List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Big yes to Fiorini from me

Fiorini > Bytel, Sullivan and probably Macrae… (but prepared to give the kid one more year before I call it on Macrae)

Ready made. Good age bracket. Left footer.

Can play multiple roles… inside or outside running

Plays mostly outside at the Suns. Hard to get midfield time at the suns… they have a strong midfield and kids coming through

But when Fiorini played predominantly centre mid in 2019 his stats were good in terms of tackles and clearances

Will cost next to nothing. Only 1 year left on his current deal

But having him on the list in the place of others makes us better

Pies had interest last year but didn’t get done as other deals took priority.

I can see Fiorini being a part of a deal pies and suns make over Noble or pick 12

Last edited:
Its not the mids that concern me.

It's the fact we fundamentally do not like players that can only play mid.
Players that can only play Mid won't play often for us.

The only one in our mid rotation that is really a 'mid only' is Titch.

Everyone else MUST play a secondary position and role....and do it well.
Bringing in someone like Kennedy is backup to Titch only, unless they can play another position.
If he's leaving Blues because they won't play him full Mid.....then it ain't happening with us.

It's what served us so well in 2023.
It's an inside outside role. How many decent mids don't have a good enough outside game to be good flankers?

Fiorini > Bytel, Sullivan and probably Macrae… (but prepared to give the kid one more year before I call it on Macrae)

Ready made. Good age bracket. Can play multiple roles… inside or outside running

Hard to get midfield time at the suns… they have a strong midfield and kids coming through

I can see Fiorini being a part of a deal pies and suns make over Noble or pick 12
For me, he's one you take in ssp if available if you have a spot for a mid.

Ready made. Good age bracket. Can play multiple roles… inside or outside running

Hard to get midfield time at the suns… they have a strong midfield and kids coming through

Don’t want anything diluting what we might get for Noble. If we want Fiorini, keep it separate.

Personally, I’d prefer we didn’t chase him. “Better” than Long, Bytel, and Sulli isn’t much of a consideration if we’re clogging the list spots with depth and denying ourselves draft opportunity.

Last edited:
Don’t want anything diluting what we might get for Noble. If we want Fiorini, keep it separate.

Personally, I’d prefer we didn’t chase him. “Better” than Long, Bytel, and Sulli isn’t much of a consideration if we’re clogging list spots with depth and denying ourselves draft opportunity.
Agreed - he hasn't really made strides over the last couple of years, and I wouldn't want to suggest that we value him to any degree that would impact Noble's value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I’d prefer we didn’t chase him. “Better” than Long, Bytel, and Sulli isn’t much of a consideration if we’re clogging list spots with depth and denying ourselves draft opportunity.
Yep I’d rather delist two of those three and open up to wider draft opportunities and DFAs

Of the three I’d hang on to Long. Bytel too vanilla and Sullivan too small.

Ready made. Good age bracket. Left footer.

Can play multiple roles… inside or outside running

Plays mostly outside at the Suns. Hard to get midfield time at the suns… they have a strong midfield and kids coming through

But when Fiorini played predominantly centre mid in 2019 his stats were good in terms of tackles and clearances

Agree with this

And we always get injuries so more midfield depth the better

Fair enough about not dilluting a noble trade

Better than Bytel, Sullivan, Macrae… still makes the list better

List spots have to be filled. If it’s an experienced Fiorini for cheap or an 18 year old kid with pick 50

… I know what I prefer

For me it’s another Lipinski like situation… remember the who-ha over taking him? He was a dud, we’re over paying etc etc

Likewise Fiorini not getting a regular game in a good midfield so wants to leave and possibly also just get back to Victoria

So long as the deal is right… it’s a no brainer to take him given he’s versatility and ready to go in 2025 when the club is chasing a flag 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back