List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny's digit is well and truly extracted - we couldn't have asked for more from him this year.

JFN had every right to sook it up last year but chose to work harder.

Stringer is meeting other clubs because he doesn't like the level of accountability that Scott is demanding.

That's an entirely possible scenario.
That’s what makes it so funny. It’s obviously a pisstake that I’ve written up but there’s every chance it could actually happen too, right down to the psychotic Melbourne supporters making conspiracy theories about Moore intentionally nearly killing Trac in order to lure him to the pies 😂

Thought I might add my 2 cents on how we should go about this off season and our list. Trying to be as realistic as possible.

Trades:
Pies Give: John Noble
Suns Give: Pick 20

Pies Give: Joe Richards and Pick 48
Port Give: Pick 37 and Future 3rd Pick (2025)

Pies Give: Ash Johnson and Pick 37 (from Port for Richards)
Crows Give: Mark Keane

Pies Give: Pick 32
Bombers Give: Ben Hobbs (Hopefully he requests a trade to us)

With pick 20 draft a key position forward (ideally one of the Whitlock brothers)

Try trade Reef McInnes for future 3rd and 4th round (2025) picks next year to get points for McGuane. If a deal can’t get done give Reef a rookie contract.

If Suns delist Alex Davies try recruit him as a delisted free agent

If Saints delist Jack Hayes try recruit him as a delisted free agent

Keep Long, Dean and Bytel all on the rookie list for another year

Give Kreuger a 1 year deal

Delist: Sullivan and Eyre

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought I might add my 2 cents on how we should go about this off season and our list. Trying to be as realistic as possible.

Trades:

With pick 20 draft a key position forward (ideally one of the Whitlock brothers)

Try trade Reef McInnes for future 3rd and 4th round (2025) picks next year to get points for McGuane. If a deal can’t get done give Reef a rookie contract.

Nice work 👍

Trades:

Davies is contracted. Hayes is no good. Long and Bytel should be delisted before Sullivan and Eyre.

Davies is contracted. Hayes is no good. Long and Bytel should be delisted before Sullivan and Eyre.
Davies is OOC, but suns have offered him a 2 year extension so they wont delist him. Either he gets traded or he re-signs.

Trades:

Rather Peatling over Hobbs

I flat out don’t rate Hobbs and don’t see a need for Johnson if Adelaide are chasing Lukocious.

Welcome Nickorules36 don’t let my comments above bother you they’re more about the players involved than your post which was as decent a first up post as you’ll see. The only problem I had with it is that for all those moves we upgrade one position for 2025. Is that enough with how we went in 2024?

I flat out don’t rate Hobbs and don’t see a need for Johnson if Adelaide are chasing Lukocious.

Welcome Nickorules36 don’t let my comments above bother you they’re more about the players involved than your post which was as decent a first up post as you’ll see. The only problem I had with it is that for all those moves we upgrade one position for 2025. Is that enough with how we went in 2024?

Crows are likely to lose Himmelberg to the Giants. I know Tex got a 1 year contract but I doubt he plays more than 10-15 games and it is probably his last year. I think they’ll definitely consider taking Johnson to add to their Key Position stocks because they’re losing Keane and Himmelberg, and the rest of their key position players are regularly injured.

I feel Hobbs showed during 2023 he is AFL standard as an inside Mid that can go forward. I see him as a long term recruit with the uncertainty around Tom Mitchell and how many years he has left. I’d say Peatling is probably the safer bet out of the 2 but I can see him staying at the Giants now that he is in the side and Ward is towards the end of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows are likely to lose Himmelberg to the Giants. I know Tex got a 1 year contract but I doubt he plays more than 10-15 games and it is probably his last year. I think they’ll definitely consider taking Johnson to add to their Key Position stocks because they’re losing Keane and Himmelberg, and the rest of their key position players are regularly injured.

I feel Hobbs showed during 2023 he is AFL standard as an inside Mid that can go forward. I see him as a long term recruit with the uncertainty around Tom Mitchell and how many years he has left. I’d say Peatling is probably the safer bet out of the 2 but I can see him staying at the Giants now that he is in the side and Ward is towards the end of his career.

Himmelberg is one they won’t look to “replace” he’s just another body on their list. They have Welsh coming this draft as well on top of an already stacked tall group so adding Johnson and re-contracting Tex is surplus when Johnson also be gone post 2025.

Hobbs is a plodder that can’t run out of sight on a foggy day. There’s nothing about his game that distinguishes him from Macrae so when he comes in and is clearly behind Mitchell, Allan, Macrae and Demattia there’s not much scope to earn another contract.

Peatling is definitely the safer bet because unlike Hobbs he’s played some decent footy and isn’t relevant due to his draft number. My observation is he’s late in signing if he intends to stay.

Trades:

Good summary 👌

Himmelberg is one they won’t look to “replace” he’s just another body on their list. They have Welsh coming this draft as well on top of an already stacked tall group so adding Johnson and re-contracting Tex is surplus when Johnson also be gone post 2025.

Hobbs is a plodder that can’t run out of sight on a foggy day. There’s nothing about his game that distinguishes him from Macrae so when he comes in and is clearly behind Mitchell, Allan, Macrae and Demattia there’s not much scope to earn another contract.

Peatling is definitely the safer bet because unlike Hobbs he’s played some decent footy and isn’t relevant due to his draft number. My observation is he’s late in signing if he intends to stay.

I have to disagree on the Hobbs comparison to Macrae. Hobbs showed in 2023 when he was given genuine midfield minutes at AFL level that he was willing to put his head over the ball. When he got genuine midfield minutes, his clearance numbers, contested possessions and pressure was good considering his time spent as a midfielder. Hobbs showed that he has a competitive nature and gets aggressive, although it does mean he gives a few free kicks away but it shows that he has that edge. It’s that side of him that I think separates him from Macrae as he lacks those qualities. I think it will be a great get if we can manage to get him and he’d thrive as a midfielder at the pies.

Petracca saga over - from a trade perspective at least - thankfully!

Trades:

You could be proven to be correct and entitled to your opinion.

Most of those deals, we come out second best.

1. Why are we excited about an Essendon (a team that finished below us) VFL player nominating us?

2. We need morein return for Joe Richards.

3. Given the mass exodus from Tigerland - I would maybe shop McInnes and Johnson to them.

But overall they are just rats and mice trades. It does not really shift the dial. Maybe our VFL team gets stronger?

Glad the Petracca talk is done now

Was a fantasy that distracted from the prospects that are actually attainable with the pies cap space and draft hand

Secondly, as good as Petracca is I’d rather the club recruit midfielders under 25 so demographics don’t collapse once the 30+ crowd gradually retire over the next few years

Glad the Petracca talk is done now

Was a fantasy that distracted from the prospects that are actually attainable with the pies cap space and draft hand

Secondly, as good as Petracca is I’d rather the club recruit midfielders under 25 so demographics don’t collapse once the 30+ crowd gradually retire over the next few years

Why do you believe we have limited cap space?

And if we were limited in salary cap then -

1. If Ash Johnson is on anything above the minimum then you salary dump him.

2. Ditto Finlay Macrae.

You then have Parker, Dean, Markov, Sullivan, Ryan (who will leave), Steene, Jiath, Smit, De Mattia on minimum or close to.

Trades:

More wishful thinking than realistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back