List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to compare with the NFL, but NFL teams just get on with the trades. They don't f**k around, they don't waste time getting into d**k measuring contests, they are ruthless and efficient with trades. Wish we had that kind of mentality in the AFL.
NFL can trade for months and guess when the big flurry happens - deadline day.

NFL can trade for months and guess when the big flurry happens - deadline day.

In MLB players been Traded while they been Playing so have to sub off because of being Traded

Prepare yourselves for another 5 curveballs to come in this Houston story, as there hasn’t been enough already.

In all seriousness, there has to be some movement tomorrow, some type of news. Hopefully something positive.

We really should try do 13,23 for Noble F1 36 tomorrow.

Values 13 at the market rate of F1 and a second and Noble at 23.

I think Port will be able to get Lukosius and 29 for their future first - at worst throwing in 39 as well.

Leaving the Houston deal as the show stopper for the end with a lot of posturing. But ultimately 13,23 Richards for Houston and 29 is the balanced outcome.
Now get 'em all in a room together and don't let any of them out until the deal is signed!

Prepare yourselves for another 5 curveballs to come in this Houston story, as there hasn’t been enough already.

In all seriousness, there has to be some movement tomorrow, some type of news. Hopefully something positive.

Agree there has something made Official be made with at least 1 part of the Possible Houston Trade

Hopefully it's good news for us

All the North talk ignores that it’s incredibly unlikely Houston has any interest in spending the remainder of his career at North

At Collingwood he will know a Premiership is actually possible.

Assuming we get 13, the difference between what we offer and North won’t be enough to make Houston want to be miserable just to make Port a bit happier

“Sure guys, I’ll go to this nothing club that no one watches with meh facilities wallowing at the bottom of the ladder for the near future if it makes you happy”

I don’t buy it

North’s contract offer is a year shorter, too; 5 years vs 6 from us apparently.

They probably already know that we've done the deal for 13. I still reckon that that deal is done

This makes a lot of sense.

Kept off BF and this thread all weekend knowing there would be no result as yet. Skipped almost 2000 posts. Scrolled up a bit just to catch the last 20 or do posts.

Have I missed anything? Thanking in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This makes a lot of sense.

Kept off BF and this thread all weekend knowing there would be no result as yet. Skipped almost 2000 posts. Scrolled up a bit just to catch the last 20 or do posts.

Have I missed anything? Thanking in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You haven't missed anything except a few desperate journos, who have absolutely nothing to report on so far. It's so obvious that they are concentrating on us for their likes an views. when there's nothing to report, you go collingwood, it's all bullshit

Welcome Dan.
League Of Legends Reaction GIF by G2 Esports

What heavens sake are you talking about!
Geelong bent us over. simple. It's important to learn from our fudge ups and learn from them.
it should have been there pick 7 our there future first or let Henry nominate for the draft
Mitchell would have come to us even without the cats pick
Lost the battle, won the war

disagree cats just won the premieship we could have picked up Henry again before the cats . They would have cracked last minute mate
Mitchell would have gone to us without cats draft pick
Can’t agree re: Henry. The club managed the trade the best they could. In no world would we seriously have gone and redrafted Ollie with a prized first round pick - he didn’t want to play for us, we would have infuriated the managers of prospective targets, the AFLPA wouldn’t have been happy, the media would have cooked up a storm. Not enough benefit for a player who didn’t want to be with us.

And my unpopular opinion is I don’t hold anything against Geelong the way they went about getting Henry. They didn’t actively target Henry - he simply made himself available to them because his brother was there. They were right to prioritise Bruhn whom they headhunted from interstate. They would have targeted Henry eventually but I doubt they’d have minded if he re-signed with us for two years. It sucked for us but it was what it was.

Can’t agree re: Henry. The club managed the trade the best they could. In no world would we seriously have gone and redrafted Ollie with a prized first round pick - he didn’t want to play for us, we would have infuriated the managers of prospective targets, the AFLPA wouldn’t have been happy, the media would have cooked up a storm. Not enough benefit for a player who didn’t want to be with us.

And my unpopular opinion is I don’t hold anything against Geelong the way they went about getting Henry. They didn’t actively target Henry - he simply made himself available to them because his brother was there. They were right to prioritise Bruhn whom they headhunted from interstate. They would have targeted Henry eventually but I doubt they’d have minded if he re-signed with us for two years. It sucked for us but it was what it was.
I think they planned on using the time (if no deal was done) to convince him to stay an extra year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back