs dont bother even thinking about it.
It’s also cruel to force a club to trade valuable players for nothing because of salary cap mismanagement.

This is no different. A contender should take him, not sure what his salary is but I’d take him too!

It’s also cruel to force a club to trade valuable players for nothing because of salary cap mismanagement.

This is no different. A contender should take him, not sure what his salary is but I’d take him too!
Why is it cruel on the club if it was club incompetence?

Cruel on the player who had no part in the mismanagement, but not the club.

Stinker hey? Only way is up or out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well Chugg's first year didn't set the world on fire and it was interrupted by Covid limiting VFL. Fitness and match intensity was something he had to get used to as well as AFL standards. He was a player who was surprised as anyone to get draft so this season is hopefully going to see him put together consistency. But my point still stands that one year in the AFL system is rarely enough to judge a player.

Exactly. It would be cruel of another club to pinch a player who doesn't want to go anywhere while there is an agreement between player and his club.
I'd imagine in this situations, the players manager makes it clear to all clubs dont bother even thinking about it.
Nick Stevens was pinched by Carlton. I can't think of too many other examples but it happens from time to time.

I don't understand why he would. The Suns have said that they are forced to take 3 picks into the draft and so asked a couple of players to basically do them a favour and allow them to delist and re-draft them all on the same terms/contract etc. they were already on. They aren't looking at moving these players on.
Kind of abusing the system. If the point of the draft is to allow fresh talent into the fold, then there should be a rule about taking new players so you can't just delist a bunch of nobodies and get around it.

Nick Stevens was pinched by Carlton. I can't think of too many other examples but it happens from time to time.

That was the pre season draft wasn’t it?

The suns just the unfortunate of having everyone contracted for 2022 maybe the afl should get rid of the rule about having to select a certain amount of players on the draft and leave it up to the clubs to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The suns just the unfortunate of having everyone contracted for 2022 maybe the afl should get rid of the rule about having to select a certain amount of players on the draft and leave it up to the clubs to decide.

Didn't you know, it's all about evening out the Competition. If the AFL allowed clubs to do it, then they wouldn't be able to make sure the expansion clubs had a distinct advantage

That would be a nightmare. Youth needs to enter the system. At the same time, I want more mature agers making it. Every other league seems not to have the allergy the AFL does with recruiting people over the age of 18 or 19. Sure, there are examples but there seems to be hesitance for the future. State league products are good to go. Why wouldn't you take at least one per year?

That would be a nightmare. Youth needs to enter the system. At the same time, I want more mature agers making it. Every other league seems not to have the allergy the AFL does with recruiting people over the age of 18 or 19. Sure, there are examples but there seems to be hesitance for the future. State league products are good to go. Why wouldn't you take at least one per year?
Yeah, I agree Re: state league. There are some great players out there that don't get looked at. It's a shame.

Some good cases like Mhochek. Surely there are plenty like him out there just waiting for an opportunity.

Did you know that Matt Rendell is Jack Madgen's uncle? I was doing some research and came across this.

Did you know that Matt Rendell is Jack Madgen's uncle? I was doing some research and came across this.
Don't let this come out. Please.

Jack Madgen might not be the most talented player but he's not hopeless, racist or responsible for some of the worst list management and drafting calls of all time.

As Maynard was recruited because we passed on Patrick Cripps, would you rather Maynard or Patrick Cripps playing for Collingwood now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't let this come out. Please.

Jack Madgen might not be the most talented player but he's not hopeless, racist or responsible for some of the worst list management and drafting calls of all time.
well known apparantely. Rendell was the one that pushed him into earning a spot on the list.

AND is related to Grundy

" Among Madgen’s junior basketball opponents was a young Brodie Grundy, incredibly now his Collingwood teammate. Grundy is a distant maternal cousin, and Madgen’s Eastern Mavericks would often confront Grundy’s Sturt on the court. "

Last edited:
well known apparantely. Rendell was the one that pushed him into earning a spot on the list.

AND is related to Grundy

" Among Madgen’s junior basketball opponents was a young Brodie Grundy, incredibly now his Collingwood teammate. Grundy is a distant maternal cousin, and Madgen’s Eastern Mavericks would often confront Grundy’s Sturt on the court. "

Was Shifter paid to keep this hush hush?

Lists are too small.

As Maynard was recruited because we passed on Patrick Cripps, would you rather Maynard or Patrick Cripps playing for Collingwood now?
What kind of twisted logic is this? Maynard wasn’t drafted because he was a similar player to Cripps, he was drafted because Cripps’ improvement in fitness changed their policy on drafting players with smaller tanks. There’s absolutely no evidence to say that if we’d drafted Cripps we wouldn’t have also drafted Maynard.

What kind of twisted logic is this? Maynard wasn’t drafted because he was a similar player to Cripps, he was drafted because Cripps’ improvement in fitness changed their policy on drafting players with smaller tanks. There’s absolutely no evidence to say that if we’d drafted Cripps we wouldn’t have also drafted Maynard.
No that is my question. Would you rather we get the player of Maynard or the player of Cripps. Not like for like but because they glossed over Cripps, they were more aware of Maynard. Had they got Cripps, they wouldn't have been so alert about Maynard.

AND is related to Grundy

Yeah thought everyone knew that was fairly publicised at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back