List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. The only thing I can think of is that Port have said we will trade you for the best deal for us from a Vic club. If you nominate a club we will hold you to the contract. He has another 4 years to go. Port are trying to get the best possible deal before letting one of their best players go. As salty as I am, we would probably expect the same if it was one of our players going the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why is this one different to the others… all the other clubs who have contracted players also still trying to get the best result for their club?

Yep that’d definitely speed things up.

GC and Port and us all want something in this deal, it’ll go through for sure.

My main point of interest is how long the media/ AFL manage to drag it out for - there’s so much about our game that’s orchestrated for the masses.

It’s an entertainment industry now.
I said this to a mate last night. Gil and the diversity hire think theyre running the WWE. Although the way some games were officiated last season, I thought I was watching just that

With every hour that goes by that this deal isn’t finalised, it gets more worrying. Ralph already suggesting ways North can get it done for Port. Need to get it done before something happens.

I think if the Houston deal falls through, we should be aiming for the following:

Noble + Pick 55 > GCS Pick 29 & 41

Then trade our future first to the highest bidder.......
If Houston falls through it will be (directly or not) down to GC stuffing around. So no Noble for them.

Kids Toddler GIF by Storyful

Buckle up TD.

Really think this is all just theatre

The AFL and all the commercial partners know the Houston deal is the one with all the eyes on it which frustratingly means it’s the one that’s going to artificially be pushed to the last day

Note how almost all the deals have been through their little drama period only to wind up being back on track or done?

This is our drama period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I think it will get to the stage with the Houston camp will be so pissed at Port he will just play for North.

I honestly feel this is the angle they have taken, I mean for his camp to be told he was done and then backtrack 5 hours later would be creating such frustration for Dan he might get to the point where he says stuff you, I'm not coming back and will just go to North.
He doesn’t want to play for North.

We should have traded pick 13 and our future first to West Coast for pick 3. The Houston deal has been a waste of time and is too high a price to pay. Carlton were smart to move on and move up the draft board instead. This club continues to disappoint at this time of the year and is too tunnel visioned on spending big for established players.
We don't have pick 13

Really think this is all just theatre

The AFL and all the commercial partners know the Houston deal is the one with all the eyes on it which frustratingly means it’s the one that’s going to artificially be pushed to the last day

Note how almost all the deals have been through their little drama period only to wind up being back on track or done?

This is our drama period
It’s not. Jason Cripps time at Port is now done because he doesn’t have the support of the board, Port have pissed off the biggest management group in the game and Dan Houston has a 6 year contract plus interstate move on pause. No one is making these life changing decisions on the basis of some theatre for us average Joe’s.

Port Adelaide are shitty club to deal like another poster said this is the Nick Stevens situation all over again
In this deal we lose big time.
Pies lose pick 13 ,23 ,36, 39 , our future first rounder plus noble and Richards
Pies gain Huston and pick 50 something big deal
Suns gain Noble and our future first
Port get lukosiuos pick 13,36, 39 in a super draft

i said this before this deal is fraught with danger i am going to start shouting now

HUSTON IS 2 TIME ALL AUSTRALIAN WAS A ROOKIE HE IS NOT A KPP PLAYER NOR A TOP MIDFIELDER JUST A GOOD HALF BACK FLANKER WE ARE PAYING BIG TIME PORT GET STUFFED LIKE I SAID BEFORE HUSTON COME OUT AND SAY YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR THE PIES OR GO TO NORF OR STAY AT PORT ADELAIDE !!!!!!!!1

tired of all this rubbish

One of the factors is that their fans are already disgruntled and this sort of deal does need to be ticked off by the board, because it impacts more than just the footy department. It's marketing and memberships as well. So if it is the board it probably is indirectly the fans turning down the deal.
If the PA board actually listened to its fans Hinkley would have been sacked years ago.

Port Adelaide are shitty club to deal like another poster said this is the Nick Stevens situation all over again
In this deal we lose big time.
Pies lose pick 13 ,23 ,36, 39 , our future first rounder plus noble and Richards
Pies gain Huston and pick 50 something big deal
Suns gain Noble and our future first
Port get lukosiuos pick 13,36, 39 in a super draft

i said this before this deal is fraught with danger i am going to start shouting now

HUSTON IS 2 TIME ALL AUSTRALIAN WAS A ROOKIE HE IS NOT A KPP PLAYER NOR A TOP MIDFIELDER JUST A GOOD HALF BACK FLANKER WE ARE PAYING BIG TIME PORT GET STUFFED LIKE I SAID BEFORE HUSTON COME OUT AND SAY YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR THE PIES OR GO TO NORF OR STAY AT PORT ADELAIDE !!!!!!!!1

tired of all this rubbish

Couldn't agree more - although we don't lose 13 and F1st - we give up one to get the other

GCS need Lukosius money off their books if they want Rioli and Noble and pay some of their star young mids soon.

and even lure a Tiger legend out of retirement.

instead there is a whole lot of chest beating going on.

And Port aren't much better.
The flipside being moving Houston clears room for the atrocious Lukocious contract.

It’s not. Jason Cripps time at Port is now done because he doesn’t have the support of the board, Port have pissed off the biggest management group in the game and Dan Houston has a 6 year contract plus interstate move on pause. No one is making these life changing decisions on the basis of some theatre for us average Joe’s.
You never know who is in cahoots with whom. Guess who was Paul Connors' caddy at this year's Portsea Pro-Am?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back