List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it would likely be his swansong

"But the veteran on-baller remains keen to play on next season and regain his fitness over summer in preparation for the likely final season of his glittering AFL career in 2025."

Most probably figured it might be the case
The last for a couple players most likely
Howe. Cox probably. Sidey?
That’s completely at odds with his podcast from a month ago when he discussed his injuries and referenced his future. I can’t remember the exact comments, but he certainly wasn’t indicating 2025 was any chance to be his last.

We have an interest in Harry Perryman - Fly sauce

Look fly is not going to reveal/confirm/deny anything right now , we should all know by now that what players/coaches/club management say on the record to the media and what they actually believe in are potentially two different things . Houston being the primary example in recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look fly is not going to reveal/confirm/deny anything right now , we should all know by now that what players/coaches/club management say on the record to the media and what they actually believe in are potentially two different things . Houston being the primary example in recent times.
Not in this case.
Not if you listened to how fly talked about it. They looked at it, but decided he was not someone they wanted at the club.

This is black and white

“I heard the rumour and then went a bit deeper and saw that, ‘McRae really wants Jake Stringer’,” McRae told SEN The Run Home.

“I'll admit, we looked at it, it came across our desk that Jake Stringer (could be gettable) … you have a look at the depth of it.

“But I'm happy to say here that when we won't be bringing Jake Stringer to that footy club.

“Not because of any or many reasons, but to the rumour that I want him, that’s a bit of a stretch.

“We did our research, and we did all things behind the scenes like where he fits on our list, the money, the tenure and whatever.

“But no, I'm happy to say he won't be coming to Collingwood next year.”

This is black and white

“I heard the rumour and then went a bit deeper and saw that, ‘McRae really wants Jake Stringer’,” McRae told SEN The Run Home.

“I'll admit, we looked at it, it came across our desk that Jake Stringer (could be gettable) … you have a look at the depth of it.

“But I'm happy to say here that when we won't be bringing Jake Stringer to that footy club.

“Not because of any or many reasons, but to the rumour that I want him, that’s a bit of a stretch.

“We did our research, and we did all things behind the scenes like where he fits on our list, the money, the tenure and whatever.

“But no, I'm happy to say he won't be coming to Collingwood next year.”
I'm happy if he's happy.

Wow, “I’m a coach that wants players not picks. I tell the list management team all the time.”

Not sure I like that attitude and philosophy from fly.
This is why he is the coach not the list management. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back