List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember a trade conversation this weird.

Normally a player nominates a club so it takes away the debate but what on earth is this?

Is it Carlton taking "Houston will happily play for Carlton next year if that's the way it falls" as "Houston wants to play for the Blues" or something?

Not sure of the logic of GC waiting to see who lands Houston before trading pick 13.

Maybe it's like this: they want to trade pick 13 to whoever is getting Houston because they know they'd be desperate and can extract the best deal. That's all I've got.

Edit: will add that maybe they want to do the deal together with Lukosius.

Last edited:
The issue they have is if Huston doesn't want to come to pies were forced to hold onto noble

I doubt we do that

Noble requested the trade before Houston was even on the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally a player nominates a club so it takes away the debate but what on earth is this?

Is it Carlton taking "Houston will happily play for Carlton next year if that's the way it falls" as "Houston wants to play for the Blues" or something?
I don’t believe a word they are saying. The only thing the suns care about is the best value for pick 13. They don’t care who Houston nominates 😂

I’m not fluid in Ralph, but the suggestion of getting Noble for 23 screams GC. It could be coming from Connors Sports, but I doubt they’d feed information on a competitors client.

People getting way to worked up over the media.

They are just like us with opinions that we listen to.

They have absolutely no bearing on the trades.

People getting way to worked up over the media.

They are just like us with opinions that we listen to.

They have absolutely no bearing on the trades.
That tweet from Ralph isn’t opinion it’s come from someone involved in some way and been fed to him deliberately.

I don’t believe a word they are saying. The only thing the suns care about is the best value for pick 13. They don’t care who Houston nominates 😂

Yeah, but if we've said "Trade us 13 or we keep Noble" of course they can call our bluff but they risk ruining a strong trading relationships for no reason whatsoever.

Our offer is similar to Carlton's, but the Suns are desperate for players. And players quite frankly don't often choose to go there by choice. Noble is one of those.

I think the real story in this whole thing is that there's potential the Suns will become actively involved in the Houston trade to dish off Lukosius for fair value. Leppa even said yesterday that GCS could maybe end up involved in any Houston trade.

Agree. But my guess is that its because Collingwood, Port and GC will sit together and nut out a complex 3 way deal that involves Houston, Richards, Noble, Lukosious and picks which will take time to put together.

Dont think it will be individual trades between the parties.
Honestly I don’t understand why the 3 clubs didn’t all sit down together from day 1. A 3 way deal is the most obvious way to satisfy all clubs with fair outcomes.

Wouldn't that require a backflip from Carlton regarding their R1 pick. Until that happens, they are out of it as far as I can tell.

How hard is it haha

Our future first & noble for gc 13 and 23 we do have that pick 35 as well if we need
13 and Richards for Houston
Future 1st port to Gold Coast for lukosius
Needs to be a bit of posturing. Collingwood give Gold Coast Noble, F1 and 36 and get back from Gold Coast: 13, 23 and 29. Pick 13, 23 or 29 and Richards . Does that leave us enough for McGuane next year? Hopefully we can get a future 2nd or third back somewhere along the lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back