“Better player”

If we hadn’t traded for Schultz:

• We’d have pick 10 and in turn, Petracca
  • We’d be keeping Richards without issue
  • We’d most likely still have Ginnivan

So tell me, what would you rather?

Schultz?

Or Petracca, Richards and Ginnivan?
I forget. How did Shultz affect keeping Richards?

Collingwood is also eyeing fringe midfielder Ben Hobbs who has struggled to cement a position in the team amid the midfield logjam at Tullamarine.

The Magpies could use pick 20 which it wants from Gold Coast for John Noble to help pull off deals for Adelaide backman Mark Keane and Hobbs, who was originally taken pick 13 by Essendon.

Hobbs has been likened to former Collingwood hard nut Taylor Adams, who was traded to Sydney Swans late last year.

That actually makes me feel sick in the stomach that we could cash in on Noble departing only to then piss that up the wall on hot trash like Hobbs!
I'd rather take it to the draft to get some talent.

Is it me getting a grip or yourself? You’ve managed to correlate the recruitment of Shoota to the loss of Ginnivan, a possible loss of Richards and the possible miss on Petracca…

You were involved in a discussion on Richards and suggested Shoota’s recruitment had “once again” hamstrung us so my comment was purely linking those two. It is unequivocal no matter what irrational argument you present that Shoota is a better footballer currently and probably into the future because he has a better all round game.

It’s this circle of stupidity that really grinds my gears during trade week!

It was widely reported Ginnivan reconsidered his future with us after we showed interest in Schultz

Richards is now considering his future with us, which would be why? For more opportunities (and a longer deal)

You can attempt to spin this however you feel comfortable. But it doesn’t change the fact that the trade - particularly in hindsight, has turned out bad for us and seems to continue to come back to bite us with each new turn of events

I forget. How did Shultz affect keeping Richards?

If Richards is considering his future with us, opportunities would be a major reason for it.

If we didn’t have Schultz, do you not think Richards would have played more games and would be playing more games going forward?

It was widely reported Ginnivan reconsidered his future with us after we showed interest in Schultz

Richards is now considering his future with us, which would be why? For more opportunities (and a longer deal)

You can attempt to spin this however you feel comfortable. But it doesn’t change the fact that the trade - particularly in hindsight, has turned out bad for us and seems to continue to come back to bite us with each new turn of events

If Richards is considering his future with us, opportunities would be a major reason for it.

If we didn’t have Schultz, do you not think Richards would have played more games and would be playing more games going forward?
But if we didn't get Schultz, we'd still have Ginni according to your scenario..so how would that help Richards?

Richards got injured after the Dockers game. And then ill when next selected. I'd say that had more to do with him not getting consecutive games.

This might be overly harsh on Hobbs because he is only 20 but his contested possession rate in any of his 3 seasons doesn't scream Taylor Adams to me

Fly in his SEN segment yesterday, 'Who will be the next Lipinski for CFC', a player that is on the fringe at another club and not getting opportunities, maybe CFC thinks it's Hobbs.

Lepinski edited

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s absolute garbage! We’d had enough of brand Ginnivan and his antics so we went hard at a better player for our system in Shoota. We then did a Lukocious and encouraged him to consider his options. It was never lead by Ginnivan he just never twigged we were serious like a heart attack on what his off field antics would do for his career at Collingwood.

To reiterate a better player limiting the opportunities of a lesser player is not the problem of the better player. What part of that is spin? Richards has a better contract in front of him from another club hence why he’s weighing his options.

The crux of the issue is your views on Shoota don’t align with the clubs. You’re then allowing his trade cost to cloud your judgement entirely. The hypocrisy of your posting (as highlighted by EM) is just a thinly veiled swipe at Shoota and I’m going to go super hard in his defense if you want to make an argument out of it.

In terms of list spots Schultz = Ginnivan

He probably would be in the same boat with Ginnivan in front of him. It's a long bow you are drawing.

It will be a fascinating watch.
It all depends on how much more trouble there’s been behind the scenes at Melbourne that has become public.
Petracca will be privy to it all you’d think and this may be why he cannot bring himself to remain at the club.
If there’s more damaging scandals to come out, it might be Petracca that calls Melbourne’s bluff about him going public and Melb decide to quit while they’re ahead and agree to trade him.

Maybe. Hopefully.

Realistically I think the odds of this all playing out in a way that sees us land CP from such a modest draft picks position is about 1%. So I guess there’s a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

'Who will be the next Lepinski for CFC',
Disgusted Jeff Goldblum GIF by First We Feast

So we’re linked with two midfielders and two defenders

Would rather Peatling over Hobbs IMO
Yep Peatling is the one for me - in his 10 non-sub games this year he's averaging 20 disposals, 5.2 clearances and 6.7 tackles as a game.

Guy can clearly play - just a victim of a consistent problem at the giants, too much talent - trying to squeeze into too few spots.

Yes, but is it possible that, if we didn't have Schultz we would probaby still have Ginni or at least another replacement for him, ergo, Richards would still be in the same position.

A good manager will tell him to take the extra money and years.
That’s a manager also lining his own pockets to keep it so simplistic
It’s not like he has a 7yr offer on the table that is just too good to refuse on dollars alone.

The difference is 2 years at us or 3 at port.
I don’t think the money will be all that different

It comes down to where he will see himself getting the most opportunities

I think Fly should be selling this to him big time next season and beyond

We do live by the moneyball picks
Though Hobbs is in contract, which gives essendon (shudder at having to deal with them) power.
Hobbs is a Shaw era plodder. The reason Essendon are ok with him looking is because they’d like some value from a poor drafting decision. Like Tsatas will also be in time.

Edit: apologies the initial wording of that post was trash.

Last edited:

Oh now I see. The addition of Shultz into the 23 has forced 2 players out of the 23.

I’d be willing to bet that’s never happened in the history of football before. In fact I think it’s never even happened in a poster’s imagination before.

Btw, I need to ask. Would the player we drafted with pick 10 had we kept it be allowed to push someone out of the 23?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back