List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Damien Barrett believes the Pies are as well placed as anyone to get Dan Houston.

Wow.
He also said the same about stringer, so I wouldn't take his word as anything.

Damian Barrett all over us going hard for trading in Dan Houston. Interesting change in attitude from the media.

I assumed Carlton were in the box seat to land Houston, unless there’s an indication he wants to play for us? We have nothing to offer ATM.

And we need it. The Lions are about to add virtually the no1/top 3 pick in the midfield.

We need to bring in some seriously good players this off-season.

The Brions are proper weopanised - Coleman also returning from injury. Linc McCarthy.and Doedee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must have been watching different games.

Terrible disposal, fumbly & undersized.

He’s Trent Bianco with a bit of pace.
In what world is 183cm undersized for a half back flanker? Aside from that you’re just wrong on all fronts.

You have truly terrible judgement.

Huston is a no from me, we have already burnt a first round pick on a role player in Schultz we can’t afford to burn another 2.

Target free agents for immediate impact while taking picks to the draft never trade
Seems like the club has the opposite philosophy.

Only 50% of a rookies contract is counted in the salary cap
So if the cap is tight which according to media reports it still is and Fly wants to bring in players not draft picks it does make a difference
No, a flat $80k of a rookies contract is counted outside the cap, which is base rookie salary iirc.

He was not a good get at all. Especially for the price we paid
Disagree. Only reason you say this is because Pies pick rose to top 12.... due to injuries, which Schultz cannot control
Pies was suppose to be in the Pick 18 to 25 range when the trade was done. A good trade at the time.

Injuries happen... it happens to any team. Bad luck.

He also said the same about stringer, so I wouldn't take his word as anything.
In fairness that was before his undesirable relationships were revealed and the club ruled themselves out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back