List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m also in the camp of getting one defensive mid only this trade period. Peatling the highest ceiling and I’d prefer Kennedy to Perryman but the jury is out on the best choice as it depends what we would do with the second round pick we’d pay for all but Perryman. Might have something in plan.

One thing is getting clear though with us getting into salary bidding wars on multiple players: our cap situation is much better than what some journos stuck in 2021 are making it out to be.

Benefits of our list make up is that we have a lot of our older best 22 players signing for less than they were on and short contracts which opens up strategies on back ending recruits. We also have our young guns probably on less than their worth having signed pre flag (even Nick who renegotiating has gone it for massive unders compared to his market price). And our 25-28yo are all under market pricing (Jordy McStay Schultz). Likely finishing paying our ex players soon.

Gives me hope for a big offer to LDU next year who would be my #1 priority and why I’m also not keen on multiple mids this off season.

I just hope we start bending people over instead of being bent over this trade period

Surely we have some salary cap relief this or next season after the Grundy treloar, lower wages of a bunch of old players etc

boyd coming back into our system is good by a lot of reports

2025 👍🏽
Once we stop paying Grundy and Treloar, we have money for another player.
However, our impending retirements is what will really open up a cash war chest for the Pies.

Except a few in here which believe because Noble is contracted he's worth pick 12 and not realistically 25-35 lol
Only goes one way

You think you can find a better player than NOble at pick 35?
Noble is a fair chance to play another 100 games.
Pick 35 would be a less than 20% chance to play 100 games.
Pick 12 may be overs, sure. But even pick 12 is only 50-50ish to play 100 games.

Why are they (thinking of) releasing him?
Just a quick snippet from this article from a couple weeks ago

“He had an honest conversation with Michael Voss last week, he sees himself as an inside midfielder, the Blues see him continuing half-forward role.”

Plus imagine being subbed early in an interstate final when you’ve got players like Motlop and Fanatasia still out there, all this whilst your wife had a baby earlier in the week too. I think he’s pissed lol.

There reporting port are furious with Carlton and don’t even wanna deal with them because of there pure arrogance
In regards to houston

Considering all the media is saying north and Carlton but he hasn’t nominated - can’t see it being strictly 2 clubs

They’re looking to pay less for a guy that’s under contract for 3 more years than we paid for Shooter that would have been a UFA in 12 months.
Reeks of time they refused to trade pick 1 for Judd, just the best player in the game.
F ‘em

I think right now we can confidently say that no one knows jack shit.
Last night on Footy Furance Morris said it was out of Carlton and North with Carlton the front runners, we were not even mentioned.

If we get one player this trade period it has to be Houston, this replaces the need to use Nick at HB and replaces Maynard to play further up the ground.
Houston’s kicking will also compliment our corridor game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night on Footy Furance Morris said it was out of Carlton and North with Carlton the front runners, we were not even mentioned.

If we get one player this trade period it has to be Houston, this replaces the need to use Nick at HB and replaces Maynard to play further up the ground.
Houston’s kicking will also compliment our corridor game.
If Houston has narrowed his choice down to North and Carlton i dont think hes overly intelligent

To get the player you want you always pay overs, and this will be the case here, plus we are in a good position to front end his contract, to allow the same next year, especially with some retirements.
True and the fact that in a couple of years, probably halfway through these guys contracts, 800k will more like 600k today because of the cap increase, what seems exorbitant in 2024 will be ballpark in 2026/2027 for a decent player.

Is anyone else’s Trade Radio just blasting ads? I’m on the way into work and wasn’t really paying attention, but I swear I’ve just listened to 15 minutes of ads!

That just means it’s working.

Nobody on here would really believe Noble is worth pick 12 alone without other picks going back with him to GCS.
That is my expectation if Rioli goes for 6. The difference in the two is marginal and unless it’s something like us slinging pick 50 with Noble I’d rather we keep him than tying in our future 1st or taking 20 which winds up at around 27.

Don’t get me wrong he’s not worth 12, but that probably pushes to 17 which is about right for a dashing half back they’ve targeted with 2 years to run on his contract. With no prospect of Houston keeping Noble is fine by me.
The Rioli trade sets the market on Noble. Sit back and wait for that to go through then commence negotiations on Noble.

Nobody on here would really believe Noble is worth pick 12 alone without other picks going back with him to GCS.
They'll be able to trade that pick 20 for a future first. I don't think he's worth pick 20 alone without other picks going back with him to GCS.

Cal Twomey saying Crows going all in for Peatling now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting given he was an MSD pick. And overlooked in two drafts as a Giants academy member before getting an AFL gig. Now hot property apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back