List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The bizarre element is Perryman (who hasn’t had a single query on his age) and Houston are just 18 months apart in age. Houston’s age is a non factor.

It’s just poor heuristics! 27 sounds close to 28 which sounds like ‘almost-30’ and 10y ago 30 was the round number that tipped you over the sporting elite edge. So the shortcut becomes 27 = past their best.

It’s just poor heuristics! 27 sounds close to 28 which sounds like ‘almost-30’ and 10y ago 30 was the round number that tipped you over the sporting elite edge. So the shortcut becomes 27 = past their best.

Nice work. I don't have to google that many words on here - except for manicpie's spelling errors.

Tomlinson is terrible

He makes frampton look like Peter knights
I've never paid much attention, but he can't be that bad. He's played 185 AFL games. Might crack 200 AFL games if he gets a lifeline somewhere.

Plus he's been linked to us every year for about 12. We'll be able to bump posts from 2013.

I've never paid much attention, but he can't be that bad. He's played 185 AFL games. Might crack 200 AFL games if he gets a lifeline somewhere.
would only be a break in glass option given he is 32 next year

would only be a break in glass option given he is 32 next year
Yep, but we'll need one if Dean and Eyre remain unsigned. I'd be looking at Sam Frost first as a stop gap though. I think he'd be best 22 for us for a year or two and hopefully we'd draft someone who can take over from him then. He won't get a look in at Hawks with their additions.

Plus he's been linked to us every year for about 12. We'll be able to bump posts from 2013.
Good
Let’s hope we keep dodging the Tomlinson bullet
Tall defenders get games sometimes through absolute necessity

Good
Let’s hope we keep dodging the Tomlinson bullet
Tall defenders get games sometimes through absolute necessity
185 of them though. And all but the first 50 or so were in pretty decent teams.

You could be right, but I'm just a bit skeptical of the complete dud theory - and think we're in serious need of adding a short term KPD. Billy does my head in - him getting games does undermine my theory though.

The bizarre element is Perryman (who hasn’t had a single query on his age) and Houston are just 18 months apart in age. Houston’s age is a non factor.
What to Give Up to get Houston is way more the Perryman

185 of them though. And all but the first 50 or so were in pretty decent teams.

You could be right, but I'm just a bit skeptical of the complete dud theory - and think we're in serious need of adding a short term KPD. Billy does my head in - him getting games does undermine my theory though.
32 of those 185 have been since 2021. Unfortunately the knee injury really cruelled his time at Melbourne. I’m a no, but can acknowledge the discussion because Dean remains unsigned and that he at least makes more sense than Parfitt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32 of those 185 have been since 2021. Unfortunately the knee injury really cruelled his time at Melbourne. I’m a no, but only because Dean remains unsigned and would acknowledge that he at least makes more sense than Parfitt.
I want Sam Frost for peanuts. Surely he's going to request a trade somewhere. He was decent this year.

Noble to Gold Coast plus a future Collingwood second rounder and Port 3rd Rounder.
Richards to Port
Lukocious to Port
Houston to Collingwood
Maybe some other picks swaps included.

• We give up Noble/Richards & a future second to get Houston. And we keep our future first and dont have to find one.
  • Port lose Houston and a third rounder but get Lukocious and Richards to help their forward line.
  • GC get Noble and a second rounder and third rounder for Lukocious (a guy they dont want/save on his salary and they keep their 12/20)

We then trade our future first into this years draft. Could we trade our future first to GC for 12 this year for a forward. Maybe split it for 16 & 18 ish

Pick up Perryman as a free agent.
Go hard for Peatling and/or Kennedy with remaining picks.

We now have changed our midfield profile dramatically to support Nick and Jordan. Back Allen and offload Bytel.

We do what Geelong does and rest Sidebottom and Pendles more in 2025. They both play more HB/HF as required.

Pressure now on Crisp, Lipinski, IQ, McCreery, Markov, WHE, Mitchell to lift their game.

We remain in the window with a younger best 23 team.

Helps cover the likely 2025 midfield retirees (Mitchell, Pendles, Sidebottom) and use the salary cap space created next year to target some future forward/back free agents for 2026 when (Mihocek, Howe, Cox, WHE are gone)

We have dropped out of the Houston race. Our targets are Perryman and Peatling....

I want Sam Frost for peanuts. Surely he's going to request a trade somewhere. He was decent this year.
Of the two he’d be the one I’d favour and Frost ball could be good for us, but it seems like we either aren’t keen or we’re keeping things close to our chest.

Of the two he’d be the one I’d favour and Frost ball could be good for us, but it seems like we either aren’t keen or we’re keeping things close to our chest.
There's got to be some KPD we think we're a chance of adding - otherwise Dean would be signed already.

The age talks about that he is staying, and that Hawks can add an extra year on his contract admit rival interest.

We have dropped out of the Houston race. Our targets are Perryman and Peatling....
For the uninitiated, would you mind prefacing your posts with I’ve been told? (if that’s the case)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back