List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night on Footy Furance Morris said it was out of Carlton and North with Carlton the front runners, we were not even mentioned.

If we get one player this trade period it has to be Houston, this replaces the need to use Nick at HB and replaces Maynard to play further up the ground.
Houston’s kicking will also compliment our corridor game.
Morris said petracca was gone

Not sure how Morris has come to that conclusion given it’s also been reported in the last 24 hours that Port are furious at Carlton and refusing to even talk directly to them due to their “arrogant” offer of a future first rounder and taking 11 off the table.

It truly sounds like Carlton is Houston’s preferred destination but they’re doing their best to shit the bed and have Port refuse to deal with them entirely at this point.
There seems to always be a bit of this in negotiations, but I imagine they'll come around and a compromise will be reached. But Houston will want to decide where he wants to go. But has to be one that can get a deal done, so thats probably what is being talked about.

Just my opinion, but I think you’re being a bit over the top about it, EM
I thought it was worthwhile discussion
Yes, it’ll be something else tomorrow but I found the comments interesting even if taken out of context or just of the cuff and flippant
Why wouldn’t it be discussed on a show called Trade Radio?
As I said in my previous reply to you about the same thing..not sure why you've replied to it twice...

.. we're all entitled to our own opinions on Kane's type of commentary.

Everything looks questionable on paper. We will find a spot for him and if he's coming, they probably already have his role in mind. McCreery hasn't shown he can play midfield at any stage, this is a BF fatuation and his best spot is forward. Allan played 1 half decent game and is still an unknown quantity. Both Perryman and Peatling improve our age demographic also.
Beau got a midfield run on KB (I think?) and was killing it in there until he copped a knock and got sat out of the game with concussion.
Small sample size I know, but he looked the goods and played mid as a junior. As a defensive type mid I think he’s got potential.

I’m glad you mentioned getting pick 12 in a package for Noble. A few on here have correctly pointed out that a straight swap of Noble for pick 12 is unrealistic.
It will always involve some wheeling and dealing of picks to snag pick 12 for Noble.
I think we’ll try and get it done for Noble and 33. Could possibly try to trade 33 for two later picks from Richmond that will give GC more points than 33.

Not sure how Morris has come to that conclusion given it’s also been reported in the last 24 hours that Port are furious at Carlton and refusing to even talk directly to them due to their “arrogant” offer of a future first rounder and taking 11 off the table.

It truly sounds like Carlton is Houston’s preferred destination but they’re doing their best to shit the bed and have Port refuse to deal with them entirely at this point.

I’d love Carlton to botch it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beau got a midfield run on KB (I think?) and was killing it in there until he copped a knock and got sat out of the game with concussion.
Small sample size I know, but he looked the goods and played mid as a junior. As a defensive type mid I think he’s got potential.
Was the first game against Carlton from memory. Showed potential but he will have to put the work in

Probably because he was a long way ahead of the third ranked. From memory he was top 50 and we had no one else (aside from Naicos of course) ranked in the top 100.

I don’t see quite the weaknesses you do aside from pace and can see a role for him on a wing given how he can cover the ground. If the Jaicos move to HB is permanent I can absolutely see he and Perryman as our wings in 2025.

The real question is where Peatling fits if he comes across do they see him as the run with player we had Steele as late season? Or is he a first possession mid like Mitchell? Or is he even the in/ out blend you get with Pendles? Adding Peatling and everyone is fit then one misses (two if you include Allan) and I genuinely don’t know who it is out of the 4 incumbents.
The wing is becoming super important and will be even more next year. We are starting to see super athletic wingman who break lines and can offer a good down the line marking option. I'm just not sure Lippa is in the same mould. They need a point of difference to be effective going forward. I'm just big on pace as one of the more effective weapons for the future

Bulldogs "ITK" poster:
Peatling: "I'm hearing magpies offer blew everyone out of the water. A week or two ago GWS upped their offer from 2 years to 3 and it all looked wrapped up but the Pies are desperate to climb again and rejuvenate their midfield, upping the financial side of their 4 year offer and offering first crack at midfield minutes.
Pies have also offered Perryman something believed to blow Port and GWS out of the water, they've offered the same/similar terms as Port and significantly more then GWS but unlike Port and GWS they can also offer him significant midfield minutes."

Bulldogs "ITK" poster:
"I'm hearing magpies offer blew everyone out of the water. A week or two ago GWS upped their offer from 2 years to 3 and it all looked wrapped up but the Pies are desperate to climb again and rejuvenate their midfield, upping the financial side of their 4 year offer and offering first crack at midfield minutes.
Pies have also offered Perryman something believed to blow Port and GWS out of the water, they've offered the same/similar terms as Port and significantly more then GWS but unlike Port and GWS they can also offer him significant midfield minutes."
Apparently we just held up a photo of Ken and then Fly

It was against Carlton the first time

Yeah he was absolutely smashing it and I still reckon he has a real future as a midfielder. Worst case scenario as an outside mid/tagger.

There's just way too much power and speed there for him to not find some success as a mid

I really like the idea of a tagger of sorts going forward . Beau would be ideal for that but if anything, I'd like to see Beau forward and swapping with JDG , when required. I just don't know if permanent midfield would be in the clubs thinking, when he's so important up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back