List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So is it likely to be one of Tomlinson or Hayes? Do they have to go on main list or could they be rookie listed?

Hayes appears to have the better upside - the commentators were super excited in his debut game. Clearly it's a small sample size - only 6 completed games. An older and probably better back up than Kreuger but the risk with injury is just as great.

Definitely not the forward I envisaged but at least the club are pro active.

So is it likely to be one of Tomlinson or Hayes? Do they have to go on main list or could they be rookie listed?

Hayes appears to have the better upside - the commentators were super excited in his debut game. Clearly it's a small sample size - only 6 completed games. An older and probably better back up than Kreuger but the risk with injury is just as great.

Depends IF there Teams offer them a New Contract or Not

Especially as Hardwick, Fly and Leppa are all good friends. Noble exactly the type of player they need. It will happen
Spot on FJ. Its like the first 5 minutes of Home and Away this week, nothing is going to happen. Next week is when Alf will blow up the diner and Houston will be a Pie

Unless they think that drafting a couple of 18 year olds with middle of the first round picks is actually going to keep us up, their argument seems to be: drop down Pies, don't try to stay up.

Personally though, I think they're just getting clicks.
On a superficial pass what they're saying is correct. We have old players and not many under 21. There's a risk at some point topping up fails and we drop off. Though the point that we are signing medium to long term options, not short, is important.

The alternative, as you say, is to retire and trade out players and drop down the ladder for a few years, hitting the draft. Their criticism, I guess, is that we're delaying this process. The question to ask there is whether we are a realistic flag chance in 2025? Just like before 2023 when the media (and I) had similar concerns. The strategy is only a problem if we're not.

The level to which we are throwing away picks and relying on trading in older players is also exaggerated. We are taking players in the draft, it's just that we had some that did not yield many players or players that ended up leaving (Henry, Ginnivan, Richards).

Don't think it's a case of one or the other. We need another Key back.

This is the stuff of fantasy. GC potentially threatening to let Dan Houston decide whether they recruit John Noble as a tactic 😂
Why would Gold Coast wait until Houston decides to nominate a club before they deal with said club for their pick 13?

GC should do what is in the best interests for them, not anyone else and should definitely not give a shit about what happens to pick 13 after they trade it on.

Ralph is spewing BS out of his ass!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Gold Coast wait until Houston decides to nominate a club before they deal with said club for their pick 13?

GC should do what is in the best interests for them, not anyone else and should definitely not give a shit about what happens to pick 13 after they trade it on.

Ralph is spewing BS out of his ass!
And out of his mouth all over his keyboard as usual

Nothing to suggest it won’t/cant be both tbh.

Maybe it’s my naivety but does it really matter what half the gutter trash journos type and put out there? Especially in club land?

How much weight do we put on that Gold Coast wanting to be a destination club, sure it might only be one instance but I wouldn’t want to be getting a reputation of getting a contracted player public say he wants to go and then you can’t close the deal because you want a slightly better draft pick you probably won’t even use..
It doesn't matter in the slightest. It's embarrassing how much people in here think there's a media agenda against Collingwood. Media is all about cash and clicks. It's why they update/tweet and write articles every day. They have no news so they clickbaiting everyone and people fall for it every year.

If the Pies can get hold of 13 from the Suns, then we have a good shot at Houston (All Aust quality in prime), and if we cant get a deal done for Houston we should be pitching hard at Bailey Smith....13 would give us an edge and Smith could be a starting mid and difference maker at the pies ....arguably a greater positional need than Houston......but either way both top quality players that would significantly improve our list.....with fall back is take 13 to the draft
Smith only gets to Collingwood if we draft him with that pick and I don’t think we ever hold it because it goes to Port before even coming to us. Ultimately I think we value replacing Noble off half back more highly than what Smith offers. With the way the game and our group has gone the last few years I’m fine with that.

How hard is it haha

Our future first & noble for gc 13 and 23 we do have that pick 35 as well if we need
13 and Richards for Houston
Future 1st port to Gold Coast for lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back