List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a question that the Cats are asking. Seems like he's lost a lot of confidence as a fullback after his facial fracture last year and struggled at times this year - they gave him a run in the ruck and he was badly beaten by his brother. Had Knee issues late in the year and he couldn't win back a spot even after regaining fitness in the VFL - I'd be cautious on him, could be a bust.
Big red flag to me if geelong are looking to get rid of him.

They would be absolutely stark raving mad not to be trying to move him on. He's derailed a couple of seasons, caused a massive review and was the impetus for Petracca wanting out, which led to the Roffey debacle.
Dunno, I think they’ll be well aware that Trac will be requesting a trade again in 2025 and if they trade Oliver now that’s their two best mids gone in 2 years, as well as (probably) Gawn retired.
Not many clubs can bounce back quickly from losing that amount of quality in such a short amount of time.

Would oppo clubs that have missed out on an important recruit possibly exaggerate numbers to the media for the audience of their supporter base or existing players?

Thus, making it look like to their 'decision' made them the more reasonable decision-makers when in fact they just weren't successful?

Must happen, surely.

(Apologies, if already raised).

Last edited:
Big red flag to me if geelong are looking to get rid of him.
They’re not actively looking to get rid of him, but if push comes to shove and it means that they can land both Smith and Oliver they’d be hard pressed not to look at it as an option.

I don't think is a true representation. In the last few years they've basically given away Krueger, Fort, Cockatoo and McCarthy. Even in the Henry trade they let go Cooper Stephens, who was pick 16 three years earlier.
The same Cooper Stephens who's been delisted by Hawthorn.

Therein lies my point. Those initial reports were low and the inflated figures more accurate based on what we now know. If I were to guess the low amounts were in the earlier stages of negotiations and then McStay’s management squeezed further $’s out of us as things reached their conclusion.

Oh riiiight. So those ones were low…ok

Yeah let’s just agree to disagree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at his stats for the last five weeks of the H&A when he was in a full time mid. His overall numbers are a bit misleading as he was played as a sub and a HFF/Tagger.

Here is an article about his rise.

Numbers are very good the last 6 weeks,

He got midfield opportunities and started to play well.

The thing that stood out was how well he found clearences.

Thanks for this! I'll go back and have a little look at his end of season form.

They stitched up west coast for Kelly also
The Kelly trade is great example of how we overrate mid to late first round picks. WC gave up picks 14,13,24 and 33. On paper it sounds massive. In reality it's Conor Stone, Cooper Stephens, Jeremy Sharpe and Nick Bryan.

Kelly has played more games for WC than all of them combined and won a B&F.

Would oppo clubs that have missed out on an important recruit possibly exaggerate numbers to the media for the audience of their supporter base or existing players?

Thus, making it look like to their 'decision' made them the more reasonable decision-makers when in fact they just weren't successful?

Must happen, surely.

(Apologies, if already raised).
And Cornes will inflate the salary so he can criticise Perryman for next 6 years

The Kelly trade is great example of how we overrate mid to late first round picks. WC gave up picks 14,13,24 and 33. On paper it sounds massive. In reality it's Conor Stone, Cooper Stephens, Jeremy Sharpe and Nick Bryan.

Kelly has played more games for WC than all of them combined and won a B&F.
Amazing isn't it? Bloody lottery mate.
It's why I'm rapt to get Schultz

Kelly has played more games for WC than all of them combined and won a B&& in
The point is Geelong are pricks to deal with IMO

PIE STILL TOSSING UP OPTIONS​

COLLINGWOOD and Port Adelaide are still waiting on a decision from Joe Richards as the small forward weighs up offers from both clubs.

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

Alongside Giants midfielder James Peatling, who is assessing significant interest from as many as six clubs, Richards is now one of the last players still to decide on their future ahead of the Trade Period starting on Monday.

The 24-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough year at Collingwood this season, playing his first nine games of senior football before a series of injuries hampered his progress in the back half of the campaign.

Port Adelaide has emerged as the main rival for his signature and could redouble its efforts to lure Richards having missed out on free agency targets Isaac Cumming and Harry Perryman to Adelaide and Collingwood respectively in recent days.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back