List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy pies got the first domino outta the way, even though i think we overpaid, now can start scraping the bottom the barrel for a couple players
I just read a stat that Perryman kept Lachie Neale to a single possession in the final quarter of the semi final when the game was up for grabs.
And we didn’t part with a single draft pick to bring him in.

I am a fan of Kane, but he is way off with this one. Perryman will be asked to play a variety of roles and none of them will be to replicate Nick Daicos. You don't measure someone's value by getting 35 touches and kicking 3 goals a game. The money is irrelevant, in today's world that is what you do to get the player you want and need.
Spot on.
We don’t have picks so we paid what the market dictated to beat other clubs to his signature.
Well done Collingwood.

I still maintain Cornes is one of the only few worth listening too in AFL media circles. But it’s astonishing how much he’s got this one wrong, and seemingly doesn’t understand the system

Although, he does operate on content which is why he’s so handsomely paid and sought after
Cornes is bang on though.

The contract will have Perryman paid in our top 5 alongside Moore, Daicos x2 and JDG, but he’ll sit 11-20 on our list. You’ve then got the likes of IQ, Maynard, Hill and Cameron who are all $1m players on the basis of Perryman’s contract. All of a sudden you go from having room to attract players as veterans depart to being focused on retention.

Meantime some supporters are in lalaland believing the entire media is in on the lie of Perryman’s contract size. It’s a band 2 contract and certain posters amongst us will look rather silly when that FA compensation drops…

The contract will have Perryman paid in our top 5 alongside Moore, Daicos x2 and JDG, but he’ll sit 11-20 on our list. You’ve then got the likes of IQ, Maynard, Hill and Cameron who are all $1m players on the basis of Perryman’s contract. All of a sudden you go from having room to attract players as veterans depart to being focused on retention.

Meantime some supporters are in lalaland believing the entire media is in on the lie of Perryman’s contract size. It’s a band 2 contract and certain posters amongst us will look rather silly when that FA compensation drops…
Still better than paying Pick 10 and a second rounder for Schultz to sit in that 11-20 range.

Salary cap is something we'll have an abundance of given the demographic of our list. Top 10 picks not so much.

McStay and Perryman are two very nice trade free additions. I really hope we continue down this path. LDU next year, I will talk it into existence.

We haven’t taken advantage of FA much previously

We simply HAVE to be going hard at LDU next year

The club would be negligent in their duty if they're not in his ear from right now

Adding McGuane and LDU next year to Daicos, De Goey, Perryman, Beau, Allan and potentially still Mitchell? Chefs kiss

He won’t be Top 5 when the Cap surges by 25% and salaries rise for other players.

Somewhat surprised by the amount of teams with interest in Peatling.

When I learned of our interest I just assumed it's because we had a role for him and he'd be a best 22 player, but at the same time he wouldn't cost much, ie nothing more than a second rounder at worst... maybe even an early third.

But if he did choose us I'd be intrigued to know whether the amount of other interest has boosted his price as far as GWS are concerned?

The club would be negligent in their duty if they're not in his ear from right now

Adding McGuane and LDU next year to Daicos, De Goey, Perryman, Beau, Allan and potentially still Mitchell? Chefs kiss
I like your way of thinking. But who’s going to kick our goals?! Jk!! 😜 we do need a true forward/better forward line set up though. Yes. I know we just won a flag with our makeshift forward line 😬

As a bonus, He would fill the token ginger role
Honey-Ginger-Swiss-Roll-1200-1.jpg

Cornes hasn’t got a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm salivating at the prospect of what our team could end up looking like over the next couple of years. I would say "can you smell what the Pies are cooking" - but I feel sick at the thought of using Carlol as inspiration for anything. :sick:

2 questions.

1. What salary are you taking Perryman to be on? I've read reports of salaries ranging almost $200k.

2. Who are the 10 above him? Not to derail the thread, but I think he is probably into our top 10, assuming declines from some.

I'm salivating at the prospect of what our team could end up looking like over the next couple of years. I would say "can you smell what the Pies are cooking" - but I feel sick at the thought of using Carlol as inspiration for anything. :sick:
Think of it not as inspiration, but hilarious derision

Still better than paying Pick 10 and a second rounder for Schultz to sit in that 11-20 range.

Salary cap is something we'll have an abundance of given the demographic of our list. Top 10 picks not so much.
Salary cap space is the greatest commodity in the game so I don’t agree. That pick 10 and Simpson may do nothing whereas Shoota is going to give us 120-150 matches on a contract that matches his list standing.

Ultimately you won’t be able to have your cake and eat it to in the form of Perryman’s signature leading to 5-10 list ranked players demanding increases and then going to market on the likes of LDU or King. Those veteran savings will get chewed up very quickly.

Salary cap space is the greatest commodity in the game so I don’t agree. That pick 10 and Simpson may do nothing whereas Shoota is going to give us 120-150 matches on a contract that matches his list standing.

Ultimately you won’t be able to have your cake and eat it to in the form of Perryman’s signature leading to 5-10 list ranked players demanding increases and then going to market on the likes of LDU or King. Those veteran savings will get chewed up very quickly.
this times infinity +1.

Why everyone continually focuses on picks when ultimately its cap space that dictates what you can do is beyond me.

I’m not sure I agree completely with your second paragraph. It could be bang on but it would be dependant on how we structure our FA offer contracts vs player retention contracts. As an example I’d say it’s likely all our top paid players are likely on contracts that rise incrementally in line with the CBA. I can’t imagine we’d be offering Perryman the numbers being reported in addition to CBA increases too, so in 2-3 years his contract suddenly becomes far more reasonable and palatable to other players who’ve had this explained to them.

If course this is just hypothetical because none of us actually know the numbers or the details.

I like your way of thinking. But who’s going to kick our goals?! Jk!! 😜 we do need a true forward/better forward line set up though. Yes. I know we just won a flag with our makeshift forward line 😬

I've said we should be going for Lord

Kid is only 23 and when actually given the opportunity in a final he kicked 4

Add him to a forward line with a fit McStay and Checkers and it's fine for 2025

Cooney and his off-sider from Armchair Experts are absolutely clueless

Horrible to listen to

It's like they're trying to be shock jocks with the shit they talk, but instead of being actually shocking stuff, they're just saying dumb shit that only sounds shocking to other dumb dumbs

Cooney and his off-sider from Armchair Experts are absolutely clueless

Horrible to listen to

It's like they're trying to be shock jocks with the shit they talk, but instead of being actually shocking stuff, they're just saying dumb shit that only sounds shocking to other dumb dumbs
A uniquely useless contribution to a market already heavily saturated with useless contributors

I just read a stat that Perryman kept Lachie Neale to a single possession in the final quarter of the semi final when the game was up for grabs.
And we didn’t part with a single draft pick to bring him in.

That’s it. He was a first-round pick when drafted, has developed and has attributes we value. Bust potential is considerably less than when drafted.

How much would people here be prepared to pay as an annual salary to “buy” another first-round pick?

I've said we should be going for Lord

Kid is only 23 and when actually given the opportunity in a final he kicked 4

Add him to a forward line with a fit McStay and Checkers and it's fine for 2025
I’m always skeptical of these sorts of judgements based of a tiny sample. “Oh but it was a final!” You say.

Remember in 2018 when Weideman had an outstanding finals series, kicked 3 goals and took 7 marks against Geelong in the first final iirc, then was handed a 5 year $600k (big at the time) contract off the back of it?

How did that go?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back