List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s a mistake for Leppa to be sharing his thoughts so openly in the media. He’s highlighting our deal-making weak spots and highlighting GC’s position of strength. He should keep his cards closer to his chest rather than showing his hand to everyone.

I’d now put the probability of us landing Houston down to about 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you think that Leppa and Collingwood are not making these statements publicly on purpose and for a strategic reason, then that’s the mistake.

What about the other
I think we'll definitely get Houston.

The only worry at this stage is getting shafted to a certain extent, and not having any picks left over afterwards.

If that happens, it'll go against what we've been expecting all week. But if you consider the Perryman acquisition without draft picks, it could still be seen as a win.
I hope your right, I knew it, that those flogs would look for another pick to stitch us up.
And with the help of my second most hated team Hawthorn.
If this falls through I think I’ll literally vomit.
The fact Dan hasn’t nominated a club either means his credibility won’t be damaged wherever he goes.

1. I’m not writing off Schultz, I really like him.
Please don’t infer judgements I make of players.
You may not agree, but I think we could and should have still got him without 2024 1st

2. Pick 10 will still get the player available whether it’s 13 / 15 / 100
We never had access to the players that push it back so it’s still has same value

3. It’s not hindsight
I’m not talking about 2021
Go back to 2023 thread and read my posts from pg590 onwards
They discuss how our 2024 first may be low bc of injuries (guess what happened?!) and state that what happens if a top line player becomes available and we need that first

Anyway, I didn’t want to go into this much depth (again) I simply stated that our stance last year should have been the one we’re taking this year.
Feel free to think otherwise.
How would we have got him in 2024? Here's what his manager said:
"Dover said Fremantle over the last 12 months had been aware of Schultz’s desire to get back Victoria due to personal reasons — reasons he wasn’t willing to disclose — with the goalkicking forward originally from Moama."

The Magpies recruit’s manager also revealed they’d had discussions with “four or five” other clubs plus inquires from two non-Victorian sides that had interest in Schultz during the season."

I understand people coming up with future trade scenarios but this is just revisionism. We were never getting Schultz without trading our future first.

Can't someone hack Carlton's list management spreadsheet?

Stick a virus in it so when they do their calcs it gives false, confusing sh$te for 3 days When they run a virus checker thing - that's it - the spreadsheet morphs into a........

Anthony Anderson Food GIF by ABC Network

except our draft recruiters rarely target KP Players .....last one I recall as a first pick was McLarty? ....and we have looked past quite a few that were recognised as good (and when we were in need - Naughton is a great example when we preferred Stephenson (6) over Naughton (9) and Fogarty (12) ....
We have reached the point where we can no longer ignore that. There aren't any good FA coming up, defenders taken with rookie picks are generally nothing more than backups, rarely do you find adequate kpd in later rounds, trading for a decent kpd is expensive.

We need a quality kpd to come in and start developing, and this draft offers that opportunity.

If what I've heard is correct, we have a plan for pick 23, it involves getting a mid 1st rounder, everyone will be pissed, I know I am. Can't say anything more but that's why we want pick 23.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lol what do you mean everyone will be pissed?

No. Not a play for Houston they’re saying. They want to take them to the draft
I'd be shocked if Carlton are not targeting Houston with that pick.....given they now have 12 and 14 they have the upper hand (over a prospective 13) - and they have a couple of handy players who they could throw into the mix in Owies, Kennedy, and Young....

I thought I heard Leppa say early in the week that he was confident about us acquiring Houston. That sounded as if he was over the line, at least in his estimation. I just find it highly unusual for people in his position to voice their opinion on the chances of getting a player so early in the trade period. It can also look very bad if the trade fails to eventuate.
To be fair, he was asked directly: "Are you confident?"
Still think it gets done once the dust (& bullshit) settles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know the Blues don’t have the capital to get it done unless they put both their first rounders on the table which ain’t happening.

We will text Port’s resolve and that it Dan’s in the event he has to suit up for Port again next season or if he’s happy to go to North Melbourne worst case.

I can’t believe this is the same Justin Leppitsch who was coach of Brisbane all those years ago in those trade sagas.

I'd be shocked if Carlton are not targeting Houston with that pick.....given they now have 12 and 14 they have the upper hand (over a prospective 13) - and they have a couple of handy players who they could throw into the mix in Owies, Kennedy, and Young....
A player will be involved but that's all I can say as it might not happen, the credibility of source and all.

If what I've heard is correct, we have a plan for pick 23, it involves getting a mid 1st rounder, everyone will be pissed, I know I am. Can't say anything more but that's why we want pick 23.

Mid first rounder from pick 23? Wouldn't that be a good thing. Moving up the order.

I think it’s a mistake for Leppa to be sharing his thoughts so openly in the media. He’s highlighting our deal-making weak spots and highlighting GC’s position of strength. He should keep his cards closer to his chest rather than showing his hand to everyone.

I’d now put the probability of us landing Houston down to about 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Which thoughts bothered you?

Houston is a far better option than the gamble of those 2 picks imho.

However, each to their own, and I am not attacking your opinion just to clarify.
Yep you are taking a star and one of the most lethal kicks in the game every day of the week.
In previous years we have burnt so many early picks and still won a flag.
This was all due to savvy trading.
If need to pay overs, just bloody do it!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back