List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope given the midfield talent they have that the Dogs delist Riley Garcia.

Would love to get him into the club for absolutely nothing.

Buku Khamis is still unsigned too. We could get both for very little and they would be really handy for us.
I've been rooting for Garcia for the last 2 months, just get him

I really hope given the midfield talent they have that the Dogs delist Riley Garcia.

Buku Khamis is still unsigned too. We could get both for very little and they would be really handy for us.

I think I read somewhere an interstate club is interested in Garcia
Eagles maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I read somewhere an interstate club is interested in Garcia
Eagles maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be annoying. Particularly given, as reported, they are also into Peatling too.

Mids: Hobbs, Peatling, Davies, Garcia
Backs: Khamis, Keane

They should be our targets IMO.

Our list is pretty fkd, let’s be honest.

Still relying on veterans next year to help us win games.

One of the worst list of kids in the league. Nick Daicos and then daylight…

No one to replace Darcy Moore in coming years. No up and coming key forwards. And no first round round draft picks this year, or assets to trade..

The club have sold the farm to try and pinch more flags, and it has backfired. But have also been hampered by poor draft pick hands, player trade dumps and poor drafting. No finals this year and finishing below hawthorn.

Salary cap room the only weapon we have, so the club will need to pull multiple rabbits out of the hat to improve.

And I don’t buy the “too many injuries disrupted us, so we’ll have to be better next year” bs.

All of the following prime moving players will likely be worse next year:

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell

Last edited:

No one to replace Darcy Moore in coming years. No up and coming key forwards. And no first round round draft picks this year, or assets to trade..

The club have sold the farm to try and pinch more flags, and it has backfired. No finals this year and finishing below hawthorn.

Salary cap room the only weapon we have, so the club will need to pull multiple rabbits out of the hat to improve.

And I don’t buy the “too many injuries disrupted us, so we’ll have to be better” bs.

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell
Pretty sure I remember you and others saying similar things in 2020, then we made some moves and won a flag by 2023.
Things are never as bad as BF downers make them out to be. I mean, bitching about having nobody to replace Moore? Really? He’s 28, he’ll still have a good 4 years left in him minimum, there’s plenty of time to draft/trade or get a free agent KPD in that time. You’re not even waiting to see what happens over this trade/draft period before declaring we’re doomed. Just stop, it’s ridiculous.

The club have sold the farm to try and pinch more flags, and it has backfired. But have also been hampered by poor draft pick hands, player trade dumps and poor drafting. No finals this year and finishing below hawthorn.

And I don’t buy the “too many injuries disrupted us, so we’ll have to be better next year” bs.

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell

To be honest I share your concerns, but the Pies are in their window so they HAVE to try their best to win it if they can.

Now, there is a solution for this that meets both intent, the now and the future. Players like Howe, Pendles and Sidebottom should NOT be playing more than 2 games in a row. They need to alternate but a the Pies need to blood younger players.

But step 1 is to trade for 4-5 under 26 year olds during the off-season. Then those players will get 16-17 games easily if the Pies can alternate the trio of Pendles, Side and Howe.

Then hopefully come August 2025, that rotation are in the best 22 as interchange or even best 18 on the field, with Pendles, Side and Howe coming off the bench or play 5 minutes then rest and only play 75% of the game minutes.

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell
So going to be hard to Re-Build with Tassie coming in

Pretty sure I remember you and others saying similar things in 2020, then we made some moves and won a flag by 2023.
Things are never as bad as BF downers make them out to be. I mean, bitching about having nobody to replace Moore? Really? He’s 28, he’ll still have a good 4 years left in him minimum, there’s plenty of time to draft/trade or get a free agent KPD in that time. You’re not even waiting to see what happens over this trade/draft period before declaring we’re doomed. Just stop, it’s ridiculous.

Cmon Apex, you know as well as I do that when you hit 24, the end is nigh in Bigfooty terms.

as if anyone wants to cheer for stringer
i could imagine him kicking for goal in the black and white and still not being unsure if i wanted him to miss
some players would be no fun to follow on your team (papley, owies etc)
Did you support Ginnivan?

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell
Yep, only saving grace is if we make finals well cause damage. I still reckon if we made it this year we would have won.

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell
Pretty doomed look. Only takes a couple of list changes and it gets back on track, especially with Fly as a coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been saying get khamis for 3 or 4 years ffs should of been done a long time ago

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell
Here’s a reality check, Melb have 18 players on their list who’ll be 29+ next year.
We have 12, just like Carlton. Swans have 11.

Why has the debate about hypothetical lawsuits restarted? It was barely on topic when Petracca was reportedly trying to leave Melbourne. Now that Petracca has committed to stay with Melbourne it is so far off topic it isn't funny.

Can I please request if people wish to continue to debate about hypothetical legal matters or who was right or wrong in debates about hypothetical legal matters it be taken to another thread and leave this thread be for what it was meant for?

I know it hasn't worked well in the past 🙃, but if our first pick next year is likely to be eaten up by a McGuane bid (or traded before a bid), I think we should look to trade into this year's first round.

We need young prospects ASAP, so I'm all for bringing one forward to this year. Next year we'll have McGuane.

This is only if there's a player we rate highly and, of course, if we aren't using the pick to trade for a player - depending on the player, this might be preferred.

Did you support Ginnivan?
Always had ambivalence with him
There were some great moments I'll admit
But at least he was recruited as a draftee so he was always ours
But if you see my posts I always felt he didn't run and tackle hard enough to suit our game style
But I certainly wouldn't always enjoy barracking for that type of player if he joined us after playing for hawks or others

Why has the debate about hypothetical lawsuits restarted? It was barely on topic when Petracca was reportedly trying to leave Melbourne. Now that Petracca has committed to stay with Melbourne it is so far off topic it isn't funny.

Can I please request if people wish to continue to debate about hypothetical legal matters or who was right or wrong in debates about hypothetical legal matters it be taken to another thread and leave this thread be for what it was meant for?

Relax - anything deemed not on topic gets readily removed. It’s a good system.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe someone needs to start a new thread - could be called:
"I can't let go and I'm always right whatever the topic"

I know it hasn't worked well in the past 🙃, but if our first pick next year is likely to be eaten up by a McGuane bid (or traded before a bid), I think we should look to trade into this year's first round.

We need young prospects ASAP, so I'm all for bringing one forward to this year. Next year we'll have McGuane.

This is only if there's a player we rate highly and, of course, if we aren't using the pick to trade for a player - depending on the player, this might be preferred.
I feel like this may be on the cards, and have done since it was mentioned on the Midweek tackle that we were interested in the Whitlock twins a few months ago. Another possibility if we get a couple of second rounders from Noble and Richards we might be able to package them up to trade with a team looking for points for an academy or F/S bid.

Additionally this year we are still operating on the old points table, whilst next year we are operating on a new points table (only the first 54 picks will have a points value next year) so there may be something there to exploit.

As far as McGuane goes, I believe from next year we will have access to two years worth of future draft picks to trade, so if worst comes to worst and we don't have any players looking to be traded (unlikely), and we don't get some extra future picks in the second round that we can use (you can also trade F3 but when you factor in FA compo and other possible compo picks handed out by the AFL, then it will depend on who you trade with as to whether they have a points value attached) then we can access some future picks to trade back into the first or second round next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back