List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A slight point to clarify.

It's not necessarily about AFL teams worse than us.

It's more that some of these players are VFL players in those teams.

Unless they have a nailed on defined role then I don't see the point. Surely we can do better.
Is Wright a VFL player? It’s only the preference to play Caddy that has made him superfluous and not that he’s no longer up to it.
In my previous example using Philips, NM’s midfield is overstacked with high quality, and again I don’t think it’s a question of him not being AFL standard.
Of course there are many other examples that fit your view, and hopefully the Club is discerning enough to recognize them.

Good article today about Stringer. Stating he is only on $400K and he had a comparable season to Stengle who was AA and better season than Toby Greene who is on $1m. Indicated Essendon's risk of lowballing him may come back to hurt them in a big way

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
By what metric did he have a better season than Greene? Looking at their numbers Greene (who had a down year has him covered in almost every area.

Is Wright a VFL player? It’s only the preference to play Caddy that has made him superfluous and not that he’s no longer up to it.
In my previous example using Philips, NM’s midfield is overstacked with high quality, and again I don’t think it’s a question of him not being AFL standard.
Of course there are many other examples that fit your view, and hopefully the Club is discerning enough to recognize them.

He was an emergency for the last 2 games of the year? I look up his name in the VFL team and he is there?

So yes he is a VFL player?

I was on his bandwagon when the suns moved him and he still has some good footy in him.

in 2021 he kicked 29 goals and 208 hit outs. Wright and Mcstay make Cox redundant.

he kicked 53 in 2022 when he stayed home and didnt ruck.

if he is fit he's a pretty handy player.

Then he’s gone downhill as so many talls do at his age to the stage he got dropped after kicking 19 goals the last 2 seasons.

Our best CHF of the last 40 years also had his best year at around 25-26, by 29 he was a VFL player and delisted by second club at 30.

Much like Tom Lynch, they’d have been nice when they moved, but not now…

Then he’s gone downhill as so many talls do at his age to the stage he got dropped after kicking 19 goals the last 2 seasons.

Our best CHF of the last 40 years also had his best year at around 25-26, by 29 he was a VFL player and delisted by second club at 30.

Much like Tom Lynch, they’d have been nice when they moved, but not now…
Reading the Bombers board, they seem to think Wright has lost his confidence, lacked courage since his suspension.

Who out there is available that’s better than 2MP?

Fair question.

Who is available - that part I am not sure.

I think Thilthorpe has signed on but since his return from injury, he looks like a new player. Been super impressed.

I mentioned it previously but the Dogs are stacked with talls. Is there someone in their VFL system who is genuine not getting a game because superstars are ahead of him? If I was a recruiter that is the club I would be sniffing around. Might be able to shake one free.

Hayden Maclean is another - local boy. Used to be a big fan of his, mainly because of his work ethic. Not sure how he has performed this season but it's seems like McDonald will be the main man with Amartey.

And the other player who is not a forward but I would love at Collingwood is Hinge from Adelaide.

Just had a thought as to how the Petracca saga may be played out, or if I was the pies how it would be approached.
Let’s assume Trac has his heart set on Collingwood and nobody else.
Obviously it won’t happen this year for obvious reasons.
What if we told him to go back for one more season to the Dees, next year we have better draft capital, a much much lighter salary cap with Howe, Steele and possibly Pendles all leaving and being a year older Trac’s trade value slightly less dependent on performance next season.

I have a good feeling we have aborted this years pursuit and are going to really orchestrate a plan next year to get him over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a thought as to how the Petracca saga may be played out, or if I was the pies how it would be approached.
Let’s assume Trac has his heart set on Collingwood and nobody else.
Obviously it won’t happen this year for obvious reasons.
What if we told him to go back for one more season to the Dees, next year we have better draft capital, a much much lighter salary cap with Howe, Steele and possibly Pendles all leaving and being a year older Trac’s trade value slightly less dependent on performance next season.

I have a good feeling we have aborted this years pursuit and are going to really orchestrate a plan next year to get him over.
And what if trade next years 1st rounder into this year, and next year, because of the 2/4 year rule, we can only trade 1 first rounder (2026) while he still have 4 years to run on his contract?

Depends where we see ourselves next year
We may decide to go younger.

By what metric did he have a better season than Greene? Looking at their numbers Greene (who had a down year has him covered in almost every area.
I can't remember off the top of my head. It was a HS articke. He was being compared to Stengle and Greene who both played predominantly as forwards, so probably goals.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Corey Gault retired from his WAFL club due to concussion issues at the end of 2022 - he might be over the concussion by now. Excellent state league ruck, who can chop out up forward. Already knows Pendles and Sidey. Might have even worked with Fy. It'd be a free hit. Thoughts?
The bar has been lifted right there. Don’t forget to drop your 🎤

And what if trade next years 1st rounder into this year, and next year, because of the 2/4 year rule, we can only trade 1 first rounder (2026) while he still have 4 years to run on his contract?

McGuane would count under that rule. Not to mention we’d have taken 1st rounders in 22-25 if we trade into the 1st Rd of this draft.

Absolute bargain! He’s the best young KPP in the league and I’d go as high as $15m to lock him in effectively through his 20’s.
It's hard to go past Darcy atm but I think Mac will overtake him. Dear from hawthorn will also be up there over the next few years. Be nice to have one of those guys

How is the 2/4 rule going to be relevant? Assuming we trade our future first in to this year:
2021: Daicos
2022: Ed Allan
2023: Harry DeMattia
2024: ???
2025: Tom McGuane

We won’t have missed a first rounder for 5 years by next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back