List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Huston is a no from me, we have already burnt a first round pick on a role player in Schultz we can’t afford to burn another 2.

Target free agents for immediate impact while taking picks to the draft never trade
Schultz is on track to be a 200 gamer. That’s pushing twice the average games played of picks 11-20 in the draft which is around 110 games.

Only 50% of a rookies contract is counted in the salary cap
So if the cap is tight which according to media reports it still is and Fly wants to bring in players not draft picks it does make a difference
The number of rookies Vs senior list makes a difference, but Deans contract would be the same either way. Him not being signed suggests we're hoping to upgrade him. Same with all the unsigned blokes other than Joey. One or two of them may end up with contracts, but we're choosing to not commit yet as it depends on trade week.

How did that work out? Burnt a high value pick for Schultz 🤢. While letting Ginivan go for a half eaten packet of chips
Fly wants players, not picks.

There’s been little whispers here and there for a couple of days re Houston to us.
One poster on the Port board has even called Chris Davies’ integrity into question off the back of it.

There’s been little whispers here and there for a couple of days re Houston to us.
One poster on the Port board has even called Chris Davies’ integrity into question off the back of it.
trade between us, Gold Coast and port? Luko, Houston, Richard’s involved with picks. MEGA TRADE

I don’t get the people who want to rebuild, the 2025 flag is right there for the taking
I don't think anyone is suggesting a full blown rebuild, more so attack the off season like we did post 2022.

Kept our first rounder - drafted Allan

Trade for needs - Hill, Mitchell, Frampton

Acquire talent through FA - McStay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are getting picks and not in the race for Houston, unless we don’t have to give a good pick. Won’t be trading future picks for him and won’t be giving up a first if we get for Noble. Damo is wrong here.
Wouldn't trying to get next years first into this draft be a better way to go. After watching the under 17s yesterday, that draft has hairs on it

Schultz is on track to be a 200 gamer. That’s pushing twice the average games played of picks 11-20 in the draft which is around 110 games.
Your point? He is an average footballer, using your metrics to justify it we took way unders for Jack.

Trading for the sake of trading is futile. Target free agents to make an immediate impact while taking picks to the draft to develop the next gen

I don't think anyone is suggesting a full blown rebuild, more so attack the off season like we did post 2022.

Kept our first rounder - drafted Allan

Trade for needs - Hill, Mitchell, Frampton

Acquire talent through FA - McStay
I reckon some people want to rebuild.
Dan Houston 2x all Australian best half back in the league, what’s there to be afraid of? Look at Zorko these half back types can play for years into their 30’s

Your point? He is an average footballer, using your metrics to justify it we took way unders for Jack.

Trading for the sake of trading is futile. Target free agents to make an immediate impact while taking picks to the draft to develop the next gen
Only thing average is your football brain.
He is elite. Stats do not lie.
I guess Fly and friends have NFI. But you do.

Huston is a no from me, we have already burnt a first round pick on a role player in Schultz we can’t afford to burn another 2.

Target free agents for immediate impact while taking picks to the draft never trade
If we add in Houston ( who is the best HBF) then we are contending again.

If I’m picking between an unknown quantity or a known quantity ( who significantly improves us) then I’m all for it.
Especially when I see us in contention next year.

If I’m picking between an unknown quantity or a known quantity ( who significantly improves us) then I’m all for it.
When have we not got burnt by trading multiple first rounders?

Huston is a good player yet so was Tim Taranto and look how that backfired on Richmond.

Spot on, just ignore the seedy one, sounds like he got out of the wrong side of the bed

You are overvaluing the pick. That’s my point

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back