List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the CATS need to let go of SDK in order to have the first round picks needed to close the deals they are chasing.

If that is the case, lets put the CATS to the sword by requesting SDK & F2 for pick 12 (received for Noble) & F3 from us.

Just a thought?
Pick 12 too high. Rather Houston.

Definitely think he'd be a chance to be delisted if we pick up Peatling or another mid
Contracted till the end of next year. Chance to be delisted and then put on the rookie list to free up spots on the senior list.

I think Smith is set on Geelong. And to be honest he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before the ACL which puts more doubt over his output going forward
Bit too much common sense there Pistol.

If we get pick 8 and 10 for Noble and Richards we are back in the hunt for Petracca.

I think we'll have to pay a heap if we're serious about that pick. They'll get offered a lot for it.

GC aren't looking at our future first with the fomo of this board. I'm guessing but think they'll value it at about 13 in next years, then factor in that it's likely to blow out further than this year's pick due to more highly rated academy kids. Then factor in that next year's is likely to be weaker. Our future first is worth a lot less than pick 12 I would have thought.
They won’t be looking at it from that perspective, they’ll get it and then likely trade it next year for more points again as they’ve got a potential number 1 pick academy prospect coming through.

They’ll get good offers no doubt, but they’re not going to get ludicrous currency for a pick that will likely end up at 15 or 16 by the time the draft rolls around.

I'm seeing both as mids. Peatling isn't a forward - especially so for us. Perryman has played defence but I think we'll be playing him mid. If Perryman stays in defence then Peatling makes more sense, but even then, a tall defender is a much higher priority, we need a Murphy replacement.
I actually think forward/mid is Peatlings strength. He can find the goals quite well and plays high HF. Perryman will play HB/mid.

I think Smith is set on Geelong. And to be honest he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before the ACL which puts more doubt over his output going forward
He won’t be set on Geelong if they dick him over in favour of Oliver. As for his form, he was being played out of position by Bevo. Chuck him back on a wing and in the guts where he belongs and he’ll thrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we trade pick 3 for him and a change of picks
Maybe quote what you were responding to, because from here it looks like you’re just randomly posting about McKee for no apparent reason.

They won’t be looking at it from that perspective, they’ll get it and then likely trade it next year for more points again as they’ve got a potential number 1 pick academy prospect coming through.

They’ll get good offers no doubt, but they’re not going to get ludicrous currency for a pick that will likely end up at 15 or 16 by the time the draft rolls around.
Even if they just want future picks for points it doesn't really matter, other teams will value it higher, so they will get offered more from a points perspective than a future first from a team you'd project to be in the 8 or thereabouts.

The gap between our future firsts value and that pick 12 could be pretty big. It seems likely to me that they'll be able to trade it for a future first and a pick in the 20s - eg a future first and a pick worth about what Nobles worth. It wouldn't be a way overs trade.

Personally, I'd prefer us not to do that, but if really want that pick, it could easily cost that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back