List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with those three is that they're all offensive mids - they run ahead of the ball and can get caught on the wrong side of centre if the clearance goes the other way.
You need a balance - some one covering the defensive side of the centre circle.
That said, I'd be happy to get any or all of the three!
It's an issue we've run into with Nick, Jordy & Crisp playing in the middle at the same time too. All really aggressive. Have to be countered by Pendlebury (in this stage of his career), Titch or Sidey who have a bit more accountability, thrust upon them by getting slow and old.

Perryman should be able to fit that role well I think.

are we wanting to field 23 midfielders next season šŸ˜‚. A fit Mitchell and Degoey, adding perryman. Thereā€™s 3 mids weā€™ve already added. Allan looking likely makes 4.

Weā€™ve got other holes.
I think there's some collective trauma over fielding Sullivan, Long & Bytel so much!

Genuinely intrigued at what Peatling will be traded for, because with the interest from multiple clubs, the deal heā€™s been offered, and the fact that GWS fought so hard to retain him in donā€™t think heā€™ll be the bargain buy he was originally made out to be. GWS will be pushing hard for pick 25 at a minimum youā€™d think.

Harsh on Kennedy I feel. When Crazy Vossy has played him as a full time mid he's had some of his best games. If we did get him we'd play him as a mid and not a half forward
yep exactly right.

-> he's way ahead of the vfl crew (bytel, long, sully, mcrae)
-> question marks remain re Mitchell's durability
-> Pendles + Sidey likely retiring end of 2025
-> Crisp likely sliding back to HBF to cover Noble's running role
-> JDG coming off OP might be used more sparingly on-ball
+> Allan showing something but still a way off being best 23
+> Perryman coming on board can transition into Pendles' defensive mid role

definitely room for a Kennedy type if he's available on the cheap (bigger body, durable, experienced, hits scoreboard when spends time up forward. could swap mid/forward role with JDG

I agree with you, but also think how good do you have to be on the inside if you haven't got an outside game that makes you a decent flanker? There just aren't many blokes who are good enough on the inside to justify not offering much else.
Pretty bloody good is my answer.
Which is why we see so many of our players training in multiple roles.

We don't really have many players outside of KP that can't fill multiple roles very well.
It's actually what makes us have some level of depth, when on paper we really don't have any!!!

i'm keen to keep the one paced mids to a minimum and use others to fill that role if we run out of options during the season.

Happy to agree to disagree on Fiorini. If we have list spots available after the draft you look to those types of players (yes I know heā€™s contracted and only available via trade), not in trades. Iā€™d personally rather we throw another contract at McInnes now than trade for Fiorini if weā€™re just going to waste the list spot.

I also hope they keep McInness.

But thereā€™s plenty room for him, perryman and say a Fiorini and/or a tall defender on the senior list

Especially as Noble and possibly Richards to leave

Krueger without a deal yet

Senior/rookie list just gets restructured to suit desired mix

Easy to do considering Begg and Carmichael already gone from rookie list

And Dean, Bytel, Sullivan (and possibly Eyre and Long out of contract too)

Harry O reckons he's already been delisted but not announced yet
My 6 year old son spends a lot of time on the AFL and Collingwood apps (trying to learn player names and numbers), he asked me today why Ned Long had been removed from our squad on both apps, and I looked and he had. He was back on there this afternoon though. May be nothing, but found it strange.

The question is whether or not he'll accept that. I'm not completely against it but I think he'll just be depth. Does he see himself getting a game every week?

Who knows. The move could be about him getting back to Victoria, and getting the extra 1-2 years on the contract

as much as it is about weekly football

If pies donā€™t take him Iā€™m certain someone does providing heā€™s not asking too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are we wanting to field 23 midfielders next season šŸ˜‚. A fit Mitchell and Degoey, adding perryman. Thereā€™s 3 mids weā€™ve already added. Allan looking likely makes 4.

Weā€™ve got other holes.
Think people want us to have good enough mids so that the likes of bytel,long and sullivan don't play in the side again.

yep exactly right.

-> he's way ahead of the vfl crew (bytel, long, sully, mcrae)
-> question marks remain re Mitchell's durability
-> Pendles + Sidey likely retiring end of 2025
-> Crisp likely sliding back to HBF to cover Noble's running role
-> JDG coming off OP might be used more sparingly on-ball
+> Allan showing something but still a way off being best 23
+> Perryman coming on board can transition into Pendles' defensive mid role

definitely room for a Kennedy type if he's available on the cheap (bigger body, durable, experienced, hits scoreboard when spends time up forward. could swap mid/forward role with JDG
I like Kennedy too - think he's better placed as a 50/50 with Mitchell as an extractor - could share minutes with JDG when we're in Presti Mode and leave JDG for a mid role when we're in Rocca mode

I think Parker would be more likely to be looked at further up the field than IQ
Yep agree. To me IQ is a real defender who is strong in the air and part of how we set up behind the ball - like Howe, Moore, Bruzzy and hopefully someone we can add. Parker like Noble or mids when they play there are really just runners starting in defence.

My 6 year old son spends a lot of time on the AFL and Collingwood apps (trying to learn player names and numbers), he asked me today why Ned Long had been removed from our squad on both apps, and I looked and he had. He was back on there this afternoon though. May be nothing, but found it strange.
My six year old is obsessed too! Itā€™s early days yet, but I think he might be more Bruce Mcavaney and less Nathan Buckley skills wise

One of our contenders for next season have been absolutely pillaged.
Theyā€™ve lost 3 players in their best 23 and have nothing really coming in the other way that will make an immediate impact.

Especially when they offered pretty much similar type deals to all of them and they still departed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back