List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey didn't include Hawks in the teams vying for pick 13. If they were, are they trying to further screw Eagles? Trade out 14 (that Eagles wanted), do a deal for Barass, then bring in 13. Very sneaky if so. Don't see them in the run though.

He has it down to Saints, Pies, Swans, maybe Roos.

Not saying that. Use them to extract picks from other clubs.
13 23 and Richards probably won't satisfy port. Great if it does otherwise I reckon move on.
Trade JR and JN as stand alone trades keep a pick and try grab someone else
From all reports things would have to break down pretty bad for it to fall over

But they could have done the same without trading in and out - it will have resulted in them moving up 1 spot, but very likely that they wouldn't get the second deal with GC that they need to do it.

It's a hail Mary from them trying to get back into the 1st round.

A F1 and F2/33 wasn't ever going to be enough for GC to hand it over while their in discussions with us over it was it?

No.

So what the Hawks did was the next best thing available and lifted their stock of 2nd round picks from 2 to 3 (across 24/25) in the deal with Carlton while retaining 2 1st round selections.

If GC accepted their offer now sure they only get a one pick upgrade in the 1st round but they would still have two 2nd round selections left after completing it. I suspect one will then go in the deal for Barrass.

So they get pick 13 and would have gained an additional 2nd in the process.

They'd be laughing as it's win/win.

P.S- I don't see it happening anyway.

Our picks at this point start at 36.
Best we can do is 13 23 and Richards. If suns accept it. Would be great. But if I'm port I'm pulling a dees and saying your staying put.
I think Houston has a genuine reason to return to Vic. In which case they have to trade him if we offer a decent deal to not be pariahs amongst players and managers. Then you're ignoring how highly rated the depth of the draft is and thus how highly prized that pick 13 is, plus that end of first round pick 23.

We've just gotten really lucky. GC need to sell those picks and they also want Noble in and Lukosius off their books. So selling them to us really helps them as Port probably needs to trade Houston to get Lukosius in.

Even if it got it done?
Maynard as suggested is an extreme option but way overs imo plus everything else.
Going with the old boys and targeting Houston indicates chips in. So who's expendable from best 23?
I'd argue Maynard no.
Stop it.

From today's reported dealing my confidence in Houston being a Pie has increased. Pick 13 looking more likely to be ours, then the rest flowing from there.
Im at the same level I was Friday. Being married has taught me to just tune out of shit you don’t want to hear so all these pick swaps are white noise to me.

Suuuuuure Callum

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a hail Mary from them trying to get back into the 1st round.

A F1 and F2/33 wasn't ever going to be enough for GC to hand it over while their in discussions with us over it was it?

No.

So what the Hawks did was the next best thing available and lifted their stock of 2nd round picks from 2 to 3 (across 24/25) in the deal with Carlton while retaining 2 1st round selections.

If GC accepted their offer now sure they only get a one pick upgrade in the 1st round but they would still have two 2nd round selections left after completing it. I suspect one will then go in the deal for Barrass.

So they get pick 13 and would have gained an additional 2nd in the process.

They'd be laughing as it's win/win.

P.S- I don't see it happening anyway.
I'm missing something? Didn't they sell for the price they're now supposedly offering? So the net result won't be an extra 2nd round pick, it'll simply be 1 pick higher for this year's first rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back