List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is when you go best available you need to make sure they are, or as close to best available.
Hines record with early picks is terrible, and consistently over 10 plus years.
You are correct. I just looked at the 2020 Draft when we chose Henry (no longer at the club), Fin McRae (still to show anything that would convince one that he will become a regular AFL player), Reef McInnes (whereby the same applies to him as McRae), Liam McMahon (desisted) & one other whose name escapes me.
That's a big reason why we need fresh eyes in recruiting. We are picking a lot of flops
You are correct. I just looked at the 2020 Draft for example when we chose Henry (no longer at the club), Fin McRae (still to show anything that would convince one that he will become a regular AFL player), Reef McInnes (whereby the same applies to him as McRae), Caleb Poulter (delisted & now playing at another club) & Liam McMahon (delisted). I think that apart from Henry, it was a pretty poor selection of draftees in my opinion.

I wonder if we get a bit of a deal going between us, GC and the Tigers? With Noble and Rioli both nominating GC as their target destinations, and the glut of picks the suns and tigers have - maybe getting involved in the deal can see us net a pick/s a bit higher than just dealing 1-to-1 with the suns by involving our later selections (or dare I say 2025 draft picks).

If I'm the suns, I'm already getting worried about the noise around what the media/Richmond are blowing Rioli's "worth" out to. Get another party to the table, changes the dynamic of the discussion and limits the chances of a "Lachie Weller" type scenario occurring again for the suns.

You are correct. I just looked at the 2020 Draft for example when we chose Henry (no longer at the club), Fin McRae (still to show anything that would convince one that he will become a regular AFL player), Reef McInnes (whereby the same applies to him as McRae), Caleb Poulter (delisted & now playing at another club) & Liam McMahon (delisted). I think that apart from Henry, it was a pretty poor selection of draftees in my opinion.
With Reef. He had been in our system since he was 15, so they got a good look at him and played pretty well at school and oakleigh. Was touted as a top 20 pick, and when you can get basically free access to those type of players with attributes he has, you take them. We were even prepared to a match a top 10 pick, thats how much they wanted him. For whatever reason. Injury, fitness or other things that has yet to be the player we all hope he could be.

Just googled who that is , what a beast
You’re pretty lucky not to have lived through Wes’ career.
Would have been a whipping boy for sure.

If it was us he'd say so given both clubs aren't in finals

Which means he's going to Geelong
Or seeing if we could come up with a deal to satisfy the Dogs, there’s still a lot to play out.

I am not expecting him to be playing with us next year but he’d look better in Black & White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee

Calm down and take a breath
Ginnivan is clearly better than Richards Harrison.
You can go on until the cows come home about last year but this year he’s looking very complete and fit
He walks into our side this year if he was still on list
Not on last years attitude and form he doesn’t.
But he chose to leave Collingwood so why contemplate it.

Gee

Calm down and take a breath
Ginnivan is clearly better than Richards Harrison.
You can go on until the cows come home about last year but this year he’s looking very complete and fit
He walks into our side this year if he was still on list
I disagree, simply because the game styles are very different.

Hawks he is more free and able to move up the ground. Wouldn’t be getting anywhere near that much ball in our forward line.

I see Bailey Smith has requested a trade from the Bulldogs but is yet to nominate a club. I hope Leppitsch is doing some work in the background - would love him at the pies

I see Bailey Smith has requested a trade from the Bulldogs but is yet to nominate a club. I hope Leppitsch is doing some work in the background - would love him at the pies

Can't see us getting Trade Done as without a 1st Round Pick we would need to Trade 1 of our Better Players

With Reef. He had been in our system since he was 15, so they got a good look at him and played pretty well at school and oakleigh. Was touted as a top 20 pick, and when you can get basically free access to those type of players with attributes he has, you take them. We were even prepared to a match a top 10 pick, thats how much they wanted him. For whatever reason. Injury, fitness or other things that has yet to be the player we all hope he could be.
The hype is still going on about him on this board, it’s like there’s a cult around Reef and it’s never his fault for being dropped and he just needs another pre season. Never seen such an average player get so much love and average player is being generous as he doesn’t even dominate the VFL. It’s time to say goodbye

“I’m told he went into some detail about why he wanted to be traded, and the reasons and the motivations for wanting out, there’s lots of scuttlebutt about those, perhaps those reasons will become more concrete in time.

“He didn’t however request a club, Bailey Smith. That club will be Geelong.

“He’s 23, played 103 games, recovering from a knee reconstruction of course, the Dogs revealed the news in a statement, saying “given his immense talent, his age and his proven ability to influence games, the club will work diligently to ensure it is fairly compensated throughout the process.

“So, this is where Geelong’s first round pick comes into it. As it stands, they have got pick 16 but, there’s father-sons, there’s academy bids to come, maybe Josh Battle compensation for St Kilda in the top end as well, so that Cats first rounder could be pushed further back, certainly into the 20’s if they win the premiership.

“Will that be enough for the Western Bulldogs? Will that have to be enough for the Western Bulldogs given Bailey Smith is out of contract and has all the leverage?”

Although it was apparent that several clubs were interested in Smith’s services, Geelong will be the landing place for the young midfielder for reasons beyond the finances.

“It’s been Geelong in the box seat for the better part of 18 months,” Edmund continued.

“I see no reason that that has shifted. We know that Hawthorn have got other priorities in terms of (Tom) Barrass, (Josh) Battle and the like.

“I am told though that it’s not huge money, that basically any other club could fit him in so it’s not a money decision from Bailey Smith at all.

“There’s a bit of lifestyle in there, there’s a bit of football programming in there as well I understand.

“He was out of contract at the Western Bulldogs who would have surely offered him a long-term deal as well.

“Don’t pretend to know the length of the contract at the Cats or anything else at the Cats but it will be a long-term one for sure.”

Oh for sure. Which is why dogs would want more than Geelong's 1st pick, would be a few more picks thrown in. But prob not to the extent of 2 1sts.

But Johnny has the benefit of being under contract. And some say pick 20 is hopeful as it is.
20 is very wishful thinking. As are the picks quoted for Richards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back