List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This McGuane kid - how good is he?

Are we talking Gavin Brown standard of offspring, or Peter Daicos level?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he will prove to be closer to Daicos levels than the Brown brothers, hard to think he could be Naicos level but then again hard to see anyone on Nicks level but if he get,s close to Josh,s level we can be well pleased.

Last night's brownlow count made one thing abundantly clear, Carlton and Collingwood rely too much on the one player to carry their midfield and win them games. The swans on the other hand have 3 top 10-15 mids who can all share the load . As much as fly wants a kpf , as enticing as Houston looks, we have to prioritize our salary cap and draft allocation towards building a midfield around Nick. What's the point of investing heavily in fwds if there isn't a capable midfield that is going to be able to deliver them the ball consistently.
What an awful take on a fantastic year from both Nick and Cripps.

I think he will prove to be closer to Daicos levels than the Brown brothers, hard to think he could be Naicos level but then again hard to see anyone on Nicks level but if he get,s close to Josh,s level we can be well pleased.
He still has growing to go.
Let's not set him up for comparison agaist Nick just yet.

I would compare him to a Parish type accumulator. Unlike Parish he can find the goals.

Makes sense. Plus I think what I was missing (based on Bianconeri's response) is that even though he is 'out of contract' we don't have to agree to a trade with Port, and can basically "force" Richards into the draft where he runs the risk of getting picked up by someone other than Port. So I guess that does give us some power at the negotiation table.

I was taking 'out of contract' to quite literally mean that there is no contractual relationship between Club and Player, and therefore, player can do whatever they want and Club has no position to demand anything via trade.
That would be what free agency is.

I wonder if we can split F1 with Sydney.
Offer 12 and 18 for Houston and hopefully a Future pick for Mcguane.
We’d still have a late first this draft.

With salary cap going up, I wonder if it is going to be more difficult trading for out of contract players next year?
If, at some point, we have picks 12+18, then we trade them…

Microwave

Parfitt and Rohan? Interesting

I'd want us to have a crack at De Koning if possible

edit: Wait Parfitt is only 26? Surely we'd have a look as he'd cost us literally nothing? Surely we'd take Parfitt over like, Bytel?
I remember watching the Pies vs Cats VFL game and Parfitt looked so far above that level. He would definitely be an upgrade on Bytel. For mine, Parfitt could be a half forward who could play some midfield time as well. He has pace which Bytel lacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, oopsy. I corrected it after typing STD..but still got it wrong

Never had a typing STD before, but glad you got it corrected. I imagine it was wrong but felt so right at the time..

So Dimma on 360 said something along the lines of we don't need first round picks? We need specific players.

Sounds to me that a first rounder is achievable for Noble.

Win win trade.

I just hope Geelong don't come and crash our party.

INB4 should we look at Parshit?

Always thought he was massively overrated, but in saying that he’s probably still an upgrade on a few of our depth guys.

So Dimma on 360 said something along the lines of we don't need first round picks? We need specific players.

Sounds to me that a first rounder is achievable for Noble.

Win win trade.

I just hope Geelong don't come and crash our party.
Who else do they want and what will they give…?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back