List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

From HS top 60

41. Kayle Gerryn - 199cm fwd/ruck
42. Adrian Cole - 194cm def (St Kilda NGA)
43. Tom Sims - 199cm fwd/ruck
44. Charlie Nicholls - 197cm fwd/def
45. Floyd Burmeister - 199cm ruck/fwd
46. Nathaniel Sulzberger - 187cm fwd/mid
47. Xavier Ivisic - 180cm fwd/mid
48. Joel Cochran - 194cm def (Sydney Academy)
49. Josh Dolan - 177cm fwd/mid5
50. Clancy Dennis - 195cm def
51. Lennox Hofmann - 190cm def (St Kilda NGA)
52. Lucas Camporeale - 184cm mid/def
53. Jasper Alger - 183cm fwd
54. Bailey Mckenzie - 191cm fwd
55. Riley Bice - 185cm def (mature ager)5
6. Malakai Champion - 172cm fwd (Eagles NGA)
57. Tyler Welsh - 191cm fwd (Adelaide F/S)
58. Sam Davidson - 191cm fwd (mature ager)
59. Sam Toner - 186cm fwd
60. Gabriel Stumpf - 196cm key fwd
I like S Toner.

To be fair, in this deal Port did the least good out of it

The tipping point probably being giving up their Future first? Not actually sure why they had to give that up

In the end, they were losing the best player being traded in this period. They were most likely never going to be happy with whatever deal was worked out

But I think giving up a Future 2nd to Gold Coast instead of first would have left them far less frustrated

This ended up being somewhat prophetic in the end lol

Surely doing this adjustment clinches it

To be fair, in this deal Port did the least good out of it

The tipping point probably being giving up their Future first? Not actually sure why they had to give that up

In the end, they were losing the best player being traded in this period. They were most likely never going to be happy with whatever deal was worked out

But I think giving up a Future 2nd to Gold Coast instead of first would have left them far less frustrated

Surely GC paying a good portion of Lukosis salary. Hard to understand why GC get a future first for him.

Well thank christ you're not our list manager.
I wasn't being serious, because your comment makes no sense

Would you trade for Schultz for a 2nd round pick? Yeah you would except the cumulative picks were a first and 2nd round pick.

Would you trade Houston for pick 36 .... who ****ing wouldn't except it's not pick 36. It's a Future first. Noble (value in the 20's), pick 36 and Richards (Value in the 30's).

Does the logic work there list manager?

GC have ****ed this deal by paying too much for Rioli.

How do you justify 6 and 23 for that hack, if Houston attracts 13, Richards and Atkins?

Port are justifiably asking why the best player moving clubs doesn’t result in the highest compensation coming back, and it’s all because Hardwick is trying to fellate his former club.

The biggest sticking point will be the 29 on offer and not 23 IMO.

Either that gets resolved or Port accept gaining Richards for basically free with 39 being retained by them.

Pick 29 is unders for Noble while I believe GC are fortunate to be receiving a F1 for a player on big money and one that deep down they don't really care about keeping. Is Atkins enough of a return in that transaction?

Only Port can decide that.

58 going to GC instead of us is about as much as I'd be willing to chip in to make either of the above happen.

How many times are we going to hear “Houston to Naicos”?

Can’t you all just foresee the laser like passes splitting defenders and Naicos putting on the afterburners as he arches his back running into goals?

I haven’t been this excited about an acquisition since we recruited Buckley. I know it’s not done yet, but positive manifestation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't being serious, because your comment makes no sense

Would you trade for Schultz for a 2nd round pick? Yeah you would except the cumulative picks were a first and 2nd round pick.

Would you trade Houston for pick 36 .... who ****ing wouldn't except it's not pick 36. It's a Future first. Noble (value in the 20's), pick 36 and Richards (Value in the 30's).

Does the logic work there list manager?
Trading a pick in the 20s and two picks in the 30s will barely upgrade a F1 to a top 10 pick this year. Look at Sydney willing to trade 19 and 21 for 13. Look at what Melbourne had to give up for Pick 9.

Houston is clearly worth a top 10 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest sticking point will be the 29 on offer and not 23 IMO.

Either that gets resolved or Port accept gaining Richards for basically free with 39 being retained by them.

Pick 29 is unders for Noble while I believe GC are fortunate to be receiving a F1 for a player on big money and one that deep down they don't really care about keeping. Is Atkins enough of a return in that transaction?

Only Port can decide that.

58 going to GC instead of us is about as much as I'd be willing to chip in to make either of the above happen.
Maybe GC send a F3 or something
We need three picks for the draft so we need something coming back.

That massive sinking feeling reading that Twomey tweet is proof that I was stoked with the previously reported deal.

I can't blame Port though. Hopefully Suns are committed enough to the trade they're happy enough to balance the draft picks heading Ports way.

How many times are we going to hear “Houston to Naicos”?

Can’t you all just foresee the laser like passes splitting defenders and Naicos putting on the afterburners as he arches his back running into goals?

I haven’t been this excited about an acquisition since we recruited Buckley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So uh…about that

GC have ****ed this deal by paying too much for Rioli.

How do you justify 6 and 23 for that hack, if Houston attracts 13, Richards and Atkins?

Port are justifiably asking why the best player moving clubs doesn’t result in the highest compensation coming back, and it’s all because Hardwick is trying to fellate his former club.
I’m not sure atkins is a plus for port, it’s basically another salary that GC get off their books

I'd be saying the same if I was Port whilst GC are still holding 23. Change 23 and 29. Still a great deal for GC and surely they don't need to hold onto 23 for the Rioli deal - unless GC were going to get Richmonds future 2nd - whih you'd ecpect to be a decent pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back