List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ditto, IMO Petracca ain't heading back to Melbourne.
Where will he end up though. He can't get to us and Mckay doesn't want to leave Carlton for Melbourne. Apparently he wants a big Victorian club. Melbourne won't trade him unless they get an elite FF. Maybe a 7 club involvement might get it done

I think their problem is the midfield rather than the forward line. The midfield probably has the worst delivery in the game. Guys like Oliver, Petracca etc just seem to boot it into the forward line with no real system.

Not sure if it’s the way they are coached or whether they don’t have the smartest players.
It's a combination of not enough outside runners and a defensive game style that is all about territory and repeat entries.

With their forwards they need quick entries for Kozy and Fritsch to have the space to run amuck, but they don't get them as it's down the line and repeat entries into a congested mess.

So in other words, just a normal trade process? I really don’t understand your original point. Trade him with subsidised contract, get more at trade table. Trade him with no subsidisation, have to accept less at trade table. Isn’t that how it always works?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's pretty clear, Melbourne pay part of his contract and get a better trade, which would be 2 x 1st round draft picks, or they say just completely get him off their books, don't pay a percentage of his remaining contract, clear cap space in order to attack the free agency market.
Jay Clark has also mentioned if Melbourne want to completely walk away from his contract, they will need to expect less in a trade....

Last edited:
Where will he end up though. He can't get to us and Mckay doesn't want to leave Carlton for Melbourne. Apparently he wants a big Victorian club. Melbourne won't trade him unless they get an elite FF. Maybe a 7 club involvement might get it done
Maybe the Dons off Wright and the Package 😜

Im appalled at the lack of sensitive nature to Petraccas ordeal with the injury. Traumatic to him is traumatic to him , doesnt mean he should be told to suck it up. Yet everyone fawns over Oliver a known drug addict and treat him with care and protect him. Meanwhile Petraccas called a sook, suck it up princess and overeacting.

Its become pretty immature as a whole from Melbourne and its lackeys and some of the media folk. What do you expect from Melbourne really though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry you didn’t quite get my post.
I got it, you said if we trade next years first you can guarantee a bottom 3 finish, don't agree. Then I asked you which clubs with really good father/sons have kept their first round pick under the current rules, get back to me.

I’m liking what I’m hearing in the media about our interests.

Hobbs, Davies, Peatling, Keane & potentially Lukosius.

For once I feel like I’m on the same page as the club in terms of trade targets.

Only two from that list l would be happy with, Davies and Peatling....
Keane sounds like he's undecided wether he actually wants to be in Australia or not. He comes across as very unsettled in whether he wants an AFL career, or he wants to be living in Ireland. Hobbs an Adams type, couldn't get into an Essendon side towards the end of the season that was struggling, probably 50/50 on him as a potential recruit and Lukosius, lazy footballer who's a utility. Not sure if he's the type of player we actually need or want...

Why don’t we at least make it interesting and commit to an outcome if a trade goes ahead? I’m happy to have a slab on it for whoever gets it right because the obvious favourite in that case is neither of us are close.

IMO, Connor’s Sports are currently working with Collingwood and Carlton on what the best deal they can offer up is (hence no public comment because they haven’t landed on a position). In two weeks time once Carlton are eliminated from the finals I think we’ll get an announcement that Petracca wants to be traded to Carlton. Between then and the start of trade week Carlton go to work on their player. The crux of a deal is then McKay because they need that forward of centre mid much more than a 2nd KPF with TDK, Kemp and Silvagni as their alternatives.

Why on Earth would McKay or TDK agree to go to MFC?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back