List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a squeeze.
Players have to agree to be shifted for starters. So if they say no, it’s delist and include them in the cap (not the end of the world, but not ideal either).

No one has moved that many in one year. So whilst it’s technically possible, I think it’s unlikely.

Each player we want to bring in via trade will need to be assessed against one of the senior incumbents. That doesn’t change.

Noble and Richard’s leaving is actually pretty important for us in terms of what we can do.

I’ve asked this before….can you be put back on the rookie list if you’ve already been elevated in the past?
Can’t recall it ever happening…
They don't have to agree. They're not contracted to a list.

What have I missed today? Anyone new we're after?
I've heard a few rumblings but nothing from any sources.
There's certainly been rumblings - most sources have denied being the source of the rumblings - some sources have admitted spreading rumours - it's not clear yet whether rumours create rumblings or vice versa - meanwhile some sources have denied being sources

someone more across the finer details of our list can comment /correct but i'm not seeing the 'squeeze' being suggested.

seems like the swing factors are whether we decide to:
  • move 2 main listed players (AJ/Macrae &/or Reef/Kreugs) to rooks list (delisting & re-rooking, which has its risks)
  • use any draft picks we secure for Noble &/or Richards as standalone picks in the draft or whether we package up with our current lot (#33, 48, 51, 84) to move up the draft order, noting we're required to at least use 3 selections at national draft

CurrentChangeProposedWho
CatB101>Parker stays CatB
Rooks9-54>Carmichael (retired), Begg (delisted), Bytel/Sully/Long (likely cut)
Smit, Steene, Eyre, Dean stay rooks
->from main​
22>Kreugs & Reef (assumes delisted & re-rookied)
Main list34-133-below-'
44-440
Main:
->retired​
-1Murphy
->UFA in​
1Perryman
->3 draft picks​
3min. 3 draft picks from #33, 48, 51, 84
->trade out​
-2Noble (trade), Richards (trade) out
->2 draft picks​
0>use picks rec'd for Noble & Richards (or package up to improve order)
could absorb 2 spots but likely 0 bc will package to improve order
->main to rooks​
-2Move a couple of main listers to rooks: AJ & Mcrae (contracted) or Reef & Kreugs (uncontracted) or combination
34-133

That’s why he has orange hair l, already been singed from the fire.
Smoke Smoking GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can flip Noble and F2 into 12 and on-trade it to Port for Houston we'd be laughing like maniacs.

Unfortunately Port would want 12 and the F1. Which is steep. But if they threw in their F2 to enable the trade... I'm interested.
But if tom morris is to be believed, it doesn't sound like he wants to come to us and is holding out for carlton to facilitate a deal. if that is true, no matter how good a player, he can GAGF

If the Clarry trade does happen, apparantely wont cost more than a F1...
So what they are saying it cost more to get Schultz than Oliver.

The big difference is Freo didn’t want to lose Schultz, Melbourne on the other hand want this bloke gaaawwwnnn. Seeing that only one team as been linked to Oliver shows how hesitant other clubs are to consider taking him as well which also lowers his value unfortunately

What does this mean? Why does it matter?

Unless Pies can get JUH for next season then no point discussing it now since Pies don't have the capital to trade.

Unless Pies are willing to let JDG go for JUH... in which I'm very intrigued.
We can pull it off now! 😁
Richards, next year's 1st and pick we get for Noble hopefully 12!
That's fair enough.....

This is seriously mad. How can Geelong continue to get A-grade players for next to nothing? I mean, if all it costs is an F1, why aren't 16 other clubs trying to get him? I get he's had issues in the last couple of years, but at his best, he is a beast.

And its not like every club gets its share of free hits. It's always the bloody Cats 😡

Im being a little silly, just a little, but reckon Ive got a better AFL physic that that Oliver, he looks like a fat maple syrup dumpling.

I can carry two cartons from the bottlo to the car by the way (cans, not stubbies)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back