List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I posted before. Howe seems pretty excited about the Tassie team, as most Tasmanian footy fans are.
There's some DH's down here saying the money for the stadium should be used on medical upgrades, I've told them, that stadium money is only for the stadium, if the stadium isn't built, that money disappears, it won't be used for anything else in the state as it's separate to the state budget. They still don't get it.
No offence, but seems like a lot of people down there are a bit backward. If you want your city to move on with the times, stuff like this needs to happen. Gotta get with the times.
They want the team but not stadium, when they go hand in hand.
Doesn't mean there shouldn't be money for other things as well though. Its not one or the other.

No offence, but seems like a lot of people down there are a bit backward. If you want your city to move on with the times, stuff like this needs to happen. Gotta get with the times.
Doesn't mean there shouldn't be money for other things as well though. Its not one or the other.
Compared to other states, about average, just more laid back. It's the greenies and woke gays from what I've noticed. Most want it and understand that it will create jobs. Some are just plain thick. The majority wins.

Compared to other states, about average, just more laid back. It's the greenies and woke gays from what I've noticed. Most want it and understand that it will create jobs. Some are just plain thick. The majority wins.
So what happens when the Tassie team starts , where will your heart belong , pies or devils ?

:oops: :think: :oops: :think: :rolleyes:

The down side to our team is, the Tasmanian guns like Howe, his son can choose Tassie or Collingwood as a F/S as like Riewoldts son etc.
Why on earth would Howes kid choose to go to a state that he didn’t grow up in just because his dad did?

Unless a player moves back to Tassie (unlikely as their partners are usually Victorian) I think TAS will be pushing their luck getting any of those types of FS to nominate them.

That's what I posted before. Howe seems pretty excited about the Tassie team, as most Tasmanian footy fans are.
There's some DH's down here saying the money for the stadium should be used on medical upgrades, I've told them, that stadium money is only for the stadium, if the stadium isn't built, that money disappears, it won't be used for anything else in the state as it's separate to the state budget. They still don't get it.
But their point still stands. That money does exist and medical and hospital upgrades are always an important issue, as well as education.
Seem sport is impotanterer.

But their point still stands. That money does exist and medical and hospital upgrades are always an important issue, as well as education.
Seem sport is impotanterer.
Not really. There would have already been money allocated to medical/hospitals from state and federal budgets. If you take the attitude of “that money could have been used for hospitals” for anything sport or recreation or anything else really then nothing else would get done.

It’s not about sport being more important, it’s about a balance of funding that’s best for the community and economy as a whole.

Not really. There would have already been money allocated to medical/hospitals from state and federal budgets. If you take the attitude of “that money could have been used for hospitals” for anything sport or recreation or anything else really then nothing else would get done.

It’s not about sport being more important, it’s about a balance of funding that’s best for the community and economy as a whole.
Indeed. But even as a small example, a wander through a kids cancer ward will make sport and new stadiums seem like a pretty unimportant matter when there’s not enough staff, equipment or help available for families and seeing those kids.
There are even things not available in this country because they are ‘cost prohibitive’.
But I understand budgeting needs and the development of society as a whole. Bit harsh to think people affected by that don’t see it as money that could be spent elsewhere though. Calling them DH’s is pretty offensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could turn Noble into Houston, I think that’s a huge win.

Pies: Houston

GC: Noble & pick 32

Port: Richards, Lukosous, Pies F1 & Pick 26.

I feel like that’s fair. GCS gaining Noble & Pick 32 while losing Lukosous & pick 26 probably the only pointy matter.

......Doesn't mean there shouldn't be money for other things as well though. Its not one or the other.
Budget $ and resources (eg labour) are not unlimited - choices between projects may be required - "opportunity cost".

Vic labour govt. cancelled the Cwealth games because of forced choice due to budget pressure (whether they should have bid for them in the first place is another thing)

They have a big question ahead re the SRL.

.....There's some DH's down here saying the money for the stadium should be used on medical upgrades, I've told them, that stadium money is only for the stadium, if the stadium isn't built, that money disappears, it won't be used for anything else in the state as it's separate to the state budget. They still don't get it.
The money can't "disappear" - it might be reallocated..
There's not an infinite supply of money and the resources required to build the stadium.

Choices are required as to how best to allocate the scarce resources - the competing interests are all valid - is there a business case that establishes that the AFL stadium provides the best overall outcome for Tasmania compared to other possible projects?

Houston staying put though isn’t he?

We're not 100% sure if he has said that before or after we (and whoever else) have spoken to him.

I'm thinking it was probably industry-wide knowledge that Houston was going to Melbourne and thus everyone had conceded to the fact. But since their implosion he has pulled out of it, meaning others have since asked the question.

We typically seem to only approach players on a needs basis - as opposed to Carlton and Essendon in recent times (they seem to just find out a player is leaving and go pokemon "gotta catch em all" style) - but the fact Noble is going and Houston is a gun makes this a moot point.

