List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan has next year to establish himself unless we trade him. Needs to consolidate himself next year either way. He has plenty of talent but like most of our younger players, the development is slow. I hope we're able to spend more on player development next year

Development isn’t linear. Happens at different rates for everyone
Especially for a hard to break into defence. He’s also had an up and down year with injury. Couldn’t get much consistent form until the end of the year, so hopefully he builds on that going into next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially for a hard to break into defence. He’s also had an up and down year with injury. Couldn’t get much consistent form until the end of the year, so hopefully he builds on that going into next year.

Look at Richards! First year on the list, I think 100% would have delisted him…now one of the better debutants in recent times…and mature age, so definitely not linear development!

After seeing Lombards highlights, I would almost take him at pick 6

yeah agree. The influx of talent in there last year and coming up is astonishing. Dimma is no fool, he has timed his entry there right. To be honest, I loaded up on the Suns to make the finals this year and thought they were hugely disappointing. If they fail again next year with Rioli and probably Noble driving a Dimma-style game plan, it may mean that chaos-type play, move the ball at all costs that served Richmond and us so well is obselete. The way some teams just played keepings-off against us when they were ahead on the scoreboard also makes me think that is possible.

Look at Richards! First year on the list, I think 100% would have delisted him…now one of the better debutants in recent times…and mature age, so definitely not linear development!

Some of these mature agers have said they weren’t ready as teenagers but as they mature they take the next step.
Not everyone is a Nick Daicos. Patience is required.

I hear that development isn't linear, however, most people who I have talked to and know that are in the Junior development business, tell me it is very linear. Most good players show enough in their first year to know if they are going to make it. It's linear when their Junior abilities translate into senior ability. Non linear is a bit of an excuse for "not sure if they'll make it ". Ryan needs to take a big step next year or he just isn't good enough. When I was working at an under 18 club, we looked for players that could turn their junior abilities into senior abilities. Some were great juniors but the likelihood of their junior form following them into senior form was one of the first things they looked at

Ryan has next year to establish himself unless we trade him. Needs to consolidate himself next year either way. He has plenty of talent but like most of our younger players, the development is slow. I hope we're able to spend more on player development next year
I think the wheel is starting to turn w Ryan (imo)
But I just don’t think he’s a hbf
We’ll see

yeah agree. The influx of talent in there last year and coming up is astonishing. Dimma is no fool, he has timed his entry there right. To be honest, I loaded up on the Suns to make the finals this year and thought they were hugely disappointing. If they fail again next year with Rioli and probably Noble driving a Dimma-style game plan, it may mean that chaos-type play, move the ball at all costs that served Richmond and us so well is obselete. The way some teams just played keepings-off against us when they were ahead on the scoreboard also makes me think that is possible.
Lombard looks very special to me

yeah I had overlooked that he is still so young (still a teen, Jen says) but even before he got KO'd on debut I had not seen too many elite traits. I feel like a potential HBF of his size needs above average pace, sticky hands/sure ball-handling and damaging ball use. We need him to be a line-breaker (especially if Noble goes) and I am not sure he has that in his arsenal. Wonder if he has the gut-running ability to be some sort of wide-ranging link man. Anyway, he maybe has another year to show what he has got
Someone posted here last week that a recruiter told him Ryan and pace and a good tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I might add my 2 cents on how we should go about this off season and our list. Trying to be as realistic as possible.

Trades:
Pies Give: John Noble
Suns Give: Pick 20

Pies Give: Joe Richards and Pick 48
Port Give: Pick 37 and Future 3rd Pick (2025)

Pies Give: Ash Johnson and Pick 37 (from Port for Richards)
Crows Give: Mark Keane

Pies Give: Pick 32
Bombers Give: Ben Hobbs (Hopefully he requests a trade to us)

With pick 20 draft a key position forward (ideally one of the Whitlock brothers)

Try trade Reef McInnes for future 3rd and 4th round (2025) picks next year to get points for McGuane. If a deal can’t get done give Reef a rookie contract.

If Suns delist Alex Davies try recruit him as a delisted free agent

If Saints delist Jack Hayes try recruit him as a delisted free agent

Keep Long, Dean and Bytel all on the rookie list for another year

Give Kreuger a 1 year deal

Delist: Sullivan and Eyre

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Selling Joe Richards short there I think.
He's a keeper.

as if anyone wants to cheer for stringer
i could imagine him kicking for goal in the black and white and still not being unsure if i wanted him to miss
some players would be no fun to follow on your team (papley, owies etc)
Agree. There are just some players you can't stand from other clubs, that I wouldn't ever be excited about having at your team. And he's one of them.

He's also only played 1 game, so doubt anyone would come with a longer than 2 year contract. He is better off staying.
Not if he thinks he’ll have a higher chance of game time in another team he isn’t. The number of years on his contract is meaningless in comparison to playing opportunity. Who is he pushing out? He’s behind Daicos, Parker, Markov and IQ for defensive flank roles. He should be jumping at any team who offers him a chance at senior game time, because it’s unlikely he breaks in to our squad any time soon without some dramatic improvement in his game because he has no stand out traits that are going to elevate him above anyone else as it stands.

Not if he thinks he’ll have a higher chance of game time in another team he isn’t. The number of years on his contract is meaningless in comparison to playing opportunity. Who is he pushing out? He’s behind Daicos, Parker, Markov and IQ for defensive flank roles. He should be jumping at any team who offers him a chance at senior game time, because it’s unlikely he breaks in to our squad any time soon without some dramatic improvement in his game because he has no stand out traits that are going to elevate him above anyone else as it stands.

Was ahead of Markov in the last round of the season. Shows how much he improved in the last month of the season.
Given he is still 19, there is plenty of improvement left in him

Suns will take pick 6 to the draft.
Lombard is tipped to go between 8-13 so no way the push back into the draft only to match a player pick for him. They will get 2 elites with 6 & Lombard . Only potential trade out of pick 6 would be a slide to say 10 if they still feel Lombard will be on the board.
Picks 13/20/26/34 ( Lackosiois pick ) will be used for Noble/ Rioli . Then they will trade if anything left into next years draft as they have 5 x AA academy players to match for 2025.
I doubt the Tigers give up Rioli unless 6 is involved. He’s one of their best rebounders and has 4 years left on his deal, they’re not going to roll over and accept 13.

Jake Niall was on ABC Radio talking trades - a severe weather warning interrupts the discussion - when the warning is finished, they are at an AFLW game. So frustrating.

Was ahead of Markov in the last round of the season. Shows how much he improved in the last month of the season.
Given he is still 19, there is plenty of improvement left in him

He was ahead of Markov in a game where we were clearly testing out the kids. Shock horror.

44f948eda9c70fa3c90f33e20f542294.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back