List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies spoken to Cumberland (reported) and Stringer, I'm surprised we haven't reached out to Membery.

Sounds like that 3rd type tall we are after.

I agree.
Here in Istanbul the avg temp is slightly cooler than Melb in the winter and we get the occasional small amount of snow, however the cold in Melbourne seems to go straight through you.
Even though the winters here are slightly cooler it doesn't seem anywhere as cold as a Melbourne winter.
Harden the **** up!

The news flow has definitely quietened this week hasn't it. Anyone would think there's actually finals footy on this weekend.
Its been boring I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow night lol

I actually think Cumberland has untapped potential if he can get his attitude right and do the work.

He looked promising in 2022 with 19.13 goals from 9 AFL games.

His past 4 VFL performances against us have netter 20 disposals 5.3, 16 disposals 2.3, 16 disposals 2.2, 11 disposals 2.4.

Leppitsch and Fly would have seen him up close during their time at Richmond.

If they saw something and he costs bugger all then I'm not against him filling one of the final spots on our list.

If he's out of contract he'll be a DFA.
I actually think he has the scope to play inside midfield, I wouldn't mind picking him up as a rookie of he's delisted.

We shouldn't be trading a future first unless we're getting a player worth a top 5 pick in return, because at this point with our list profile, we have to consider a drop off is imminent.

I'm not saying that we don't be aggressive in making moves to improve the team, but I would just put a cap on what we're willing to trade out that doesn't include a future first round pick.
Usually I would agree with this, however, McGuane might be that top 5 pick.

This draft is apparently strong. The last one like this 2017 had Sam taylor, Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan, Tim Kelly, Tom De Koning, Noah Balta and Brent Daniels all go in the 20s.

So 2-3 players from our 2025 1st round in this draft plus McGuane might be better for us longer term.

I think we want as many picks as we can in the top 30-35 of this draft as well as the top 50.

We have a team that can win a flag with the improvement to come around likes of Jiath, Allan, Dean, Parker and maybe 1-2 fringe players like Peatling/Davies that fit both an immediate and long term need with age profile.

Condon if he comes is like a 1st rounder. It really is building a team that can take over from our 11 plus 30's that can continue on competing.

next year's first will be used on McGuane so better to swap it into this years draft.
No, we can always trade out of next year's draft and into the following years draft once we actually know the value of what we're trading.

If we have a bad year next year it's not inconceivable that our first pick could be before McGuane gets bid on.

I actually think he has the scope to play inside midfield, I wouldn't mind picking him up as a rookie of he's delisted.
I loved Cumberland when he started but i question whether he is a tease that is not coachable enough to make it to the next level maybe like a former Collingwood/Richmond player Terry Keays. Brisbane could have bid on him and didnt match it. So this would sort of be his 3rd rather than 2nd AFL club. As a rookie/SSP he has a lot of value to top up the list.

I’m neither here nor there with Cumberland because his issues look to me to be between the ears, but both Leppa and Fly coached him in the bubble so I’ll back their judgement over the BF masses. IMO, his skillset relative to cost offers much more than the likes of Long, Bytel and Sullivan. I also wouldn’t rule the move out as cover for Noble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m neither here nor there with Cumberland because his issues look to me to be between the ears, but both Leppa and Fly coached him in the bubble so I’ll back their judgement over the BF masses. IMO, his skillset relative to cost offers much more than the likes of Long, Bytel and Sullivan. I also wouldn’t rule the move out as cover for Noble.
Yeah, good point about the inside knowledge.
Also, maybe he's the type that will benefit from a change-of-scenery kick up the arse.

The news flow has definitely quietened this week hasn't it. Anyone would think there's actually finals footy on this weekend.

Finals start so Media will Concentrate more on those then Trade Talk/Rumors

I actually think Cumberland has untapped potential if he can get his attitude right and do the work.

He looked promising in 2022 with 19.13 goals from 9 AFL games.

His past 4 VFL performances against us have netter 20 disposals 5.3, 16 disposals 2.3, 16 disposals 2.2, 11 disposals 2.4.

Leppitsch and Fly would have seen him up close during their time at Richmond.

If they saw something and he costs bugger all then I'm not against him filling one of the final spots on our list.

If he's out of contract he'll be a DFA.

Played only 6 games at senior level for the club that won the wooden spoon....🤔

He would only help improve our VFL side slightly, so not sure about him being anywhere near our senior list...

Played only 6 games at senior level for the club that won the wooden spoon....🤔

He would only help improve our VFL side slightly, so not sure about him being anywhere near our senior list...
Got a few Tigers mates. Yes, sadly so. But they reckon we can have him for free that’s the calibre of player they rate him as.

At least throw in a first round pick as a gesture of good will for us to unclog your list.

I'd pass on Cumberland. Seems to be Petrucelle with Jaidyn Stephenson work ethic

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back