List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Suns are likely bringing in Rioli and Noble... we have been linked with Davies, who I feel is worth a crack though no certainty to make it. Anyone else among the fringe players at the Suns that has some upside that could be pushed further down by the two coming in?

So the Suns are likely bringing in Rioli and Noble... we have been linked with Davies, who I feel is worth a crack though no certainty to make it. Anyone else among the fringe players at the Suns that has some upside that could be pushed further down by the two coming in?

I like Davies as weel. Why cant Noble and a late pick for Davies and pick 20, or something like that?

Those dirty grubs can't keep their hands off our players. I liked it better when Geelong was a shit place to live

yeah we certainly owe them some sort of stitch-up at the trade table. Maybe us chasing Holmes hard earlier this year forced them to pay more than they wanted to? I hope so.

It was pretty low/clever of them when they were chasing Ollie Henry to trade out their future second, i think it was, to ensure they could not trade their future first, which would have been a reasonable price for a talented kid drafted in the first round. I wonder if they are planning the same sort of thing in their trading for Bailey Smith. I really hope the Dogs make them pay a proper price (future first at least).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is that not every player reaches the same level at an early age but they still reach the level. Just because he hasn't reached your expectations at 19 does not mean that he wont make it.

True but I guess the question is, if he makes it what level will it be?

Or is a player like Jiath going to go straight past him?

My point is that not every player reaches the same level at an early age but they still reach the level. Just because he hasn't reached your expectations at 19 does not mean that he wont make it.
This has less to do with my expectations of him than it has to do with my observations as to what type of player he is, and a Langdon intercept marking type, it’s pretty clear he ain’t.

Khamis struggles as a defender? There was one game at Marvel where his opponent was the main target (can't remember which game).

I thought he was meant to be better as a forward?

Would much prefer quality like the Hawks are bringing in.

He’d be amazing as 3rd man up/peeling off/in Howe’s role

I think it's pretty clear why we'd take Ryan over Cowan. Weakness of the latter was listed as his tank, a strength for Ryan. Our drafting has prioritised aerobic capacity and pace over the last few years so Ryan made more sense.

Ryan looked good early but struggled a bit this year. He's far from a write off. His marking ability and aerobic capacity will mean he's likely to be a player. We've been strong with half back selections, so I'd be quite confident that he makes it.
& all of that all sounds great, but facts are that Cowan is now a regular in a finals playing side. And Ryan has slipped below two more first year players for a HBF role…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back