List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that is my question. Would you rather we get the player of Maynard or the player of Cripps. Not like for like but because they glossed over Cripps, they were more aware of Maynard. Had they got Cripps, they wouldn't have been so alert about Maynard.
That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. They weren’t ‘more aware’ of Maynard, they were simply more open to drafting him despite his small tank. If they’d recruited Cripps and he’d show the same improvement at the pies as at Carlton then nothing would have changed with the attitude to Maynard.

We are trading again lol

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Saints have acquired Pick 55 from Collingwood, with the Saints expected to part with a future fourth-round selection that’s tied to Adelaide’s 2022 finishing position.

Details of the trade will be confirmed by the AFL, St Kilda and Collingwood soon.

Last edited:

As it stands, Collingwood holds picks 36, 38 40, 46, 48, 58, 78 and 79 in this year’s draft and a first, three third round, and a fourth round selection in 2022.

Though pick 55 is the first pick in the 4th round, so if crows are bottom 4, it could be anywhere between pick 55-59

We are trading again lol

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Saints have acquired Pick 55 from Collingwood, with the Saints expected to part with a future fourth-round selection that’s tied to Adelaide’s 2022 finishing position.

Details of the trade will be confirmed by the AFL, St Kilda and Collingwood soon.

Gives me the impression that we are going to trade a fair few of our later picks next year for an upgrade this year post Daicos.

We are trading again lol

Giving up points there. Pick 55 to be bumped up to inside the 40s... and next years future 4th from the crows (edit) likely to fall in early 60s

That now makes 3 x future 3rds plus 2x future 4ths... makes me think we are either doing a deal with the Lions for perhaps their pick 41 or their future 2nd as they have young Ashcroft coming through... a 2022 top 3-5 prospect

Giving up points there. Pick 55 to be bumped up to inside the 40s... and next years future 4th from the saints likely to fall in mid 60s

That now makes 3 x future 3rds plus 2x future 4ths... makes me think we are either doing a deal with the Lions for perhaps their pick 41 or their future 2nd as they have young Ashcroft coming through... a 2022 top 3-5 prospect
Only 1 future 4th. We gave the one we had away in the lynch trade.

We acquire a 4th round which we didn't have before (given we gave it to hawks in the lynch trade) And now only need a future 2nd to complete the 2022 order.
Agree - working towards being able to trade the 2022 first

whether that’sto get back into this draft or for an established player…

A late third rounder for a future 4th (albeit probably an early one tied to Crows) seems a bit of a backward step. In saying that 55 probably not a lot of value to us this year and it now gives us a pick back in the 4th round next year. We might be able to bundle that future 4th now with a couple of future 3rds for a pick this year in the 20-30 range. 2 future 3rds and that future 4th to Lions for their 18 (probably becomes 20) would be gold.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to know the logic behind that
Me too. I think it suggests that we wanted a fourth round selection so that we can trade our future first. But are AFL rules written so that having 2 thirds doesn't trump having a 3rd and a 4th? Surely if you have a second, and two thirds you can trade your first?

Might be nothing to do with trading our first. Might end up being the first half of draft night deal that enables cicumventing the trading in and out on draft night.

Second this. Great seeing all the colours and pride out in the west during grand final week.

Amazing what a club can do when they don’t waste their 1st rd picks and draft proper KPPs rather than Cat B rookies
I live out in west also....I'm over the dogs now...used to like them.

Can't stand anymore

The romance is over

We are trading again lol

Guess that means the Pies know that Daics won't be going at 1 as they no longer have the points to cover it (or they've struck a deal to trade for more points as contingency)

Guess that means the Pies know that Daics won't be going at 1 as they no longer have the points to cover it (or they've struck a deal to trade for more points as contingency)
I think it's pretty obvious to everyone now it won't be pick 1. They also must have gotten word too. Also we can't take 7 picks into the draft.

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone now it won't be pick 1. They also must have gotten word too. Also we can't take 7 picks into the draft.
I thought we could take 7 picks but not use only 6 on Daicos. That's probably just my misunderstanding :), though.

It's hard to move a bundle of thirds in one deal so expect this continue all the way until draft night.

Hope you are living up to your name because this is one of the worst takes I’ve seen this year.

Not the worst ever, but it’s up there.
Take? Wright and Hine have come out and said that this age isn't what they're going for. They want 23+ to complement the list.

He's not going anywhere anyway. It's not a take, it's fact.

Think we should be taking chances or risk on taller players anyway, some that have been flagged on this forum look good even though just highlights, the last few years with picks like Sier, Chugg, Atu etc just not working out for me, they need at least some xfactor and height is a start.
Love how you've thrown Chugg in there despite not watching a single bit of him.

Yeah, I knew that they needed to make at least one more pick swap before Monday - was thinking that the trade would have been more meaningful - maybe it will be part of something on the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back