List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if we aren't getting Keane then who the F are we targeting to support Moore like Murphy was?
Some years you don’t have a Moore, Murphy, Howe, Maynard defence. Well actually, most years.

I’m not discounting a top 4 finish next year, but we shouldn’t be selling the family silver. We can expect greater contributions from McStay, Mitchell and Moore - that’s about it.

If we're fair dinkum about a flag tilt next year we can't rely on a Dean or Frampton.

I know we won't find an elite Weitering, Andrews, Taylor, Stewart, etc type, but it's already frustrating me to no end that it looks like Nick Haynes is going to walk to Carlton as a UFA.
I’m not convinced Keane is the solution even if that article is wide of the mark, but I do agree with you on the need for another option. I’m not a fan of padding out Haynes’ super because he has fallen off a cliff the last 18 months.

I’m not convinced Keane is the solution even if that article is wide of the mark, but I do agree with you on the need for another option. I’m not a fan of padding out Haynes’ super because he has fallen off a cliff the last 18 months.
Averaged 31.4 touches over 9 games in the VFL this year. He's not going to get back to his AA, VIC-rep form but I can assure you he'll offer more than Charlie Dean in 2025. Even if he has to play on a key.

Fwiw he did look like he'd lost a yard in the AFL games I saw but I'm not quite ready to say he has fallen off a cliff. Not completely. Maybe he has one foot on the edge...

Averaged 31.4 touches over 9 games in the VFL this year. He's not going to get back to his AA, VIC-rep form but I can assure you he'll offer more than Charlie Dean in 2025. Even if he has to play on a key.

Fwiw he did look like he'd lost a yard in the AFL games I saw but I'm not quite ready to say he has fallen off a cliff. Not completely. Maybe he has one foot on the edge...
Offering more than Dean is a pretty low bar. Maybe it’s a bias I have, but each time I saw him at the top level this year he was exposed defensively, fumbled and was overcommitting in contests. You can get away with that at VFL level.

I prefer drafting the young fellas and developing them. Top up with Rougheads, Mitchells and McStays.

what about Dougie Howser from Saints

199cm 92kg 28yo

good in the air

more of the lock-down type defender to provide Frampton some competition

hasn't been offered a contract by the Saints .. what's the knock on him?

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/D/Dougal_Howard.html
I don't actually mind this suggestion as he's a marginal upgrade on Frampton. I definitely prefer it to all the chatter about Mark Keane.
I think the most pressing concern defensively is a replacement for Howe though. As I see it we have Jakob Ryan but his development has been hampered by injuries.

The media propaganda

Pies players always low value in trade
When we want someone their value skyrockets and we need to sell the farm to get them
This is how they operate
I was listening to SEN the other day and they were discussing what they think it'll take to get Bailey Smith trade done. They were all saying Geelong's late first round will get it done. If Smith chose us they would all be saying 2 firsts as a starting point.

I was listening to SEN the other day and they were discussing what they think it'll take to get Bailey Smith trade done. They were all saying Geelong's late first round will get it done. If Smith chose us they would all be saying 2 firsts as a starting point.

How does that make any sense lol

Yes, I heard a reporter a month ago say Collingwood didn't have the draft selections to get Smith and then in the next breath said Geelong should be able to get it done with a future first.😏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we can always trade out of next year's draft and into the following years draft once we actually know the value of what we're trading.

If we have a bad year next year it's not inconceivable that our first pick could be before McGuane gets bid on.

Yes fair point. I was looking at it trying to get a first round pick in this year's draft and McGuane next year.

i'm not against getting anyone who will improve our side. I also don't hold grudges against players who ****ed up 10 years ago. If we can get Stringer, we get him, pure and simple

Yep and let's face it. The off-field difference between Stringer and a heap of blokes we were cheering on in the 80s and early 90s is that he's more talented and doesn't racially abuse his opponents.

I actually wanted him before he went to the Saints
We were apparently keen until we found out the Saints were offering a $600k 5 year contract. At the time our cap was so full we couldn’t even get close to that kind of offer so we went and got Roughead instead iirc, which turned out better anyway.

They literally said at the start of the year we didn’t have the currency because we needed a top 10 pick. Now Geelong’s late first is fine. Collingwood tax.

We were apparently keen until we found out the Saints were offering a $600k 5 year contract. At the time our cap was so full we couldn’t even get close to that kind of offer so we went and got Roughead instead iirc, which turned out better anyway.
Roughy was/is a gem.

Isn’t Sam glover in the reserves a backman in the Nathan Murphy mold

Yep and let's face it. The off-field difference between Stringer and a heap of blokes we were cheering on in the 80s and early 90s is that he's more talented and doesn't racially abuse his opponents.
We aren't in a position to knock back talent like stringer. If we can get him cheap, just grab him

If we landed -
Houston
Stringer
Peatling/Davies
Would be very nice additions.
Expecting to lose Noble, Richards.
I could certainly live with that. Midfield youthful refresh, xfactor forward, albeit a ****head one, and a quality backman wouldn’t be the worst offseason at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back