List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We might as well go for Sam Weideman then if we're after average KPF depth. At least he has a nicer name. Didn't Weideman have a good final once?

Hey, I suggested we go for him last year lol (or might have been the year before)

But I'm always glass half full on possible players to bring in.

But that comes from a place of backing our environment to bring the best out of these guys combined with potentially these players being excited about playing in front of massive crowds and "event" matches each week

It’s pretty bad when the media refers to someone as an ‘injury prone player’.They’re not usually so blunt in describing players,so he must have a lot of issues for them to describe him that way.

When Hayes gets a run at it. He has an impact at AFL level. We genuinely look better with him in the side.

Unfortunately it seems wearing our jumper is the equivalent of Jack walking under a ladder having seen a black cat and simultaneously dropping a mirror.

If you got him right. He would be best 22.

Hayes is quality, shame he hasn’t got his body right. Smart footballer who would be an upgrade on Cox IMO.

This is why I brought up the idea of looking at him last week

My memory of him was that he was injury riddled but mostly pretty good on the rare occasion he did actually play

Yes, the obvious go to is his debut. But his debut wasn't one of those "out of his ass" Amartey 9 goal games where you can tell he's no good but everything fell for him that night.

His debut was a clear indicator of his potential as he worked hard that night and created his own luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Hayes gets a run at it. He has an impact at AFL level. We genuinely look better with him in the side.

Unfortunately it seems wearing our jumper is the equivalent of Jack walking under a ladder having seen a black cat and simultaneously dropping a mirror.

If you got him right. He would be best 22.
Last season we had poor luck with Injuries

Agree IF he is Fit he looks good at AFL Level

I personally think that spells the end of Ash Johnson at the club. I would still keep Kruger as we need insurance for hayes,checkers and mcstay. If Ash Johnson is still under contract, I would be very surprised if we don't look to move him on.
virtually no upside on Kreuger, makes AJ's contract status the saving grace, and if he gets back to his best it we'll all forget about Kreugs.

A fit Hayes>>>>>>> than Kreuger.
And they're both likely to be injured at any given time so the hypothetical nature of their health is a wash.

In the highlights of his game against us, two things stood out: He got multiple free kicks in the ruck against Grundy, which is hardly difficult to do, and pretty much standard for anyone rucking against Brodie, and he took a bunch of marks while being defended by Jack Madgen, which again, isn't exactly hard to do.

So I'm not sure I'm massively convinced of that game being incredible evidence of his quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back