List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Offering more than Dean is a pretty low bar. Maybe it’s a bias I have, but each time I saw him at the top level this year he was exposed defensively, fumbled and was overcommitting in contests. You can get away with that at VFL level.
It's the bias you have, watch the Melbourne game again after Darcy was subbed off, was rock solid, just a handful of games and took 17 marks against the Brions VFL. A rising player is Charlie but you stick to your small sample and stamp his papers.

Off-contract Gold Coast midfielder Alex Davies is weighing up his AFL future.
The Suns have tabled a two-year deal to the 22 year old but it is understood as many as four rival clubs - including Collingwood - have enquired about the big-bodied Suns Academy product, who has played 32 senior games in four seasons.

Davies will sit down with head coach Damien Hardwick to seek assurances about his role in the side moving forward before making any decision on his future.

Off-contract Gold Coast midfielder Alex Davies is weighing up his AFL future.
The Suns have tabled a two-year deal to the 22 year old but it is understood as many as four rival clubs - including Collingwood - have enquired about the big-bodied Suns Academy product, who has played 32 senior games in four seasons.

Davies will sit down with head coach Damien Hardwick to seek assurances about his role in the side moving forward before making any decision on his future.

"as many as four rival clubs" but only name Collingwood.

AFL media for you.

It's the bias you have, watch the Melbourne game again after Darcy was subbed off, was rock solid, just a handful of games and took 17 marks against the Brions VFL. A rising player is Charlie but you stick to your small sample and stamp his papers.

Have you ever considered not pulling out a baseball bat when you disagree with someone?

Whilst someone is best 22 and you want to win the flag - it doesn't make sense to retire them at all. These blokes will either retire themselves or be retired when the coaches don't think they'll be best 22 in the following year - eg a fair bit of decline for all of them - or youngsters or recruits rising to push them out. It might have happened if guys like Reef, Harrison, Macrae, Sullivan, Bytel, Krueger really rose - but they didn't and the oldies are still very clearly ahead of them and thus in our best 22

Best case scenario is we have a 2010 like season next year, where some of our younger boys surpass our veterans. Just like what happened to Lockyer, Fraser, O'Bree etc back in the day.

I was talking about Haynes, but yeah kudos on the reading comprehension!

It probably also says a bit for where you think Dean’s at though considering you’re assumption…

And unless AJ decides to play with the intensity of an AFL player, he'll be back playing local footy from 2026 onwards. Talent only gets you so far.
I always say, Talent gets you in the door. Whether you fail or become successor is dependant on your work rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton mustn't have much cap space to be getting rid of Martin and Owwies. BTW, Owies is a very good small forward and although we don't really need him, he would be a good addition to our side. This doesn't mean that I don't want to slap him

Martin is on a truckload of cash whereas Owies would be playing for peanuts.

Keep hearing how Carlton have the best top 6 in the comp but it means fcuk all when you finish 8th and get bundled out first week. The careers of their big names are flying by very quickly without success.

Houston more likely the Saints, but we maybe close to his second option and closing the gap.

I don't think Essendoom would want Stringer coming to us, for the simple reason, if he has a 40 goal season, along with the expected improvement from Schultz, and regular pairing of Mihocek and McStay in our forward half, that would put us close to finishing in the top 4 next year. I feel Essendoom will come to some agreement with Stringer...

Peatling would love to get, but are you leaving the GWS at this stage of their growth in the competition? They look like regularly playing finals for the majority of the next decade. He hails from Western Sydney, so it would be hard to get him out, l think. The word is West Coast maybe his choice if he does leave!!

Davies would be nice, and l think he's our best shot. He would be a nice addition to our midfield, not only because of his ability and his pressure as a tackling machine, but he would give us that injection of youth into our midfield, that we need. It would be nice to see Naicos, Davies and Allan playing regularly in our midfield next year.
Well surmised.

I’d be keen on Stringer. He would benefit enormously from being the 4th or 5th cog in our forward line which he’s never really had much opportunity to be.
In the Bulldogs premiership side they were heavily reliant on Stringer performing in big games. The Grand Final forward line included Zaine Cordy, Tom Boyd, Dalhaus, Tory Dickson, Clay Smith, Jack Macrae & Liam Picken.
At the Bombers it’s been the same. They have had a rotating roster of developing players and some recycled players so Stringer always has an element of pressure to perform which he can’t always do.
With us he could sit under Mihocek, McStay, DeGoey, Elliott etc and genuinely get the best match up each week.

It reeks of Murphy all over again - where people were saying he was not upto it in 2021, some even suggesting he should be delisted. Same with Richards last year.
Patience is so often in short supply here.

I agree Dean has upside.

Last edited:
Collingwood is hunting a backman to help Moore and bolster a defence which was exposed at times in 2024.

The Magpies are set to lose John Noble to Gold Coast and are targeting pick 20 from the Suns in return.

Collingwood could make a move on former Bomber Nick Hind as a potential replacement option, although a decision could wait until the new year in the supplemental selection period.

The Magpies would not have to give anything up to land Hind in the supplemental selection period.

Absofcukinlutely not.

And unless AJ decides to play with the intensity of an AFL player, he'll be back playing local footy from 2026 onwards. Talent only gets you so far.

It's such a shame how much AJ has fallen off

Showed SO much potential in 2022 and dropped off a touch in 2023 only to completely fall off in 2024

I really do wonder what the story is there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back