List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I've read on a few pages on Facebook that Brownlows are worth more than premiership medals, so they're happy that Cripps carries them. Fancy that.

Maybe worth more on eBay…

The Carlton trade thread has pretty well turned from anything they are getting to a Collingwood melt session. My favourite was "Is them getting Houston worth 1 more flag?" Oh boy
This is the same fanbase that legitmately thinks belting West Coast by 11 goals to not prevent the Pies from making finals is the same as R23, 2022

Felt like we had a gap with the mid to late 20s age bracket a few years ago. Adding Lipinski, Hill, Cameron, Schultz, McStay and Perryman alongside some young guns has me pretty optimistic we're not facing a cliff anytime soon. If we could nab Houston I'm very bullish and just puts us a breakout season away from Allan away from being confident we can challenge for the next 3-5 years.

Ask any Brownlow medallist without a premiership the answer to that one. Titch said he’d trade his Brownlow for another flag in a heartbeat
Brownlow Medal lately has become very subjective affected by bias from umpires.

It's tainted.

Coaches MVP winner os better

Should replace brownlow event with coaches MVP voting.

They 100% orchestrate them, confirmed 10 years ago when the Treloar doing welcome to pies vids leaked

Can't remember which player it was a few years back but he said it was frustrating having to wait to be officially traded, as they held off lodging for the Trade radio/media outlets to have it as a last day deadline trade despite all parties agreeing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt like we had a gap with the mid to late 20s age bracket a few years ago. Adding Lipinski, Hill, Cameron, Schultz, McStay and Perryman alongside some young guns has me pretty optimistic we're not facing a cliff anytime soon. If we could nab Houston I'm very bullish and just puts us a breakout season away from Allan away from being confident we can challenge for the next 3-5 years.
Yep

Pendles keeps playing until his 40

It means do we stop or keep going. Thought it was clear enough...
Perryman was a free hit because he was a free agent (out of contract and played for the prescribed number of years), meaning we didn't have to trade for him.
Houston is under contract so we have to trade for him, which means players and/or draft picks.
For players we have to trade for, it depends on what resources we have to trade, and whether we want to save those resources to draft young players.
It's a balancing act.
You also have to have salary cap space to bring in those players.
We'd have to trade for Petracca but maybe not for LDU.

It means do we stop or keep going. Thought it was clear enough...
Wasn’t really clear. We need to fill the list so won’t stop until that’s done.

Reckon this might be the last trade if that’s what you mean . There aren’t a lot of list spots available so maybe one DFA and then a couple of draft picks will see it out… apart from more delistings

Question for those here more knowledgeable on trade mechanics than I am (possibly everyone): If we get Houston along with Perryman, do we spend whatever capital we've got left at this stage, or bank it for next year?
Houston is the main one, if any others, maybe Tomlinson at the back end or DFA, but given as Leppa said, we have a list spot issue, that may be it and then go to the draft.

Wasn’t really clear. We need to fill the list so won’t stop until that’s done.

Reckon this might be the last trade if that’s what you mean . There aren’t a lot of list spots available so maybe one DFA and then a couple of draft picks will see it out… apart from more delistings
Yep, that's what I was thinking about -- there doesn't seem to be a lot of list spots we need to fill, delistings aside.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back