List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We just need to cut the slack and rebuild through draft & FA in 2025.

This year we need to pick up Fiorini, Stone, Peatling, Berry, Sinn.

We need to have a look at GWS key defenders. They have a few.
Even w those players, some aren’t FA, you may be giving up a second
If you give a second this year - we’re basically out of the draft. If you give up next years, then we only have our first to build from.
Are we better just draft / draft / draft?
How do we get more picks?

Even w those players, some aren’t FA, you may be giving up a second
If you give a second this year - we’re basically out of the draft. If you give up next years, then we only have our first to build from.
Are we better just draft / draft / draft?
How do we get more picks?

Is a pick 35 this year better than Fiorini, Stone, Peatling, Berry, Sinn?

Doubt it

Is a pick 35 this year better than Fiorini, Stone, Peatling, Berry, Sinn?

Doubt it
Good point, probs not

But I do think we’ve undervalued the draft over the past 10 years. Forget 1st fir a moment, the amount of 2nds we traded out is significant
I’d be holding our F2.
It might become the first pick if the second night and it would have value both as a player selection or to trade to a club looking to move up

So they say the last time we drafted a star was when we had a high pick? How thrilling. What great analysis
Drafting isn’t our issue. Picks are our issue.
We did a simply amazing job achieving what we did in 22/23. However, this was achieved on the back of brilliant selections at high picks (Pendles / Sidey / JDG / Nick), a great pick of Murphy at 38, then role players taken late-ish or rookies that play well with stars around them.
Even Stephenson nearly won us a flag (pick 6)

Look 2013 was mystifying for mine - Shaz , a mid-sized back without significant pace / weapons and then Freeman who seemed to have pace and nothing else - could kind of understand the Shaz pick, not Freeman - but Hine hit with so many other high picks he gets a mulligan.

So, the issue isn’t the flag we won / or the drafting - we did it without high picks in recent years, but we now realise why we needed those picks - to replace these aging stars so the role players still worked well
2x Treloar (prob ok but I think at the time he was 1st rounder + 2nd for where we were picking)
2x Beams
2x Grundy (missing out on these bc if contract - admin fault - not trade…but you see my point)
Pick 2 2021
Pick 6ish 2024
Imagine letting Hine have them and those players coming through under what we have

Brilliant trading by Wright in 2022 - but even though he paid what many thought slightly higher than what he should for the value of Bobby + Frampton at the time “he got the trade done”
But what is significant, these trades didn’t mortgage our future - no firsts / or even a first w unknown value

We have our flag, we should have players coming up underneath but we don’t - so now we need to take our pain and rebuild properly, hopefully before Tassie comes in.

Drafting isn’t our issue. Picks are our issue.
We did a simply amazing job achieving what we did in 22/23. However, this was achieved on the back of brilliant selections at high picks (Pendles / Sidey / JDG / Nick), a great pick of Murphy at 38, then role players taken late-ish or rookies that play well with stars around them.
Even Stephenson nearly won us a flag (pick 6)

Look 2013 was mystifying for mine - Shaz , a mid-sized back without significant pace / weapons and then Freeman who seemed to have pace and nothing else - could kind of understand the Shaz pick, not Freeman - but Hine hit with so many other high picks he gets a mulligan.

So, the issue isn’t the flag we won / or the drafting - we did it without high picks in recent years, but we now realise why we needed those picks - to replace these aging stars so the role players still worked well
2x Treloar (prob ok but I think at the time he was 1st rounder + 2nd for where we were picking)
2x Beams
2x Grundy (missing out on these bc if contract - admin fault - not trade…but you see my point)
Pick 2 2021
Pick 6ish 2024
Imagine letting Hine have them and those players coming through under what we have

Brilliant trading by Wright in 2022 - but even though he paid what many thought slightly higher than what he should for the value of Bobby + Frampton at the time “he got the trade done”
But what is significant, these trades didn’t mortgage our future - no firsts / or even a first w unknown value

We have our flag, we should have players coming up underneath but we don’t - so now we need to take our pain and rebuild properly, hopefully before Tassie comes in.
I agree 100% that picks are our issue schu. Hine rarely has any

Seriously, why would any self respecting player choose Collingwood over another club after seeing the Ginnivan treatment?

Most hated player in the game by media and fans. Spotlight on him every week. He gets traded after he misbehaves and nearly costs the club a premiership on the eve of the game. Makes a mockery of his coach who trusted him with a grand final spot at the expense of a 70% Taylor Adams.

He carries in like a pork chop at his new club the same way he did with us and he is now everybody’s favourite non-Pies player.

Several of us made the astute prediction that he would become a favourite after leaving the club.

Collingwood tax is real. We do not win battles for rival players. Only players we acquire we either overpay in salary, or no other club was making a move for them.

Those asking for Lobb need a reminder we are in this position because of our aging list

If the players we have over 30 were all 3 years younger we would still be in premiership window.

Look at 24 and under

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dogs will need cap space. They may be happy to shed Lobb.

If the roles were reversed and we had a player similar to Lobb on a big contract we would get peanuts.

Unless the Dogs are throwing in a first rounder then they can keep a 32 year old on a big contract, for a position that they have depth in.

If the roles were reversed and we had a player similar to Lobb on a big contract we would get peanuts.

Unless the Dogs are throwing in a first rounder then they can keep a 32 year old on a big contract, for a position that they have depth in.
So we take on Lobbs and Daniels contracts in full and they give us Smith. 🤔🤔🤔:D:D

Perhaps we should look to flip Schultz.

What would he be worth to a side crying out for a small forward?

With Elliott, Hill, McCreery, Harrison and Richards it's the only area of the ground where we have some depth in.

Not a judgement on Schultz but hard to think of many others we could possibly afford to lose who also have some currency.
Initially I thought you were nuts but in the cold light of day it's not the worst suggestion.
IF you can find a taker. Admit a Grundy and cut your losses.
Other one a favourite and I'll be flamed but Noble or Mcreery. Have some currency and are expendable
Unless we just hold.onto all the oldies gamble on another year/regenerate with what we have.

Initially I thought you were nuts but in the cold light of day it's not the worst suggestion.
Other one a favourite and I'll be flamed but Noble or Mcreery. Have some currency and are expendable
Unless we just hold.onto all the oldies gamble on another year/regenerate with what we have.

Why would we need to trade Schultz, isn’t he our 2nd leading goal kicker this year?

You won't be flamed by me. Noble definitely yes and maybe McCreery would help get Houston.

I think what you currently see with Noble is what you will get in the future. I don't see much upside. But given he was a mid season selection he has done better than expected.

McCreery pressure game is good but hasn't really taken the next step. He definitely would have currency.

Seriously, why would any self respecting player choose Collingwood over another club after seeing the Ginnivan treatment?

Most hated player in the game by media and fans. Spotlight on him every week. He gets traded after he misbehaves and nearly costs the club a premiership on the eve of the game. Makes a mockery of his coach who trusted him with a grand final spot at the expense of a 70% Taylor Adams.

He carries in like a pork chop at his new club the same way he did with us and he is now everybody’s favourite non-Pies player.

Several of us made the astute prediction that he would become a favourite after leaving the club.

Collingwood tax is real. We do not win battles for rival players. Only players we acquire we either overpay in salary, or no other club was making a move for them.
Because Pies are the most hated team by fans and media. But also Pies have the most supporters and power behind media.

Is he under contract next year or out of contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back