List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

tbf, this time last year; nobody could have imagined this draft to be as deep as it is. Changed fairly quick as we came into the year.

Also that in one of the most competitive seasons on record, we would end up with a winning record, have two draws, and still miss finals.

As Jen said earlier and others have said prior

I think pies future 1st + Noble = GC pick 12

It’s a win - win

GC

• get rid of a pick they don’t want
  • get noble
-still have points for academy kid
- still have pick 6 for Rioli (and additional tigers later or future picks)

PIES

• turn noble exit into lemonade
  • ditch the future first they won’t want to use on mcguane next year
  • in the process switch 1st rd picks into a better draft

~~~~~~~

The only way another club gets it is to offer up a likely better future 1st pick… eg St Kilda

Otherwise no other club will offer up a future first for it and a player they want

GC only really targeting Rioli and Noble

So I think it gets done ✅

Edit: maybe a GC future third comes back as part of the deal for mcguane points

The question is what do pies do with pick 12?

Macrae publicly stating he wants established players

Or are picks this high, in a strong draft the exception?
I’ll add the tigers are part of this deal and our F1 goes to them together with picks 48 and 51. Rioli goes to GC and pick 20 to us as well

Even though not many here want to see Noble and Richards leave the club, I think we need to lose someone of value to get back into the draft or to even gain a stronger trade hand. Perryman is a start and if we can find another moneyball type player for little or no collateral, we might be able to use a better hand to find a young kpf like one of the Whitlocks or Shanahan in the draft.

A quick Look at the list of free agents for next year and 2 names jumped out at me: LDU was the obvious one and the other was Ed Richards.

Both mids with burst pace which is what we are desperate for IMO, though I’m in the camp that hopes/believes Ed Allan and Rambeau McCreery can sort this spot.

I do wish we’d have more transparency around player contracts like other major sports. I’d love to see what kind of cap wizardry Geelong is up to.
Would eliminate so much speculation and 3/4 of all Bigfooty threads. Its crazy looking up NBA salaries and some blokes are on $50 million and the fringe players are on $500k. But at least its transparent

Pick 12 opens up possibilities regarding a much needed young blue chip KPP in the draft or getting Houston… if that’s what the club desires

Hence the belief that to leapfrog other clubs chasing pick 12… that the pies will throw noble in

Noble is worth pick 26 imo so it’s pretty much a future first and an early second equivalent… for pick 12 and maybe a GC 3rd back

Agree with the idea or not… The hysteria regarding this possibility has been amusing

Especially since the club has shown that it makes similar moves like this in recent years

Just want to touch base on the Serong vs Naicos comparison.
Both are great players for their teams.

The stats show they are comparable, bur what the stats doesn't show is the creativity and high IQ play from Naicos to get those stats, not to mention he's often tagged.

It's like comparing Luka Doncic and Russell Westbrook from NBA perspective. Both are triple double machines and amazing players, but Luka is much more creative on court and arguably more skilled and much higher IQ basketball wise.
Stats won't show how Naicos weaves and make defenders look like witches hats trying to get to him. Special player for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Jen said earlier and others have said prior

I think pies future 1st + Noble = GC pick 12

It’s a win - win

GC

• get rid of a pick they don’t want
  • get noble
-still have points for academy kid
- still have pick 6 for Rioli (and additional tigers later or future picks)

PIES

• turn noble exit into lemonade
  • ditch the future first they won’t want to use on mcguane next year
  • in the process switch 1st rd picks into a better draft

~~~~~~~

The only way another club gets it is to offer up a likely better future 1st pick… eg St Kilda

Otherwise no other club will offer up a future first for it and a player they want

GC only really targeting Rioli and Noble

So I think it gets done ✅

Edit: maybe a GC future third comes back as part of the deal for mcguane points

The question is what do pies do with pick 12?

Macrae publicly stating he wants established players

Or are picks this high, in a strong draft the exception?
IMG_8843.jpeg

Just want to touch base on the Serong vs Naicos comparison.
Both are great players for their teams.

The stats show they are comparable, bur what the stats doesn't show is the creativity and high IQ play from Naicos to get those stats, not to mention he's often tagged.

It's like comparing Luka Doncic and Russell Westbrook from NBA perspective. Both are triple double machines and amazing players, but Luka is much more creative on court and arguably more skilled and much higher IQ basketball wise.
Stats won't show how Naicos weaves and make defenders look like witches hats trying to get to him. Special player for sure.
They also don’t show what he does with opponents trying not to give him an inch, holding and scragging him etc

I think it'll make us push harder for a more advantageous deal, but not necessarily get it. He's contracted, we'll have a minimum we are willing to acept and they'll have a maximun they're willing to pay and he'll be traded within that range - or no deal will be done. If they pay a bomb for the sofa, it might mean they're willing to pay a bomb for the armchairs, but it also might mean that they get stingy on the armchairs as they've already spent too much. I think the last point you made - it being GC and someone having nominated them is the biggest reason why we're a chance of getting overs.
Or maybe they decide they prefer the arm chair over the sofa. There are so many variables, which could play out in our favour or not. Maybe they are hell bent on getting experienced 2 speedsters out of the back, or, the second maybe a luxury. The value they pay for Rioli, would be an influencing factor on potential market value, but not a deciding factor for either Gold Coast or Collingwood. One is market value, the other is what a club is prepared to buy and sell for - not necessarily the same thing.

Kane Cornes is talking like he has multiple Volcanoes lined up for Harry Perryman next season if he doesn’t have a top 3 season in the b&f
Says we are paying him (900k) like he is Merrett or Butters
I am a fan of Kane, but he is way off with this one. Perryman will be asked to play a variety of roles and none of them will be to replicate Nick Daicos. You don't measure someone's value by getting 35 touches and kicking 3 goals a game. The money is irrelevant, in today's world that is what you do to get the player you want and need.

This might be the one time you tell the public what a player is earning. To shut Cornes up and protect Harry’s mental health.
I just hope none of our dumb fans do believe the Kane crap and treat Harry poorly like they have Schultz

Most people don't actually believe the numbers being thrown around surely.

Although I discovered yesterday at least one here does lol

My experience here is that this board is more focused on draft cost as opposed to money.

Even if he doesn't perform, I doubt Harry cops anywhere near the shit Schultz does because Perryman hasn't cost us anything really.

We gave up no draft capital and our salary cap will be stacked after all the retirements next year.

Schultz has already potentially cost at least one of:

• Petracca
  • Houston
  • Whatever gun Freo picks up with that pick

That's why Schultz cops what he does. I'm not saying it's justified or anything, just explaining the difference

Cornes going somewhat hard about Perryman at the moment. Reckons Perryman will be overpaid on the basis he'll never be a top 100 player, and others on the list will be getting jealous about the rumoured remuneration; Quaynor, etc.

I agree somewhat but there's still the fact that the figure is just a rumour.

And the fact Perryman has had a couple of strong B&F finishes for the Giants in a strong team, and he'll be coming in to play a more prominent role. I wouldn't put it past him to get into our top 10 players.
I still maintain Cornes is one of the only few worth listening too in AFL media circles. But it’s astonishing how much he’s got this one wrong, and seemingly doesn’t understand the system

Although, he does operate on content which is why he’s so handsomely paid and sought after

A quick Look at the list of free agents for next year and 2 names jumped out at me: LDU was the obvious one and the other was Ed Richards.

Both mids with burst pace which is what we are desperate for IMO, though I’m in the camp that hopes/believes Ed Allan and Rambeau McCreery can sort this spot.
Bring Ed home!
Free hit
Collingwood royalty

Not sure about LDU now. Ed Richard’s would be a good get

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back