On the other hand I'd wonder how far out Houston had told Port that he was looking at getting out? Have they factored in his departure before approaching Richards (relatively low wage) and Lukosius?

Cheers Jen, appreciated.

We're not 100% sure if he has said that before or after we (and whoever else) have spoken to him.

I'm thinking it was probably industry-wide knowledge that Houston was going to Melbourne and thus everyone had conceded to the fact. But since their implosion he has pulled out of it, meaning others have since asked the question.

We typically seem to only approach players on a needs basis - as opposed to Carlton and Essendon in recent times (they seem to just find out a player is leaving and go pokemon "gotta catch em all" style) - but the fact Noble is going and Houston is a gun makes this a moot point.

On the other hand I'd wonder how far out Houston had told Port that he was looking at getting out? Have they factored in his departure before approaching Richards (relatively low wage) and Lukosius?
Turn JFN into Houston would be fine by me.

If we could turn Noble into Houston, I think that’s a huge win.

GC: Noble & pick 32

Port: Richards, Lukosous, Pies F1 & Pick 26.

I feel like that’s fair. GCS gaining Noble & Pick 32 while losing Lukosous & pick 26 probably the only pointy matter.
I think a Lukociius for Houston give up is about right.
Too the deal up with Richards and a second rounder to GC with us prob about right without us having to give up a F1.

GC: Noble and a 3rd rounder
Port: Lukocious and Richards

GC and Port end up keeping picks that they would use to trade for incoming players.

Would like a F3 from port or GC to come our way, or an upgrade in future picks but would probably settle for Noble and Richards for Houston.

Not sure whether some of these guys are main or rooks list

but there's a fair few I'd delist before Reef (at a minimum, delist & rookie)
  1. Murphy (conc. /retired) - main
  2. Carmichael (conc. /retired) - rookie
  3. Noble (trade) - main
  4. Richards (trade) - rookie
  5. Bytel (delist) - rookie?
  6. Sullivan (delist) - rookie?
  7. Kreuger (delist) - main
  8. AJ (trade or if no takers, delist & rookie)
  9. Long (delist or perhaps another 12 mths depending on chase for Peatling/Davies)
  10. Ryan (delist & rookie) - main, albeit still contracted
  11. Reef (delist & rookie) - main to rookie
Richards is main list. The others look right. Agree with that list. I'd take out Ryan as he's young and has got 2 years left on his contract, but I'd add in Macrae.

But the thing is only Murphy, Noble, Krueger, AJ, Reef, Macrae and Richards (who we've offered a contract to) are on the main list.

So thats 6 potential main list spots until we know what's happening with Richards.
Murphy, Noble, Krueger, AJ, Reef, Macrae.

We need to have 3 vacancies for the draft plus as many vacancies as we recruit.

If we'd signed Reef already, with your delistings/re-rookies we'd be down to 5 potential vacancies and capped at recruiting 2 players during trade week - without pushing out someone else. Plus you'd want to have the option to keep Noble if GC don't offer enough. So at this stage, it'd really only be 1 player we could confidently add in trade week.

Hopefully, he gets another year with us - but if he's as good a prospect as many on here think - he'll be snapped up by someone else - I wouldn't be holding my breath, but think that's a chance.

Last edited:
The down side to our team is, the Tasmanian guns like Howe, his son can choose Tassie or Collingwood as a F/S as like Riewoldts son etc.
Tasmania is a miserable place in winter.
I think they are going to find it difficult to recruit non-Tasmania talent over the long term.

So many more appealing states to be in during winter for young guys.

I still think the appeal of Gold Coast/Brisbane will keep growing stronger. The transformation of the city of Brisbane over recent years has been unbelievable. Throw in the weather and it becomes very competitive in luring talent.

The money can't "disappear" - it might be reallocated..
There's not an infinite supply of money and the resources required to build the stadium.

Choices are required as to how best to allocate the scarce resources - the competing interests are all valid - is there a business case that establishes that the AFL stadium provides the best overall outcome for Tasmania compared to other possible projects?
Nail hit head. To my way of seeing the stadium issue in Tasmania is that the AFL put a loaded gun to the head of Tasmania and said it’s this way or Nada. To suggest it’s green or woke gay (whatever that means) misses the point and is simply sloganeering and trivialising.
I love footy, I’m nether gay nor green but the AFL leadership have behaved like privileged single sex private school bullies (hang on a minute they are). The issues are more complex than that & the allocation of scarce resources to a state which in economic terms does not have much going for it needs to be carefully considered.
The lure of job creation can vanish like shiny beads and blankets to the unsuspecting. Yes, the monorail; what could go wrong? 😉

Attachments

• 1725405546471.gif
    1725405546471.gif
    330.6 KB · Views: 15

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back