List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me Ralph comes out with some funny shit! Houston and Rioli are so far apart in terms of trade cost it’s not funny. Rioli is one month older, they both have multiple years to run on contracts and Houston has 2 AA’s under his belt v Rioli’s zero. They aren’t even close.

He is so unapologetically biased. I love his half time appearances when a richmond player is up on a reported charge on field. Then the difference if its another team.

"Yeah look Vlaustin may have suplexed and snapped the opposition players neck , but thats probably a couple of weeks redduced down to a fine in my books"

"Taylor Adams may have done his ACL but he has a duty of care to not cause distress to the opposition player by breaking his leg , probably looking at 2-3 weeks for mine"

What's his best position?

Still forward 50 but coming through the junior ranks he was known for having good endurance and played some wing in school footy, so I think there'd be hopes to develop him into the midfield.

It's the players with untried/untapped potential and lack of opportunity I'd be chasing.

Stringer is far more capable a player than Johnson so good luck if the opposition don't want to pay him any respect.

If he came to the club his best is likely to be seen in his first year when he's motivated by the fresh environment and desire to stick it up the Bombers.

The reality is players like T. Mitchell and O'Meara were still best 22 players for Hawthorn when S. Mitchell decided to trade them and open opportunity for others.

That worked out well for us with Mitchell becoming a Premiership player but it's fair to say that by retaining all of our veterans we are all in for next season and that's fine if we bounce back hard. If we don't however then no doubt we will be denying greater opportunity for the next wave along the way and that'll be the worst possible outcome. Mid table of death here we come.

My point is retaining all of our veterans only works if we once again become a red hot Premiership chance in 25 and if we're going to go all in do we have the gonads to take that next level and take on someone like Stringer who has boom or bust written all over him.

I don't really agree with the bolded. They find a way to play the good ones. Most of the ones they force games into don't kick on. 2021 was a play the kids year and we got games into:

Anton Tohill, Max Lynch, Will Kelly, Tom Wilson, Rantall, Tyler Brown, Trey Ruscoe, Caleb Poulter, Trent Bianco, Oliver Henry, McCreery, Ginnivan.

Now the last 3 have kicked on. Would that have happened anyway? Or did getting some extra games in 2021 make a significant difference to their career trajectory? It seems a stretch to me that where they are today is due to the 5-10 games they played that year.

Still forward 50 but coming through the junior ranks he was known for having good endurance and played some wing in school footy, so I think there'd be hopes to develop him into the midfield.

It's the players with untried/untapped potential and lack of opportunity I'd be chasing.
I think your strategy is the right one for this year given we have such little capital. Your man Stone was pick 15 (2020) so he can obviously play but 13 games in four seasons suggests he's getting frustrated behind others in the Giants midfield. He's definitely worth a look.

It's the players with untried/untapped potential and lack of opportunity I'd be chasing

Agree entirely. We have forced ourselves out of the draft. Which it is what it is.

But we do have to go after these borderline fringe players and hone in on them. Its a clearer picture than taking a kid in the draft at 40. At least we can see what we are potentially working with at an AFL level. Plus its managing our age profile a bit more. By not going after vets with 2 to 3 years left.

The benefit of getting someone like Houston is that it will give quaynor the opportunity to to shed some weight and gain back some of the speed that made him lethal in 2023 . This potentially allowing him to spend more time on the wing and giving this team a new look.

The benefit of getting someone like Houston is that it will give quaynor the opportunity to to shed some weight and gain back some of the speed that made him lethal in 2023 . This potentially allowing him to spend more time on the wing and giving this team a new look.
He ain’t a wingman. All his best attributes are suited to defence. But he does need to lose some size though I agree

Every July 1 is Bobby Bonilla Day. The Mets pay him over a million each year until 2035. He is over 60.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very interesting, was not aware of this. Thank you for sharing.

So the Mets planned to repay but were caught up in a ponzi scheme?

If it ain't a documentary then it should be for sure.

I have liked what I have seen of O'Driscoll, I heard somewhere that Collingwood are looking at players who could protect Naicos.

Edit:

I really liked him in his draft year. We were no hope of drafting him. However he has only played 24 games in 4 years. Tough run with injury, then developed a blood clot that required surgery. Has not been able to get a look in. Port Adelaide are interested in him. Nice draft profile review

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defintrly did lose that zip , i remember parts of 2023 having him and Noble as the duel threat off HBF was pivotal to our game plan. This year IQ seemed non existent in his influence , seemed a really down year for him

Is this part of the Nathan Murphy impact ?

The whole background to the situation, more about the Ponzi scheme etc. hearing from the decision makers etc.
They could make another Bernie Madoff movie(s) on all the secondary and tertiary effects of his mendacious ways. All the big celebs who lost their dough, musos who had to keep touring, movie stars who had to keep acting, etc etc.

Don’t think Port need a 1st as well. Lukosius, Richards and 32 is fair return for Houston who will be 28 next year.

Pies

Give - Richards, Noble and 32
Gain - Houston

GC

Give - Lukosius (who they quietly want gone)
Gain - Noble

Port

Give - Houston
Gain - Lukosius, Richards, 32
In all of that, I don't really like what the pies are giving and would prefer what Port are gaining.

In all of that, I don't really like what the pies are giving and would prefer what Port are gaining.
You don’t like giving up a solid rebounding defender, a fringe small forward and a mid-late second round pick for the best rebounding defender in the league? Really? That’s like turning turds to gold (obviously I don’t believe Richards and Noble are turds but you get my point)

You don’t like giving up a solid rebounding defender, a fringe small forward and a mid-late second round pick for the best rebounding defender in the league? Really? That’s like turning turds to gold (obviously I don’t believe Richards and Noble are turds but you get my point)
How do people not get how good the bloke is? It’s like they only watch Collingwood games.

Not if we have to throw in that future 1st.

How do people not get how good the bloke is? It’s like they only watch Collingwood games.
No idea. But not wanting to give up 1 ok player, 1 fringe player and a lottery ticket for the best player in the league by position is bonkers.

Not if we have to throw in that future 1st.
I missed that, but even with the future first in there it’s still a relatively good deal from our end. I’m not sure you understand how good Huston is tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back