List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was that for? Yarragon?
South Melbourne.
Played in the 1945 grand final. Otherwise known as the Blood Bath. They held it at princes park, as because of post war stuff they couldn't use the MCG

What would Ginnivan be worth these days on the open market? A post on the main board for top 40 players under 24 has him listed. We have the one and only Nick D at number 1. Nothing else

Love him or hate him he can play. Pretty annoying we gave him away for free to a side that’s getting stronger.
I'd have McCreery rated higher as an under 23 - but htink Ginni without baggage should be worth a pick in the second round. I thik he'll have a solid career.

There would be players staying at home and getting on the piss the day before a final. they don't have to get blind drunk but they drink. I just don't see the big deal if he goes to the pub to unwind before a big final.
As FD tell you. It goes from Mick having a counter meal with his GF having a few squashes, to Mick being at the pub drinking, to Mick being drunk, to Mick being locked up. If you lose it becomes: “no wonder, half the team were on the grog last night, got released from gaol just hours before the game.”

Nor what sponsors or volunteers want to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Melbourne.
Played in the 1945 grand final. Otherwise known as the Blood Bath. They held it at princes park, as because of post war stuff they couldn't use the MCG

The only time Jack Dyer got suspended was for striking Jock Jr who had attended a wedding before the game(against his father’s instructions) and, as was the way in those days, had to fast before the sacrament. A few beers were had on an empty stomach then off to the footy.

Dyer said he won the fight but left out the fact that both players copped 4 weeks.

McHale Jr maintained that Dyer’s later dementia was proof of who hit harder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is an absolute monty to evolve into news that sources close to both clubs have said that Collingwood and Melbourne are both chasing Darling's signature on a 4 year deal by the time we get to AFL trade radio, after probably having passed back and forth through Ralphy's and Little Tommy Morris' hands a few times first.

Last edited:
The whole Collingwood desperately need a key position forward is rubbish.

Would it be nice, absolutely.

I'm not sure we have played 1 game with Checkers, Mcstay, Elliott, McCreery, Schultz and Hill all in the same team.

Pies need a defender to help Moore not be exposed every week.

That's our biggest need.

Last edited:
This is an absolute monty to evolve into a news that sources close to both clubs have said that Collingwood and Melbourne are both chasing Darling's signature on a 4 year deal by the time we get to AFL trade radio, after probably having passed back and forth through Ralphy's and Little Tommy Morris' hands a few times first.

it's a playing coaching role.... he will oversea the younger players's education into how to stiff the club and how to freeze in the goal square and drop easy marks

Top 100 Highest AFL Salaries listed in today's Herald Sun
1. Tom Lynch $1.4-$1.5m (heavily back-ended as first several years was only earning $500k)
2. Ben McKay (Ess) $1.3 - $1.4m
3. D. Martin $1.3m
4. C. Petracca $1.3m
5. S. Bolton $1.1m
6. C. Oliver $1.1m
7. M. Bontempelli $1m-$1.1m
B. Grundy $1m-$1.1m
T. Kelly $1m-$1.1m
P. Cripps $1m-$1.1m
I. Heeney $1m-$1.1m
12. J. Cameron $950k-$1.1m
13. D. Moore $950k-$1.05m

I'm not sure we have played 1 game with Checkers, Mcstay, Elliott, McCreery, Schultz and Hill all in the same team.

That's our bugged need.
I would like to draft an 18yo key forward to be ready post McStsy and Checkers
In terms of trade targets , a mid like Peatling and Davies plus a tall defender

That's our bugged need.
I think it's runners.

Sidey has gotten too old for the wing (was excellent in a run with role in the midifeld at the end). WHE was needed up forward. Markov was off with the fairies. Crisp and Pendles were needed full time in the midfield. It left us with Bytel playing wing and guys like Sullivan and finn playing flanks.Plus Lippa and IQ were out of form for patches and Noble has some shockers. That was our weakness this year, defending and attacking the outside.

Top 100 Highest AFL Salaries listed in today's Herald Sun
1. Tom Lynch $1.4-$1.5m (heavily back-ended as first several years was only earning $500k)
2. Ben McKay (Ess) $1.3 - $1.4m
3. D. Martin $1.3m
4. C. Petracca $1.3m
5. S. Bolton $1.1m
6. C. Oliver $1.1m
7. M. Bontempelli $1m-$1.1m
B. Grundy $1m-$1.1m
T. Kelly $1m-$1.1m
P. Cripps $1m-$1.1m
I. Heeney $1m-$1.1m
12. J. Cameron $950k-$1.1m
13. D. Moore $950k-$1.05m
Nice to see we are the only idiots paying a Mill for a defender.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What. The. Actual.
His deal was heavily front loaded, he’ll be earning less than half that at the end of his deal. (Still never deserved a contract that big in the first place tho)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back