List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I am glad Port pulled out.

We are paying far too much for a 28 year old and are still going to likely have to trade into 2025 draft to get McGuane.

Richards to me is a F2 2nd rounders in the current system get dragged back but in the new system will likely be dragged forward particuarly if GC use 3 1sts to get their academy player.

13 and 29 for Noble and our F1 and 51/52

If North get 13.
25 and 29 for Noble and our F2.

Then if Hine sees someone he wants trade into draft with our F1.

Given GC are giving 6 and 23 for rioli they should really provide them later picks to meet Lombard.

The way PA and GC have acted I hope we score King and Butters as free agents in 2026

The way I see it only PA and GC can make the deal work from here. Only two probable options that make it possible is that GC relent and give 23 instead of 29 or they allow Port to retain 39 as payment for them handing over a F1 for Lukosius. Whether Atkins is still then involved I do not know but I"d be willing to forgo 58 to GC to make any deal happen. That's all he's worth anyway.

They need to make up minds by tomorrow.

If no deal is still struck we need to decide whether we value 13 or extracting best value for Noble more and we hold our F1.

I say this as it would seem we are only in the running for 13 if we provide our F1 and Noble for it. We receive nothing else back. I hope I'm wrong. Perhaps we receive 29 if we hand over 36.

So do you do that or do you retain F1 and 36 and give GC an ultimatum of 23 for Noble or 29 and 41?

For me this might be the better outcome and could still leave us with the capital to land Houston if Port are prepared to wait 12 months to put that 1st round pick to work.

The clubs can still work with salary cap space as an option.

GC contribute say $100k of Luko salary, where we contribute say $50k of Nobles salary. Type of thing.

Not saying we should. Just that it’s the only other way we contribute.

The more I think about it would actually provide PA with a better return by separating the deals. As of now we were only going to be left with 3 picks in the 50's so we trade PA F1, 29, 36, Richards for 58. Sure they haven't got 13 but they've got the F1 and have retained 39. That's better than the current deal. If we land 23 for Noble it improves it again and perhaps we get 39. If we got 29 and 41 we keep 41 and it improves our hand over our current standing. Port are now free to make a better deal on Lukosius. Honestly Port need to forget 13 and if we're prepared to end up in the exact place we are now with potential for better we do to. GC are playing everyone for fools! Wake up Port. Wake up Leppa.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't blame Port backing out until they get a better second pick...

Richmond is getting pick 6 and 23 for Rioli, when they don't really have better offers.

Richmond trying to fleece Hardwick, or Hardwick giving Richmond extra sweetener.

Should be Pick 6 for Rioli, and for goodwill give them a future second.

Port should be getting pick 23 and keep their 58.... Pies keeps pick 36.

I wonder exactly what Port want beyond what's on the table.
2 best 23 players & a depth player; as well as first & second round picks...

At a guess, to save face with their membership. To appear to have played hard ball and gotten the best they can. It may end up with some slightly improved picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back