List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

One more target then grab picks, shut up shop and grab some new talent
List spots tight so get rid of all those not seriously considered for the 1s

Last edited:
true but he has still been made to wait which isnt the best sign
I think lots of players from lots of clubs have been made to wait this year. Plenty of clubs are making room for the draft and there could be some decent delisted free agents available. If that happens then we might have a few delisted to make way for one or two.

I am not sure if Ed Allen is a Dunkley like mid
Doubt Ed will never be a tough lock on player against comp best players if required or have enormous overhead strength.
I'd hope he would have burst speed and a better kick thank Dunkley.
Worth noting Dunkley played almost every game he was available for in his first season in a premiership year, Ed is that far off that they ought not really be compared.

Wouldn’t it have been harsher not to have taken him though

Not really?

Because we could have easily said the injury had nothing to do with why we didn’t take him

What do we tell him now?

“Hey, look, we didn’t even give you a chance to even establish yourself after a half season injury, but still we’re going to delist you because we don’t think you’re good enough. Even though we thought you were good enough 6 months ago despite your injury”

One more target then grab picks, shut up shop and grab some new talent
List spots tight so get rid of all those seriously considered for the 1s
I’m mostly in agreement this year.

Feels like, from what’s out there now, it’s just doing deals for the sake of it.

So unless a target comes up….im all for just improving our picks and taking them to the draft (no more than 3) this year.

If a solid target comes up, then by all
Means do what we can.

Not really?

Because we could have easily said the injury had nothing to do with why we didn’t take him

What do we tell him now?

“Hey, look, we didn’t even give you a chance to even establish yourself after a half season injury, but still we’re going to delist you because we don’t think you’re good enough. Even though we thought you were good enough 6 months ago despite your injury”
You think because we gave him an opportunity when he was injured for half the season we owe him a second regardless? I dont understand your thinking at all tbh

One of my favourite parts of Trade Radio is the annual tradition of bringing on one of the no-name players who literally just got delisted. The conversation will invariably involve said no-name player (having played 3 senior games across 5 years) talking about how he's got plenty more to offer, he just needs another chance, he's happy to move anywhere to continue playing AFL. The conversation will always include a reference to how it was somehow a surprise he got delisted despite spending the year in the twos or in the rehab group.

The no-name player is subsequently never heard from again besides the odd cash in hand job playing for Cygnet Football Club or the like.

I wonder if Mitch Hardie is smart enough to be aware of the vaunted niche he has now found himself in.

Not really?

What do we tell him now?

I'd just tell him he's not going to get a game and that his spot is at risk. It's not local footy. Hasn't really shone. Really poor when he came back from injury. The club would have hoped to see something in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd just tell him he's not going to get a game and that his spot is at risk. It's not local footy. Hasn't really shone. Really poor when he came back from injury. The club would have hoped to see something in him.
Doesn’t even need to be that.
The convo at the start of the year would be “you have 1 year. After that, absolutely no guarantees.”

If he’s delisted, it’s simply “sorry, the chips didn’t fall your way.”

You think because we gave him an opportunity when he was injured for half the season we owe him a second regardless? I dont understand your thinking at all tbh

Legit can’t tell if you’re being serious

So we recruit him despite a long term injury because we liked what we saw prior to the injury but then don’t give him the opportunity to actually get back to that?

What?

If we get our hands on 12 I’d like to take it to the draft and give our recruiters something to work with.
That’s just my preference
12 will be something like pick 15 or more.
Still a lottery but apparently many good kids to choose. If we cannot land a big name well yes, choose a kid.
Jack Whitlock should be available around that pick.

Legit can’t tell if you’re being serious

So we recruit him despite a long term injury because we liked what we saw prior to the injury but then don’t give him the opportunity it’s to actually get back to that?

What?
We liked him better than the other SPP’s we didn’t select, he was one of or possibly the very the last player added to our list? (Not including mid season draft)

12 will be something like pick 15 or more.
Still a lottery but apparently many good kids to choose. If we cannot land a big name well yes, choose a kid.
Jack Whitlock should be available around that pick.
I just think we need to give our recruiters something to work with after years of trading out.

We have some good talent watchers at our club who can find us a player or two

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back