List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

When he first joined Essendon he told the weight and condition coaches that he doesn't do a whole lot of heavy weights because he puts on to much size.

They kind of laughed it off and made him do the heavy weights program.

From memory he put on like 9 kgs in 3 months and had to pull him back as he got to big.

He does struggle with weight and manages it like alot of AFL players, 2nd and 3rd efforts are what let him down.
He doesn't seem to manage his weight particularly well. For an AFL footballer, he is in sloppy shape. Carries far too much weight and would undoubtedly be a better, less injured player, if he wasn't carrying around excess useless adipose tissue.

"Struggle with weight" for an AFL footballer = lack of discipline. It's a pretty simple equation. Don't eat so much.

To be honest, the constant badgering on Jake Stringer has been really disappointing.

Body shaming anyone is not ok. Anyone who does so should pull their head in.

He would be a great addition to our side, very dangerous up forward and would work really well with our current setup. Could honestly see him slot in really well with the likes of McStay, Mihocek, Elliott, Schultz, Hill and McCreery.

Have some bursts in the middle as well. If he comes relatively cheap and we are having a crack at a flag with this list I am all for it.

For the draft capital that Houston would cost, I would rather pass.
JD looked good at HB late in the season.
Get Ed up on a wing.

Trade next years first to Richmond for one of their many firsts they will have this year.
Either trade points and JFN to GC to get back into the first round, or use the picks to get some "younger" midfield help for Nick.

Everyone says we need forwards, we need backmen.

What we need is some midfield help for Nick, so as he can be the best player he can be and not get burnt out before his time.

To be honest, the constant badgering on Jake Stringer has been really disappointing.

He would be a great addition to our side, very dangerous up forward and would work really well with our current setup. Could honestly see him slot in really well with the likes of McStay, Mihocek, Elliott, Schultz, Hill and McCreery.

Have some bursts in the middle as well. If he comes relatively cheap and we are having a crack at a flag with this list I am all for it.
To be honest, get a grip. It isn't body shaming when its a professional athlete who clearly isn't getting the most out of themselves through a lack of discipline. It's simply commentary on that lack of discipline.

For the draft capital that Houston would cost, I would rather pass.
JD looked good at HB late in the season.
Get Ed up on a wing.

Trade next years first to Richmond for one of their many firsts they will have this year.
Either trade points and JFN to GC to get back into the first round, or use the picks to get some "younger" midfield help for Nick.

Everyone says we need forwards, we need backmen.

What we need is some midfield help for Nick, so as he can be the best player he can be and not get burnt out before his time.
If we had Stringer could we maybe play McStay back at times to support Darcy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Wil Parker is someone who could play wing.
He's not super quick (but quick enough), and he has good composure and skills.
He could be a Sidey style winger.
A full preseason should see him develop into at least a very good player.

We should play Ed as a mid.

Aww, man. I was about to make a joke that I've heard he has been enticed by the fact our team has a McRae, Mccreery, Macrae, McStay and McInnes.

I think Wil Parker is someone who could play wing.
He's not super quick (but quick enough), and he has good composure and skills.
He could be a Sidey style winger.
A full preseason should see him develop into at least a very good player.

We should play Ed as a mid.
Yeah I'm looking forward to his first pre-season.

Does it make it right? Should I be racist because other people are?

Pull your head in, all you have done all day is bag the blokes weight.
A bundle of pies supporters better start getting prepared, Jake has been destined our way for a number of weeks as ive indicated earlier. Pending what the Giants might throw at him. You are totally correct if they go three years it might cause Jake to just ponder it.

To be honest, get a grip. It isn't body shaming when its a professional athlete who clearly isn't getting the most out of themselves through a lack of discipline. It's simply commentary on that lack of discipline.
Agreed. I guess it's ageist to not want a 31 year old added to the list too.

He's a professional athlete, so his (lack of) preparedness is worth noting imo.

A bundle of pies supporters better start getting prepared, Jake has been destined our way for a number of weeks as ive indicated earlier. Pending what the Giants might throw at him. You are totally correct if they go three years it might cause Jake to just ponder it.

All be forgiven as soon as he kicks his first goal in black and white..

I reckon a lot more goes into recruiting than that. So while its a good lever, it's not everything. Players have their own reasons choosing elsewhere, or staying.

Maybe im coming from a NBA POV , which is fair might not be transferable. But gosh if i was a young forward or young mid looking at opportunties , Collingwood would be appealing to work with Naicos as a mid or receive lace out hit ups from him for 10 odd years. Likewise Fly as a pretty humble coach

Edit: Also with the appeal of the gaps in our age demographic in those positions

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back