List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, lets get Parfitt seems to be an annual suggestion and Ive never seen the attraction, seems like a completely ineffectual fringe player to me...
He’s quite a competent AFL player and would be an upgrade on Bytel Sullivan and Long.
That’s good enough for me, bring on him for nothing, Seb Ross and Matt Kennedy and replace the three mentioned above and that’s how you create quality depth.

Anyone keen to give a quick summary of the Collingwood trade rumours so far?

Upped our Offer to Richards to 3 Years

Keen on Perrymen and good chance to come to us as wanting Midfield Time

Peatling talking to Vic Clubs

I would too rumour has it that we have been talking to the swans about swapping out future first with there pick 19 and 20 plus we should get at least 26 from Gold Coast for Noble and pick 37 from Port for Richards that would unders for mine but with what we currently have it gives us some opportunity to move further up the draft think we will take 3 maybe 4 picks to the draft hopefully 3 in the top 30 would be nice
There are certainly some clubs looking for points Essendon
Brisbane Carlton and Gold Coast
Also hope we can snag
a couple of younger guys from other clubs Perryman
as a free agent would be nice and maybe a Kennedy who
would come cheap and improve our list immediately
3 or 4 talented young kids and a couple of ready made players and we will give it a nudge next year
That’s a disaster.

crickets GIF

Why Give up on Dean and Reef?

They're not, but like most clubs fringe players who are out of contract this year are having to wait until after trade period to be signed, which isn't really unusual.

Reading the tea leaves though I think Krueger in particular might be in trouble.

There's not 75 great players in this draft. A strong draft means that it's two full rounds deep.

And we're talking about guys who are on the rookie list, so obviously their spots are completely irrelevant to this "strong draft".

"Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic" refers to something completely without merit, but you yourself said that Parfitt would be an improvement over several of these guys.
True, there may be a tome when all 3 are required for a few weeks like this year. Long Bytel and Sullivan.
I’d much prefer Kennedy Ross and Parfitt out there than the other 3.

Surely Collingwood has someone that we don't know about lined up to replace Murphy in defense. Otherwise you wouldn't even entertain the thought of not extending dean, who happens to be the only genuine kpd backup we have.
Maybe we can make a play for Geelong’s DeKoning?

If we can’t use next year’s 1st to get into the 1st round this year, look at maybe using that for him with a 2nd coming back?

We'll play 30+ like most years. So improving that range does help. He's not one you'd add before SSP with a shortage of list spots, but might be a rookie option.
Like Nick Hind 🤔

Depth is specific to roles. You bring in Perryman, who you’re already suggesting plays flank next year, and Allan comes on then he’s how far back? Geelong finished 4th, used 30+ players and still decided to move him on. Like Taberner and Bonner he’s one of the perennially mentioned fringe guys that take you nowhere and just sit on your list.

Sure if he had traits like Markov that would see him potentially find a long term role I’d get behind it. The problem is he would just sit in that depth band for the entire length of any stay he had with us and not improve us in any meaningful way.

Anyone else think we are still a sneaky chance on Stringer? Outwardly feign a lack of interest (let his management know the interest is still there but to sit on it) then see how desperate the Dons are to offload him towards the end of trade period. Only take him if cheap.

Feel like similar happened with Tom Mitchell. That interest apparently died off and a deal looked unlikely until right at the death a few trade periods ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone else think we are still a sneaky chance on Stringer? Outwardly feign a lack of interest (let his management know the interest is still there but to sit on it) then see how desperate the Dons are to offload him towards the end of trade period. Only take him if cheap.

Feel like similar happened with Tom Mitchell. That interest apparently died off and a deal looked unlikely until right at the death a few trade periods ago.

No.

Thank goodness.

How’s the logic of this?! Upgrade the guys at 30-35 on our list with a guy that will sit at 25-30. That’ll definitely get us back in the premiership mix.
I’m sensing a note of sarcasm here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, completely different circumstances.

So Lukosius wants to get from Gold Coast to Port.

Noble wants to get from Collingwood to Gold Coast.

Richards might yet ask for a trade to Port.

It'll take our future 1st in the mix but if Houston is open to coming to Collingwood surely we're a chance.

Get it done Leppa.

If we get Perryman, Peatling and pick 12 for Noble that’s a decent haul. Take 12 to the draft and won’t need to trade next years first until we know it’s worth

Get LDU next year to top it off
I love the optimism!

Maybe we can make a play for Geelong’s DeKoning?

If we can’t use next year’s 1st to get into the 1st round this year, look at maybe using that for him with a 2nd coming back?
Personally I would leave next year's draft capital alone and look to gain a first via salary dumping or via a three way trade with GC and gws where we use noble and potential perryman contract structure (that nets gws a first round compo) to gain two first round picks.

We really should look to invest in drafts heavily until the first draft Tasmania participates in. Mainly because access to young talent will be very hard when Tasmania enters the league. Which is when we should look at offloading multiple first round picks to bring in established talent to build around Naicos who will be entering his prime years.

i know this is a simple analysis but it seems to me that its a choice between reruns of players like parfitt and trusting derek in the lower levels of the draft....
That is a less than simple analysis since it doesn’t take any potential returns on Noble or Richards in to account.

Like Nick Hind 🤔

Depth is specific to roles. You bring in Perryman, who you’re already suggesting plays flank next year, and Allan comes on then he’s how far back? Geelong finished 4th, used 30+ players and still decided to move him on. Like Taberner and Bonner he’s one of the perennially mentioned fringe guys that take you nowhere and just sit on your list.

Sure if he had traits like Markov that would see him potentially find a long term role I’d get behind it. The problem is he would just sit in that depth band for the entire length of any stay he had with us and not improve us in any meaningful way.
We haven't delisted anyone yet. My assumption is we're waiting until after trade week to see what picks we have and where we'll need depth. Meaning some of the unsigned guys are still in the equation, I'd consider him ahead of what we have unsigned on the list. Once we're in that position, if like you suggested he'd improve our top 30, is free and if we have the list spot why wouldn't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back