List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston needs to declare Collingwood and that he has no interest going back to the teal power.

Yep that’d definitely speed things up.

GC and Port and us all want something in this deal, it’ll go through for sure.

My main point of interest is how long the media/ AFL manage to drag it out for - there’s so much about our game that’s orchestrated for the masses.

It’s an entertainment industry now.

**** I hate Richmond their parasitic products now running other teams.

Hardwick conflict of interest with his Richmond buddies giving them mighty overs.

Didn't know Rioli is a superstar... so good that Richmond bottom of the ladder.

What they are paying for Rioli is literal insanity

6 and 23 in a draft like this one is something you'd give up for literally one of the best players in the comp lol

That's actually the sort of price Houston should get. Not Rioli lol

I don’t think it’s open at all, if north was on the table the deal would be done.
I get that, just don’t understand why everyone else can come out and nominate their club of choice. Apart from Smith there is no bad blood in any of these moves, similar with Dan and I suspect that all these guys get to their club of choice.

Not saying Dan won’t get to us, just find it interesting the way it plays out when it’s Pies related.

The one player that we try and bring in doesn’t nominate us and it’s a circus.

Rioli - I want to play for GC
Baker- I want to play for WC
Smith- I want to play for Geelong
Luke Parker- I want to play for North
Bolton- I want to play for Fremantle
Peatling- I want to play for crows
Macrae- I want to play for Saints
ANB- I want to play for Crows
Noble- I want to play for GC
Luko- I want to play for Port

Etc etc

What they are paying for Rioli is literal insanity

6 and 23 in a draft like this one is something you'd give up for literally one of the best players in the comp lol

That's actually the sort of price Houston should get. Not Rioli lol
If Houston was 24 years old. Sure.

He's 28 so a bit of discount is required plus he asked out.

I would offer Pick 13 for Rioli. Maybe 17.

I think what’s irritating me the most out of all of this is how differently GC are treating the Noble and Rioli trades. They’re giving up the world for Rioli who’s a just slightly above average player but at the same time are treating Noble like some kind of steak knives to our F1 for pick 13. They chased him under contract and offered him a 4 year deal ffs, it makes me want to just retain Noble and call the whole thing off on principle.
Unfortunately Gold Coast have the leverage as we’re reliant on them to obtain the currency to get Houston. If we had the currency to land Houston without them we could extract better value for Noble.

We should have traded pick 13 and our future first to West Coast for pick 3. The Houston deal has been a waste of time and is too high a price to pay. Carlton were smart to move on and move up the draft board instead. This club continues to disappoint at this time of the year and is too tunnel visioned on spending big for established players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is Right

Port don’t want to trade Houston to us

Of course they don't. They never did

But that's not the point. For it to get to this point he clearly wants out more than they're letting on publicly.

My guess is that Port asked he not publicly nominate a Club or make it clear he really wants out while they work out a deal.

Yep that’d definitely speed things up.

GC and Port and us all want something in this deal, it’ll go through for sure.

My main point of interest is how long the media/ AFL manage to drag it out for - there’s so much about our game that’s orchestrated for the masses.

It’s an entertainment industry now.

Swoop, it’s been an entertainment industry for quite some time. They are just more obvious with their approach these days.

The game is almost dead for me. I’m hanging by a thread. Sick of the bull$h1t.

We better get this deal done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think it will get to the stage with the Houston camp will be so pissed at Port he will just play for North.

I honestly feel this is the angle they have taken, I mean for his camp to be told he was done and then backtrack 5 hours later would be creating such frustration for Dan he might get to the point where he says stuff you, I'm not coming back and will just go to North.

As I predicted on Sunday, Reports are that Houston is jack of it and wants it sorted out.
He would not be a happy person at the moment.
The original deal was pretty on point so just do the bloody thing.
No other club will do a deal that will benefit us - indeed likely to collaborate to stymie it

We should have traded pick 13 and our future first to West Coast for pick 3. The Houston deal has been a waste of time and is too high a price to pay. Carlton were smart to move on and move up the draft board instead. This club continues to disappoint at this time of the year and is too tunnel visioned on spending big for established players.
We don't have pick 13...

We were already giving too much - am I the only one not bothered by this anymore?

We always get reemed in these negotiations - happy to move on from Houston. If he comes out and nominates us - I will change my mind

I get that, just don’t understand why everyone else can come out and nominate their club of choice. Apart from Smith there is no bad blood in any of these moves, similar with Dan and I suspect that all these guys get to their club of choice.

Not saying Dan won’t get to us, just find it interesting the way it plays out when it’s Pies related.

The one player that we try and bring in doesn’t nominate us and it’s a circus.

Rioli - I want to play for GC
Baker- I want to play for WC
Smith- I want to play for Geelong
Luke Parker- I want to play for North
Bolton- I want to play for Fremantle
Peatling- I want to play for crows
Macrae- I want to play for Saints
ANB- I want to play for Crows
Noble- I want to play for GC
Luko- I want to play for Port

Etc etc

Agree. The only thing I can think of is that Port have said we will trade you for the best deal for us from a Vic club. If you nominate a club we will hold you to the contract. He has another 4 years to go. Port are trying to get the best possible deal before letting one of their best players go. As salty as I am, we would probably expect the same if it was one of our players going the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree. The only thing I can think of is that Port have said we will trade you for the best deal for us from a Vic club. If you nominate a club we will hold you to the contract. He has another 4 years to go. Port are trying to get the best possible deal before letting one of their best players go. Losing him makes them immediately weaker. As salty as I am, we would probably expect the same if it was one of our players going the other way.

We were already giving too much - am I the only one not bothered by this anymore?

We always get reemed in these negotiations - happy to move on from Houston. If he comes out and nominates us - I will change my mind
Nah for Houston what we were giving was about right, if not unders.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back