List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Setting aside that not even GC are spending two top 12 picks on flankers there is a real way we can get that pick. It’s likely if not probable that Lombard receives a bid in the top 12. Throw all your Doggies merch on so we can have circa pick 32 from Hawthorn. Find a way to upgrade that, add our 2025 2nd and we could get a look in if GC think we’ll be trash in 2025.
Yeah I mainly mentioned that as being the only pick I'd take, but seeing as Lombard could go around that mark I could actually see them doing it as long as they get something back either this year or next year in terms of points for them. Knowing Gold Coast at the moment there'll be more first rounder academy picks for them next year.

Beams had 1 AA at 25. Petracca was a dual AA at 25.

Your rating does not compute.
Yep I'm wrong. It must have been at the end of 2019 that the Demon supporters were suggesting that he needed to be traded out because of "unfulfilled potential". He took a bit longer than Beams to come good though.

Is this it? Is it?
Only part of it. If we don’t get a first it’s because they have created enough space on their list to take full advantage of their early picks.

The other part to the news I heard is that a first will be coming our way in another salary dump from another club. The player is a best 18 player but can comfortably be covered by his current club who want to open up some cap space for a couple of players making their way across.

Only part of it. If we don’t get a first it’s because they have created enough space on their list to take full advantage of their early picks.

The other part to the news I heard is that a first will be coming our way in another salary dump from another club. The player is a best 18 player but can comfortably be covered by his current club who want to open up some cap space for a couple of players making their way across.
So based on what you’re saying we could get two firsts via salary dumps.

Hope this second player is worth it…..

carlton hasn’t spoken to Harry, his manager says he’s going nowhere, but it’s definitely on the cards
In fairness I thought that came straight from the Dees. I really doubt Carlton would be commenting on this stuff for the next two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hint? Other club?

Providing he passes a medical… I’m fine on Lynch

Spread his deal out over 2 years. Will only cost a late pick… still keep our range of picks next year for mcguane

And he is an upgrade on Johnson.

Yes there is risk… but if they are rolling the dice next year on another flag anyhow

A fit lynch could be a real asset
I think Tigers could pay a large amount of his money as they are going to be way short of their cap
Will want a second or something

It might make sense for Melb, Carlton and Petracca, but what's in it for Harry McKay?

I find it hard to believe Trac would nominate Carlton.

surely Trac wants to play with the Daicos brothers and under a great coach like Fly. I am still banking on him choosing us.

Lynch is 31 years old.
He has played 4 games in 2023 and 4 in 2024
He is rumoured to have $1.5M outstanding on his contract.

Even if you spread the $1.5M over 2 years given his games output you would be paying him $200K per game.

He has only played a full season in 3 out of 14 seasons.
We won’t pay the full amount
Tigers will be looking for a higher pick and have money to burn in their cap with everyone leaving
They could possibly pay up to 800k of the 1.5 seeing as it is back ended

I find it hard to believe Trac would nominate Carlton.

surely Trac wants to play with the Daicos brothers and under a great coach like Fly. I am still banking on him choosing us.

If he really wants out, he might not be in a position to be too choosy concerning clubs.

FFS, there is no chance that Petracca going back onto the ground qualifies as “medical negligence”. Even if it was I wouldn’t think it would constitute a breach of the playing contract by Melbourne giving grounds for termination by the player. Although off the top of my head I can’t think of the exact wording used in the contract to set out club obligations.

If Trac, like any player, really wants to leave, a trade will likely happen. His lack of an “I want to stay” statement says plenty. Hard for us to get him though. We would have to give up a favourite son or two.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, Sidey you’re a lawyer and obviously I respect your opinion here.
And I notice Kirby, another lawyer I believe, gave you a like …

But, from a medical viewpoint, I must confess I’m surprised.

He had several broken ribs on the L lower ribcage.

Every Dr would know that immediately underneath those potentially sharp edged spiked rib fractures lives the spleen and base of left lung.

The spleen is a big,’mushy’ vascular ie blood filled organ that not uncommonly is lacerated by fractured ribs.

And I’d if is, people can not rarely bleed out if the situation is not recognised.

The lungs if similarly pieced, can collapse ( called pneumothorax ) that can also be potentially fatal.

Fractured ribs are always extremely tender even if you are a tough footballer and all.

IF the treated Dr did not check pulse and blood pressure to get a read on possible bleeding, and / or, IF the Dr did not listen to the lungs and check the position of the trachea ( wind pipe that can deviate in a pneumothorax under tension ) then I would have thought that Christian would be well within his rights to engage a lawyer re medical
negligence.

By all accounts he did have a pneumothorax and did require blood transfusions due to massive blood loss from a badly lacerated spleen, coup do days in ICU … bottom line, there is zero doubt in my mind that this was a very near miss from a fatality.

No wonder he is mentally freaked out and his family are allegedly furious, had he had another whack to the rib area he may well have bled even more and could well have died - not exaggerating.
Many people have died exactly that way.

Whether he could have his contract annulled due to this ( or the threat of litigation) is not my area, but maybe legal opinion in light of the medical side of things as above, could be considered? Yes / No ??

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back