List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I read many demands that we recruit a full back, but only rejection of the players that might be available. It looks like we will have to manage with what we have. Given we have not seen any of Eyres and little of Dean, while Frampton has shown himself to be a solid citizen, this may a reasonable route to follow.

Can anyone please explain how Geelong can fit Martin Oliver and Bailey smith into their current salary cap.
Something awry must be happening there. I think they passing on too much under the table cows turd to everyone
Cant believe all this crap
Seems like they have a lot of flexibility in their cap, they've delisted 7 players and players like Danger are on, or about to start short term contracts. Can't think of many other than Holmes and Stengle who are on longer term contracts. Their squeeze is more likely in the next year with Cameron, SDK, Dempsey OOC.

Seems like they have a lot of flexibility in their cap, they've delisted 7 players and players like Danger are on, or about to start short term contracts. Can't think of many other than Holmes and Stengle who are on longer term contracts. Their squeeze is more likely in the next year with Cameron, SDK, Dempsey OOC.
Theyā€™ve only delisted three players on anything remotely resembling decent coin

Iā€™m looking at daicos, degoey, Mitchell, perryman, pendles, crisp and Allan. Thereā€™s only so many mids we can have. I donā€™t think we need any of them. List spots are tight. Time will tell. Long and Sullivan were rookies for free. Kennedy wonā€™t be cheap depth. Will still be on half decent coin and if we are full strength I donā€™t see a spot
Its not the mids that concern me.

It's the fact we fundamentally do not like players that can only play mid.
Players that can only play Mid won't play often for us.

The only one in our mid rotation that is really a 'mid only' is Titch.

Everyone else MUST play a secondary position and role....and do it well.
Bringing in someone like Kennedy is backup to Titch only, unless they can play another position.
If he's leaving Blues because they won't play him full Mid.....then it ain't happening with us.

It's what served us so well in 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read many demands that we recruit a full back, but only rejection of the players that might be available. It looks like we will have to manage with what we have. Given we have not seen any of Eyres and little of Dean, while Frampton has shown himself to be a solid citizen, this may a reasonable route to follow.
There are key backs available better than Frampton, Eyre and Dean. Not a lot better but better all the same.

There are key backs available better than Frampton, Eyre and Dean. Not a lot better but better all the same.
Not a lot better is not much good to anybody. Eyre and Dean have upside whilst frampton is a more than adequate depth/role player. Not keen on churning over more of the same for arguable marginal gains. Iā€™d rather stick with what we have with a blue sky draft selection, and chase a bigger name next year.

We missed out of the finals on percentage. Any slight improvement would have turned our draws to wins and we make the finals. Given what Sydney produced I reckon we were a chance no matter where we finished in the 8.

Can anyone please explain how Geelong can fit Martin Oliver and Bailey smith into their current salary cap.
Something awry must be happening there. I think they passing on too much under the table cows turd to everyone
Cant believe all this crap
Don't get me started on that salt sniffing bunch of glorified hillbillys.

Think we might be reaching critical mass on slow players if we start considering Fiorini. With Perryman coming in and even expecting to take McGuane next year who isn't super quick, I think we really need to prioritise power runners, particularly with our mids.
It's a no for fiorini, just a depth player

I'm very concerned about our list, moving into 2026/2027.

Pendles, Howe, Sidebottom, Crisp, Elliott, Mitchell, Mihocek, Cox and Hoskin-Elliott will all have retired.

JDG, Bruzzy, Cameron, Moore and McStay will all be over 30 and close to the end.

I'm not optimistic at all about Sullivan, Dean, McInnis, Ryan, Macrae, Frampton, Long or Bytel.

We'll hopefully have (but who knows) some blossoming talent in Allan, TJ, HDM, Harrison and Parker.

I still have some hope that Kreuger and AJ can be something special.

I have zero idea about Steene, Schmidt or Eyre.

To me, that leaves a core of Nick and Josh, Q, McCreery, Schultz, Hill, Lapinski and Perryman.

We need to do some all time great trading and drafting this year and next or, I think, we're in for some very tough times.

Of course, I thought things looked far worse at the end of 2020 ... we did pretty well a few years after that.

Probably more of a worry if I thought our list profile looked great šŸ„“

Isnā€™t the obvious question- if heā€™s so good why are Carlton wanting a 32 yo Haynes as a replacement? Who is also 10cm shorter.

Young is no world beaterā€¦ Haynes is rated higher

Weitering not being dropped

And they probably figure they can jettison young and use another KPP in the developing 3rd KPD role

I donā€™t see Carlton shopping him around as a big dealā€¦

Especially as they have made some strange moves already in shopping Owies around too

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back