List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahaha Kane making sure it doesn’t happen

Korn texting Port people yesterday, now publicly telling Port to get tough with Houston He would hate watching Houston running around in a Collingwood jumper should it happen.
Just to watch Korn squirm next season would be worth us getting Houston....🤣

Is anyone in the media actually on our side ? the negativity just reaches new levels as the days go by, I'm sure port bailed on the last offer due to the outrage from media and supporter base. If anyone else not named Collingwood did this deal it would of been done days ago.
Hopefully suns can just sweeten the picks up a little so port feel justified and it gets done, alot of credibility lost from this deal and pies aren't holding any of it. We've tried to get our players to where they want to go and even budged on our original plans of keeping a early pick, we can't do any more now besides encourage port to stop being flogs and release their player to where he wants to go.

I'm a bit out of the loop with a busy weekend but Owies is essentially Carlton's version of Ginnivan, albeit now cemented into their 22. Up there in their goal scorer tally, etc

And it looks like they might finish the trade period having traded a first, future first and Owies for pick 3?

Watch the Carlton Media Mafia give them an A+ for that haul 🤦
I see it as a lose lose. For Carlton it’s a lot to give up for your mate Finn and it feels like WC are sacrificing a lot to get a pick for Baker. Could you imagine Collingwood trading two mid 1sts for a guy that’s never played a game? It’s crazy.

It’s the perfect example of why the trade period is too short. Both clubs are only doing it because they can’t move players after Wednesday and it’s a pointless trade without the players.

I don't think it was a terrible deal for Port. But as I said yesterday they definitely got the least good part of the deal

It's only a couple of tweaks away from being as good as it can be under the circumstances.

Give them 23 instead of 29 and allow them to keep their Future First and offer their Future Second instead and it's about as good as it can get for all 3
How good or bad it is depends on how you rate Lukosius. I think they're nuts to have involved their future first in a deal for him.

Presently GC getting too much and Port getting too little. We’re really not the problem, despite the way it’s being reported.

Port giving GC a F2 instead of F1 for Lukosius (and taking on his wages bill) would balance up this triangular trade.

(But I doubt it happens.)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Port's Board pulling it is not a good look for the list management team and will not assist them in negotiating future deals. Clubs would have to wonder whether getting list manager to list manager agreement is a potential waste of time if the Port Board is going to come in over the top once a deal is agreed to.

Maybe it wouldn't make that much of a difference, but all things being equal, list managers would probably prefer to deal with teams where they know the list manager is going to be supported by their board.

I guess they only want that kid because he's the best WA prospect?

Carlton might well find at player at 3 who can make a difference next year and the next 10 but I don't really mind them putting all their hopes in 1 rather than spreading the load across 2 in a so called "super" draft.

I hope it backfires.
It's not the normal draft with a standout top few. There's supposedly about 8 guys in contention for pick 1. Bluebaggers obviously see a significant gap between what they'll get at 3 or 12, but WCE obviously don't. Time will tell.

Tired Monday GIF

Imagine being the number 3 pick right now? Whoever it is will be over the moon knowing they’re going to a contending Victorian club.

Is anyone in the media actually on our side ? the negativity just reaches new levels as the days go by, I'm sure port bailed on the last offer due to the outrage from media and supporter base. If anyone else not named Collingwood did this deal it would of been done days ago.
Hopefully suns can just sweeten the picks up a little so port feel justified and it gets done, alot of credibility lost from this deal and pies aren't holding any of it. We've tried to get our players to where they want to go and even budged on our original plans of keeping a early pick, we can't do any more now besides encourage port to stop being flogs and release their player to where he wants to go.

Pretty much the entire reporting quartet at The Age. That's about it. They're the only ones treating us with respect this trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A cautionary tale re pinning flag hopes on one player. Remember....

Brian Peake - Geelong

Chris Judd - Blose

Mike Richardson - Pies

Lance Franklin - Sydney

Gary Ablett Jnr - GC

Gary Ablett Snr - Geelong

Is anyone actually believing this? Bet the deal was done day two - anything to create drama and clicks for media.
Found it hard to believe any of it from the start and that’s why I wasn’t rocking back and forth in fetal postion last night. The clubs would have known that nothing was agreed to until they were all able to go away overnight and consult the relevant parties. You cant pull out of a deal that hasn’t been made. Nobody was shocked apart from those who believed the crap coming from the media.

Port are doing themselves no favours , offering a future 1st and all of luko salary.

The fact they accepted the deal should mean it’s a pick swap or small re tweak.
Future second in stead of future first or turn the 29 into 23 and should be all systems go.

A cautionary tale re pinning flag hopes on one player. Remember....

Brian Peake - Geelong

Chris Judd - Blose

Mike Richardson - Pies

Lance Franklin - Sydney

Gary Ablett Jnr - GC

Gary Ablett Snr - Geelong

I'm confident of our flag chances even without Houston. As long as we have a better injury run

Getting Houston just makes it all but assured for me

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back