List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange one. Quality person.
IIRC the board over-ruled Matthews, for multiple reasons incl. in part due to the amount of times he had been reported. I felt it had more to do with us sh*tting the bed because of the $$$ involved. We had never, and I feel we still do it to this day, we are not prepared to offer the generational players who could alter our fortunes the $$$. Instead we throw the next level of $$$ like confetti on multiple NQR's such as Jesse White, Quentin Lynch, Clinton Young or Chris Mayne etc.

I had the unfortunate experience of playing on him in the U12's. The first time the ball came down to full forward he jumped on my back (I came up to his waist) and he buried me into 1 foot of mud. Great times....

Watching finals again tonight we need more warriors and a bit more run

EG we lost Murphy Mitchell and De Goey in 2024

And now we have a lot of older guys getting on with the above not likely to get back to what they were either (Murph obviously)

So we are swimming against the tide a bit, we will need to be crafty with trades in the basement bin to have one more crack in 2025. After that though I do think we will need to reload for 2 years and hit the draft

Both teams looked very quick compared to what we showed this year.

Last edited:
In the days where all it took was a signature, rather than draft picks etc, that is just criminally inept. Same with Lockett. Wasn't it suggested that we didn't need him because we had Mark Richardson. :eek:
And Mark Richardson's father was on the board, if I'm recalling correctly.

Spoke to two unrelated Bombers supporters about Stringer.
Both commented on his fitness/weight.
One said you can have him.
The other said, we’d win the Premiership with him.
Bombers supporters are fickle. Know a couple of ppl in the know that and 100% certain Harley Reid is signed, sealed and delivered cause he wants to play with his best mate Caddy.

I was like keep living in dream land boys 😂

Bombers supporters are fickle. Know a couple of ppl in the know that and 100% certain Harley Reid is signed, sealed and delivered cause he wants to play with his best mate Caddy.

I was like keep living in dream land boys 😂
His best mate is actually Watson so Hawthorn probably a bigger chance. I mean who would you rather head to based on potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far too early to judge that. What if TJ turns into a superstar? we stole him from the hawks with pick swaps. You can’t possibly judge a trade after 1 season.
I consider myself a fair judge on talent we already have and this kid has loads of talent.
Not so much at the draft level as I don't watch any of it.
Prefer to wait until we pick up players and than start watching their highlights.
Only ones I've watched pre draft are the father sons.
Namely Daicos, Moore, McGuane

Spoke to two unrelated Bombers supporters about Stringer.
Both commented on his fitness/weight.
One said you can have him.
The other said, we’d win the Premiership with him.
Sometimes all that is required is the right environment….and the bombers quite clearly aren’t that with their loser mentality.

Bring Jake into an elite system and watch what happens.

Wish I liked Stringer more, because as a player he could really work well here.
  • Adds a dangerous, seriously talented goal kicking option
  • Adds a powerful centre square option. Dangerous rotation with De Goey
  • Strong tackling forward
  • Cover as a primary/secondary forward target if Mihocek and/or McStay are missing
  • Cover for De Goey in the middle
We can say he his lazy or unfit, but his performance level is still strong. On field his only weakness may be his run - if so, this could rule him out from our team, but not if he's replacing Cox in the 22 (don't know how this works for rucks).

He helps fill and cover some glaring gaps in our team, so it's hard to dismiss him completely. The main knock is professionalism, though first year at a new club, coming towards the end, competing for a flag, could bring out his best. The other is I just don't like him and can see him getting outsized media attention.

If the club decides to sign him I can get behind it, as it could definitely work from a purely on field outcome, just not one I'm going to be fully in on.

Wish I liked Stringer more, because as a player he could really work well here.
  • Adds a dangerous, seriously talented goal kicking option
  • Adds a powerful centre square option. Dangerous rotation with De Goey
  • Strong tackling forward
  • Cover as a primary/secondary forward target if Mihocek and/or McStay are missing
  • Cover for De Goey in the middle
We can say he his lazy or unfit, but his performance level is still strong. On field his only weakness may be his run - if so, this could rule him out from our team, but not if he's replacing Cox in the 22 (don't know how this works for rucks).

He helps fill and cover some glaring gaps in our team, so it's hard to dismiss him completely. The main knock is professionalism, though first year at a new club, coming towards the end, competing for a flag, could bring out his best. The other is I just don't like him and can see him getting outsized media attention.

If the club decides to sign him I can get behind it, as it could definitely work from a purely on field outcome, just not one I'm going to be fully in on.
You will instantly like him if he plays for us and starts kicking goals or getting clearances.
Could not give a hoot what the media thinks or says.
I think he's a perfect fit.

Sringer has played at two clubs and has been the same at both. Mercurial, inconsistent and lazy. It's a big no from me.
Our 1st pick, 33, will be closer to 40. The chances of getting a player who develops into an AFL level player is slim at best. I'd prefer Stringer, unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back